• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gabriel (To Aru) VS Tiamat (Fate)

Having read a good chunk of ToAru and good chunk of knowledge of Nasuverse, I am asking myself how is this a match up? Tiamet dies to brute force alone from Gabriel.

...Really? Stomp/spite match. Gabriel's attacks aren't going to even tickle Tiamat, and its only way of winning would be to do something out of character and launch the Earth into the Sun.

Tiamat has this, she need to be heavily nerfed for the F/GO super team to even hurt her and eventually beat her. She doesn't even have a concept of death and has loads of hax that would sooner or later put Gabriel down.

Edit: think about it more both can't really beat each other though Tiamat has an advantage as Gabriel is an archangel who Tiamat should have authority over.

Judging by Tiamats page I would say a tie.

She has plently of earth related defensiv stuff, that might or might not work on a being from christian heaven such as gabriel, but her durability is for the most part too high for anything gabriel does, except Astro in Hand, either way.

If I understand correctly her immortality is also not entirely dependend on the life on earth, but also works otherwise which makes it next to impossible for gabriel to overcome.

That said Timats ability set (as far as her page tells me) is mostly defensive, while her offensive power relies mostly on brute force (except the cellular mind manipulation that wouldn't work on an angel made from telesma).

I don't see through which ability she could finish of a being with high to low-godly regen.

Looks like a stalemate to me. Tiamat doesn't have the hax to kill Gabriel, and Gabriel doesn't have the hax and AP to kill Tiamat.

Tiamat is still under the authority of earth and game, Gabriel manhandle astral bodies those you mention throw the earth to the sun its actually something Gabriel would do, Archangels are more like machines once given a order they would doit by any means possible the only reason it was that Fiamma needed to be alive and protect the star of belen

@Enriarg:

If bloodlusted he would. In a prolonged battle maybe. But usually it really just isn't any tactic he defaults to.

Take for example the case where Kanzaki fought Misha Kreutzev. Gabriel was completly willing to wipe out humanity in order to kill the spellcaster of angel fall, but instead chose the sweep to do the job even though casting it took longer than to destroy the world through Astro in hand.

@DontTalk

Misha isnt Gabriel and sweep at that lvl would destroy the earth, it was not the fast sweep she used vs Accelerator but a full power version that was going to destroy the planet, in both cases no earth, no gaea = bye bye Tiamat

Tiamat doesn't need the Earth to be immortal. She doesn't have a concept of death, and destroying the Earth won't change that.

Enriarg said:
@DontTalk
Misha isnt Gabriel and sweep at that lvl would destroy the earth, it was not the fast sweep she used vs Accelerator but a full power version that was going to destroy the planet, in both cases no earth, no gaea = bye bye Tiamat
Of course Misha is Gabriel. OT Volume 4:

With a sharp and icy look, Kanzaki's voice sounded like a blade.

"Summoning the night to strengthen its own element and putting the moon as the main part. Oh, I see. The element of water, the controller of blue, the guardian of the moon, the keeper of the back. The one who buried the fallen city of Gomorrah under a rain of fire in the Old Testament, the one who foretold the news of the birth of the Son of God to the virgin in the New Testament." At that moment, Kamijou finally remembered. Angel Fall. Since it was named as such, it naturally meant that something descended into this world. "

--Your name is Power of God, the twin-winged archangel aligned to the left side of God, right?"

aka Gabriel, even though in weakened form.

And no a full power sweep does not destroy the planet (if you mean the angel fall one as full power). It is specifically stated to only burn down half of earth (probably the surface meant here) and end humanity. It's a large AoE spell for the most part.

@DontTalk

Just a couple of things. As NotEvenHuman mentioned, Tiamat doesn't have a concept of death. So she won't die if she's killed (if that makes sense) since her body was torn to pieces to create Heaven and Earth in Mesopotamian Myth, yet she survived and recovered in a realm of imaginary numbers after her consciousness was exiled there by the birth of Gaia. So not even destroying the Earth would be enough to kill her.

In addition, she's explicitly stated to be Acausal as her essence exists throughout all of time and space simultaneously.

To finish her in the story, the heroes had to have an extremely powerful Servant who could manipulate her time of death in order to make it the present and inflict the concept of death upon her through his Noble Phantasm. They then had to drag her into the Underworld to eliminate her homefield advantage (which made her go berserk and start flooding the planet with mud). Even then, the heroes (which included numerous Large Planet level characters) could only finish her when bloodlusted Gilgamesh resummoned himself back into the fray with a fully-charged Ea in hand to obliterate her physical form with a ridiculously powerful conceptual weapon.

Because of this, it's still a stalemate even with Astro-in-Hand, since Tiamat just won't die.

@Reppuzan: I more or less know most of that from Tiamats profile, which is the reason I stated that it is a tie...

So the question is: why are you telling me that?

@DontTalk

Welp, that's what I get for not reading your post properly. Still, a little something for everyone else who isn't in the know about her.

Back