• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Revisions

But I think the problem lies in that Edward was hurt by far weaker attacks as that was the strongest actual attack shown excluding the use of the philospher stone. If Ed gets scaled a lot of people would end up getting scaled who should have similar durability to Ed. Plus, would this affect their attack potencies?

I think it would affect their attack potency. What weaker attacks has Ed been hurt by?

I think that Dark649 seems to make sense.

Pride also matched Hohenheim and Ed could only beat him after he was injured greatly plus, Pride is frequently regarded as the strongest Homunculi's which includes Wrath.

Although I don't remember any exact instances when Ed was hurt, I'm sure he must have been hurt otherwise he wouldn't have been hurt at all in the series.

From what I have seen, most of the calcs that were done for FMA were based on the manga, meaning there could be some issues regarding timeframe and stuff.

Does anyone know if FMA: Brotherhood is canon? It was directly based off the manga after all.

FMA: Brotherhood follows the events of the manga, but it adds more elements for expanding the story like Isaac.

FMAB is about as canon as Naruto anime and other such anime. It adds in a couple of things here and there but it mostly stays faithful to the manga. I'm not sure if vs battles uses anime in order to make more sense of a feat and to get a better time frame but if so, scaling from the anime should work.

If FMAB has the same status as the Naruto anime in terms of canonicity, I don't think we are allowed to use it to find feats.

Would have made calculations for some of the feats much easier, especially for King Bradley's speed...

@ Lina Do you think the mach 11 something calc for Bradley could be improved?

Regardless, I think we should start doing some power-scaling now.

That Mach 11 calc for Bradley means that he can move faster than a tank round, so it would be difficult to improve something like that.

Perhaps we can use the feat where Bradley climbs the stairs/cuts Lan Fan's arms off or something (considering that Lan Fan couldn't even react to Bradley moving towards her from far away, a FTE timeframe could be justified)?

So, I'll re-read FMA to get a better understanding of the power-scaling.

Also, have all the feats in FMA been calculated, or are there still any feats left?

I'm pretty sure there are probably more but I don't really know. Shit, I almost forgot about a thread I created.

Kimblee explosion which collapsed a mine, it's an important feat because he was able to do it with one philosopher stone. Since he should have two tabbers: With two philosophers stones | With one philosopher stone.

I think they can only use one philospoher stone at a time, Kimblee called his second one a 'spare' so I don't think you can combine the powers of two philospher stones into one. Have we ever seen Kimblee without a philospher stone?

So, is any work happening concerning the FMA revisions?

I think it depends on whether we accept Ed survivng Father's town level feat or we regard that as an outlier. I can't remember any exact moments but I'm sure that Ed's been hurt by a lot less. Regardless, the following people should be the ones who scale to Ed's durability.

Alphonse, Wrath, Izumi, Roy, Kimblee, Scar, possibly Armstrong and the homonculi. I think that Pride, regular Father and Hohenheim are probably a step ahead.

^ Wasn't Ed saved from that blast by Hohenheim? Also, Ed has been grievously wounded by a large building level explosion if I remember correctly. And I'm pretty sure Armstrong is more durable than Ed.

Izumi was the one Hohenheim protected, Ed was knocked back and his automail arm was broken apart. Who was that Large building level attack caused by? I'm not sure about Armstrong being more durable due to Ed's automail but they should be roughly in the same league. When Father destroyed the courtyard, Ed, Al and Hohenheim were the only ones who took the attack head on, though I think Ed was further back compare to the other two. Al was mostly left shattered, with the bottom half of his armour blown apart but Hohenheim protected Izumi and was then knocked back by Father, but he never suffered too much damage.

I think most of Scar's attacks ignore durability. So I guess we would probably have to scale Ed to someone else because I don't hink Ed was that much of a glass canon.

I think we have to decide where we place Ed's durability at. We can either put him at Large Building level, town level or we can regard both of these as low and high end outliers and give him city block durability based on scaling from Kimblee.

Most human characters in FMA/FMAB have very low durability (possibly except Armstrong and Sig Curtis). Ed is no different. Both Ed and Kimblee were pierced by metal rods.

Ed/Kimblee/Roy seem like wall to street level while Armstrong and Sig would be Room level for fighting Sloth

Just to add a point. Physically standing, King Bradley/Wrath should be above Ed and most of the cast.

If any characters are going to be higher than Bradley in AP, it would be due to their alchemy, and not their physical strength.

This means that most of the cast in FMA should have Class GJ striking strength.

Kimblee survived a city block level feat, it just seems that those characters have a weakness against sharp objects.

I was thinking the same thing about Ed and Al when I checked their profiles the other time because Arakawa said several times they're meant to be equals though it felt like a pain in the ass to make a thread about it. And Ed's superior knowledge of Alchemy was when they were younger, not to mention knowledge of Alchemy does not mean powerlevels, this is isn't Dragon Ball.

Roy Mustang normally has a higher destructive output than Ed or Al, but Ed and Al have a way to defend themselves against his flames and are more versatile in what they can do, not to mention they would certainly kick his ass in h2h fighting. Everytime anyone got close to Mustang he ended up being beaten

Ed only managed to beat Pride because he was really weakened and the thing with Father does not make him more powerful because Father lost his connection to god and pretty much all his godly power before fighting Ed who still needed help from Greed/Ling.

Also about Durability, the ones that take the cake for it are Hohenheim>Armor Alphonse because they tanked the laser beam Father did, Alphonse had his body destroyed for the most part but he still managed to hold up and protect Mei, Hohenheim was not dismembered or anything though he was pretty much left useless after protecting Ed and Izumi. Nobody else should have higher durability except some homunculus(Greed, maybe Sloth) and father himself, certainly not Ed that gets pierced by mild steel rods, every human character has human durability except maybe Scar 'cause he's a freak, the only difference Ed has with other humans is his automail parts that are definetely harded.

0026 0001

0029 0001

So should we treat Kimblee surviving his city block level feat as an outlier? As well as Ed surviving Fathers blast?

Plus, I'm sure that Pride has some good durability feats.

That's incorrect so no idea why it says that in here, Ed didn't survive that attack point blank he was just blown away for being near it. The ones that it targetted where Mei, Alphonse, Hohenheim and Izumi, Ed was behind them(he appears a moment before Father shoots it) and Hoheinheim tanked the shot protecting both Izumi and Ed while Al did his part with Mei.

As for Kimblee, can you tell me the chapter number? I don't remember it and I might as well check how that happened, the fact that he had the stone adds to his overall capabilities though so I don't think anyone should scale from him unless it's a homunculus.

See these pics, Al,Mei, H and Izumi all together before Ed appears right behind, he was protected.

0192 0001

0195 0001

0196 0001

@Inoue I'm not sure about Ed surviving since it didn't look like he was protected by Hohenheim as, Hohenheim had moved to protect Izumi instead. However, I think that would be regarded as an outlier due to him not doing anything on that level before. About the Kimblee feat, it was calculated at roughly city block level and he was right in the centre when it happened; it's clear that the Philosopher stone does not passively increase a characters durability so I think that the feat should be treated as his natrual durability as it wasn't implied or shown that he had created a barrier before doing the feat. Whether it should be treated as an outlier can be decided between you guys.

Back to Fathers feat though, only Hohenheim should get the direct durability of mcb or town level, whichever one is chosen. However this would mean that by powerscaling, Father should obviously get the feat and also Pride, due to him being the only homonculus capable fo fighting Hohenheim, though I'm not entirely sure. Ed was losing against Pride despite Pride having a huge disadvantage. One other character who might get the durability is Greed, due to him possesing the 'ultimate shield'.

@Lina & Dark649 Are you willing to handle potential revisions here?

Back