• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

G.O.H General Discussion thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably low 4C in Jin mode and higher with recoilless. Considering his version of recoilless now surpasses his grandpa's one armed combat, which was on par with the gods, and he can easily break through his armorsuit with it.

Dan, probably 6C or 6B. Dean should be above most tabooed humans, if not most with taboo removed, and Dan should be comparable

Love the chapter hyped AF! and damn now everything is recoiless. I'm digging this
Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.03.31 PM
embarasment kek

At this point, Mo-Ri should just have an ability that makes him immune to power copying. OvO

Tbh I guys I thought about making a CRT for Jin Mori cause it seems well... a CRT for the whole verse cause it seems that when a person martial arts get better during mid fight against someone that's stumping them or a whole tier above them they can defeat that person and damage them which changes their AP rating iirc

For example Jin Mori vs Dean

Jin Moro's grandfather as well

I think it's been pretty clear for a while now that martial arts increase AP in this series. There's a good reason it's placed in the same realm as borrowed power as an ability that can close the gap between humans and gods.

I mean the profiles don't really reflect that tho

It's more of a stat amp or reactive evolution cause Jin Mori gets stronger in the middle of fights with just martial arts even tho he doesn't get an external source of power from anywhere

Yeah, I agree. Saints from Saint Seiya have a similar thing where the same attack doesn't work twice due to their skill. Something like reactive evolution works.

Yeah it's similar

At first I kinda was like it's PIS a year ago but it was happening just way too many times to be written off as pis or outlier

The whole verse is in serious need of reviewing but as of now, we're in really deep into the story and I'm sure there's bound to be loads of new stuff coming.

Yeah, there are tons of unevaluated feats and way more hax that the verse has than the profiles lead you to believe.

Also Dean would be an amazing character to have a profile on here.

6-B copier that adapts as he fights.

Novel Kars intensifies

Yeah Dead man, Dean is just insane

What's interesting tho is there are more people like him tho out there

It also seems that Jin Mori never really mastered his fighting style until now and he may still have need for improvement.

Having seen Dies Irae and Tokyo Ghoul: re turned into animes...

I fear for any anime adaptation of a series I enjoy.

i actually loved TG anime well the firs series. Then when it ended i started readint the manga and it was so different then the first series. THat was the first time a manga and anime i saw had ever did that. I still found the anime interesting well the first season cause all the other seasons are just horrible how they made new plots and stuff

Monarch Laciel said:
Having seen Dies Irae and Tokyo Ghoul: re turned into animes...

I fear for any anime adaptation of a series I enjoy.
There is an animation for the GoH mobile game and it looks amazing. If an anime adaptation mantained that same level of quality, I wouldn't mind watching it. Also the animation made Mi-Ra look way cuter than in the manhua. So there's that.

Putting the Dies Irae anime and the Tokyo Ghoul:re anime in the same sentence is an insult to the Dies Ir- Actually, putting the TG:Re anime and any other anime in the same sentence is an insult to anime adaptions in general.

With all the recent chapters now, what tier would you guys put weakened Jin/Dan and Dean? I personally would put weakened Jin at comfortable at 4-C for iirc having statements saying that even in his current state he is stronger than both Dae-wi and Yu Mi-Ra or at least Mi-Ra and for fighting a serious Mujin Park. Now with Dean 4-C seems way too high at face value but thinking back on it, that isn't that crazy considering how he tanked the sacrificium which would have killed both Jin and Mujin Park, he tanked expanded youi's and even sent it back to breaking Jin(Dan) his shoulder, and even while Jin was in his Jin form(the same form he used in his fight with Mujin Park)he couldn't do any direct damage to Dean and had to rely on putting stress on Dean's body. Albeit this was all done with Dean wearing the armor and it shows more about how strong the armor it rather than Dean but the point is Dean would have a 4-C tier with the armor.Thoughts about this?

He isn't actually weaker. Like I said above Jin Mori using martial arts moves them up tiers no matter how strong the opponent is. The series has made that clear despite how much power the opponent has if you have better martial arts them them u can fight them toe to toe or even completely demolish them.

He may not have all of his divine power but his martial arts is literally proven to be on a whole new level compared to 17 years ago. He even stated it

I definitely got the idea the martial arts can make one jump tiers in the verse but it gets confusing when you consider Jin fought and beat 3rd form Satan when he was in his weakened base form. Is Jin during the end of the Satan fight stronger than the Jin that was fighting Mujin Park?

If no, then that would mean current Mujin Park > Satan and is definitely 4-C.

If yes, then that would mean present base Jin > Satan fight base Jin due to elevating his martial arts to a higher level and present base Jin should definitely be 4-C due to stomping Satan in a weaker base state before.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

So is it, base present Mori Jin > mastered renewal tae kwon do(or whatever) Mori Dan >armoured Dean> present Mujin Park > 3rd form Satan>>>>Mori Dan?

Present Mujin wouldn't be stronger than 3rd form Satan

But Mori Dan was stated to have surpassed Jin Tae Jin and even ended up temporarily blowing away the armor suit which was tanking hits during Ragnorak

Isn't his performance of martial arts currently inferior to his old self's, only his understanding has reached its new level. It's only his implementation of recoilless that's on a new level, his other martial arts and basic physical ability are still inferior to during Ragnarok, because his body's need to recover is worsening his form.

I think we can definitely consider him to be superior to before (even as Mori Dan) with Recoilless Renewal, but not with the rest of his attacks.

@Monarch Laciel

But wouldn't the Jin that fought Mujin Park be stronger than the Jin that fought Satan due to current Jin learning to gain more control over his body after being stuck as Mori Dan. They even did the racing comparison equating Mori Dan transforming to Mori Jin after having to restrict and control his body is like a race car driver winning with a terrible and broken race car and switching to a perfect flawless race car which was meant to point out Jin's improvement in controlling his body and martial arts.

His martial arts performance is better than it was before. His grandfather was superior to him in martial arts during Ragnorak, and now he's surpassed him.

Technically yeah he would be stronger. There are two ways to gain "power/strength" in GOH. With divine power or martial arts. Jin Mori 17 years ago wasn't really relying anymore on his martial arts basics after unlocking his power after fighting Greed. Ever since then he had been using martial arts but they weren't even on the level that his grandfathers martial arts were on. He was relying on his skills, others skills he copied and his major divine power.

Current Jin Mori in one way or another is basically saying he was limiting himself when he obtained his power. He forgot his basic training with his martial arts. Repeating the basic lessons over and over again; we even see Mori Dan distorting space which is a feat that Jin Mori never did. Tbh when Mori Dan has done that feat he could be considered better than Jin Mori because at that time his martial arts were already getting better because he had to stop relying on his divine power because his body was not used to it.

Aw crap, I just made a General Discussion thread about this without even knowing there was one to begin with. oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back