• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

G3 Gamera should count as an alternate form.

Look, we need to talk about Gamera in G3. It's pretty basic scaling, but G3 Gamera is visibly stronger than in the previous two movies. Here's what I mean.
In the first movie, the Gyaos could cut through steel cages in their weakest state, which we will refer to as 1st state. Later, they grew larger and were able to leave a nasty cut on Gamera's hand. They grow again, and become able to leave a deep gash on his shoulder. The Super Gyaos is stronger than this previous state, and the Hyper Gyaos is stronger still.
This is where G3 Gamera comes in. The Hyper Gyaos tries to attack Gamera on the hand like the "2nd stage" Gyaos did in the first movie. Unlike the first time, this attack doesn't do anything to Gamera, even bouncing off of him entirely, which is something only his shell in the first movie could do.
Later in the movie, Gamera is hit by two missiles that create explosions bigger than his own body. In the first film, he was knocked down by a lesser barrage, even though he had good footing, and took a bit to get back on his feet. In G3, he gets hit by a much stronger attack, while he has no footing, and it only knocks him out of flight for about 3 to 6 seconds before he's right back to chasing Iris as if nothing happened.

Do you have any scans for the OP to support arguments? I’m not so knowledgeable when it comes to Gammera.

Do you have any scans for the OP to support arguments? I’m not so knowledgeable when it comes to Gammera.

First movie, against a much smaller and weaker Gyaos. It cuts up his hand.

Third movie, against the far stronger Hyper Gyaos. It does absolutely nothing to him
And this even applies to his fireballs

First movie, he destroys a couple buildings with 3

Third movie, 3 fireballs cause this

First movie, against a much smaller and weaker Gyaos. It cuts up his hand.

Third movie, against the far stronger Hyper Gyaos. It does absolutely nothing to him
And this even applies to his fireballs

First movie, he destroys a couple buildings with 3

Third movie, 3 fireballs cause this

I agree then

Back