• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Revisions

Okay, so I've been on the FMA page and to me, there appear to be some problems

Firstly, why is Al rated so much lower than Ed? Ed and Al have always been comparable in power, with Al being superior in hand to hand (stated in the manga and the shows) whilst Ed is acknowledged to be superior in alchemy by most (though there was no direct statement). However, there is no way Ed is over 20x as powerful as Al, if anything, Al saw more of the Truth's information so he should have an advantage in raw knowledge whilst Ed probably has better technique. I also don't like the idea of Ed or anyone else being scaled to Kimblee in attack potency since Kimblee's alchemy is focused on destruction and only his absolute strongest alchemy is town level, only Father and possibly Hohenheim have that level of attack potency.

However I don't mind either way but either Al should be upgraded or Ed and a couple of others should be downgraded.

Also, one other minor thing is that Sloth was directly stated to be the fastest homonculus (whether or not this includes Father is debatable), so he should be hypersonic by scaling from Bradley. though I can understand if this isn't accepted.

I'll probably be adding more things as I continue searching.

Izumi Curtis and Pride also need some revisions. Izumi should definitely be comparable or even stronger than Ed and Al, in both hand to hand and Alchemy, why the hell is she lower than both?

Pride is also one of the strongest in the series, hell Ed could only beat him when Pride was significantly weakened from forcing Roy to open the gate. He should be superior to Ed and comparable to Hohenheim because even Hohenheim was struggling against Pride, though I admit Pride did have the location advantage.

Actually most of the profiles are inaccurate, but i'm not in the mood to rewatch the entire series and fix them.

Ok, from what i recall Edward trained with Alphonse, who was able to hold his own against Pride and Armstrong, who fought on par with Sloth, who can ruin tanks and tank shots like nothing. Edward was able to defeat the Slicer Brothers, while Barry was no match for Al. Izumi was able to survive a hit from Hohenheim. Roy Mustang (I don't know why he is scaled to Kimblee) was able to defeat Gluttony, Lust (Who is not 8-C) and Monster Envy, who fought with May. Lan Fan damaged transformed Gluttony and Fu distracted Bradley. Scar was able to fight Gluttony and Bradley, who destroyed tanks and weapons with ease and fought with Buccaneer and Greed. Darius and etc, also helped in the final battle against Father, who initially is scaled to Kimblee prior the ritual and then was overpowered by an enraged Edward with complete both arms.

Here Scar feats, also i'm planning to do a downgrade thread since several profiles are at an higher tier than their feats.

@Dark649

There are a couple of things that I have to correct. Alphonse could only fight against Pride and Kimblee witht the help of a true philosopher stone, after which Al and Pride were both buried by Hohenheim. When did Hohenheim attack Izumi? Unless you mean the part when he rearranged her organs but I don't think that scales. I also don't remember Roy fighting against Gluttony because Gluttony was consumed by Pride unless you mean another instance, which i don't really recall. Envy and Lust make sense, though I'm not entirely sure. Fu was barely keeping up with Bradley with the help from Ling in Greed form, who was doing most of the work to be honest. Scar, I think, actually would have defeated Gluttony had it not been for Gluttony's extreme Regenerationn and Bradley was heavily injured and tired when fighting Scar and Scar was still likely to lose, had it not been for the sun. Plus, Ed could only fight and compete against Father after he had 3 or 4 major power downs, so I don't think that scales since Father could react because he was struggling to keep "God" inside his body.

Burstchaos said:
I don't remember Roy fighting against Gluttony because Gluttony was consumed by Pride unless you mean another instance, which i don't really recall.
That is not a big deal, it was a moment where Roy saw him and blasted him away to a building with his fire.

One last thing, I don't remember Building or Large Building level attacks in the series, it has mostly Small Building level attacks and Monster Envy size, the Town level explosion made by Kimblee, lastly there is the City-Block level ice size from Isaac, who is exclusive to the 2009 anime.

There is no need to bump, we should discuss the scaling only the two of us because most users don't remember or don't know the series. When we have decided i will fix the profiles.

Well first we have to decie whther we should continue to scale people to Kimblee's town level feat, which I think was done with a philophers stone though I'm not use. If we do choose to do so, then people like Izumi, Alphonse, Pride, Roy and possibly Scar would scale due to being roughly on par or superior to Ed. I don't think this should be the case though, as that was Kimblee's absolute most powerful attack, the rest of his attacks are no where near that level, especially the attacks that are used on Ed and Al etc. If he did use a Philosopher stone though, then the rest should definitely not scale.

Fathers multi city block level feat should scale to Hohenheim and Pride, as he was able to hold off Hohenheim though I don't remember the details. This shouldn't scale to anyone else though as I don't think anyone else was capable of fighting against Pride, Father or Hohenheim without them being at a disadvantage. When Ed fought Pride, Pride was severly weakened due to forcing Roy to open the gate and when Al fought he had a true philosopher stone.

Here are the calcs, also i believe that Kimblee's town level attack should only scale to Father because his casual blasts had similar rating and normally Kimblee struggled with Roy, who was able to defeat monster Envy at his best. Also a durabilty upgrade for the characters that are more durable than Kimblee.

I agree with that, though I think Hohenheim was able to compete fairly against Father and Pride was able to compete against Hohenheim though Pride did have an advantage. So where would that put everyone else?

Everyone else could scale from Scar explosioand him damaging Kimblee with a steel pipe. (Several characters fought and matched him). Sloth and Wrath, who were able to cut and take hits from tanks with ease. Lastly there is Monster Envy size.

@Dark, accordng to his profile, Ed once transmuted buildings so i think that would be a better feat to scale from as he seemed to be capable of it multiple times. If not the Scar feat is a good indicator, though Scar's alchemy is mainly based on transumuting human insides so he isn't the most destructive. Sloth was a tank, he was made to take hits, so I don't think it would be fair to scale the humans to him in durability though attack potency, definitely. Armstrong, Izumi and Sid were caoable of hurting him, so Ed could scale from them at the very least.

@God-King I think the only time he was actually hurt was by Scar and Heinkel, where he died. But I don't think that changes anything since the stone doesn't improve durability, only attack potency/destructive capacity.

@ RoyGundam the scaling comes from Kimblee wanting to beat Roy's high score in the ishval war.

When was this? If that's true then that's his natural durability as, whilst you can make more powerful barriers or armors, the philosopher stone does not improve your ordinary durability as far as I know. Then I think that would scale to Scar, which would lead to more characters getting revision but I think city block attack potency makes sense for Ed, Al, Izumi etc.

Edit- After re-watching the fight between Scar and Kimblee, I don't think Scar would scale to Kimblee as he never actually hurt Kimblee except when using the steel pipe. He never hurt him with his physical strikes, so I don't know how it scales.

If that's so, his town level feat shouldn't scale to anyone and only Father, Hohenheim and probably Pride should be multi-city block and possibly town level, depending on how you take the calculation. Everyone else should probably scale to Kimblee's city block level feat or maybe large building. Also, perhaps Alphonse should have 2 seperate keys, one for without the stone and one with the stone, where he was able to match both Pride and Kimblee.

Can someone confirm if he did have a philosopher stone or not? Then, I think we can get on with the scaling.

Burstchaos said:
Can someone confirm if he did have a philosopher stone or not? Then, I think we can get on with the scaling.
Don't worry, i'm currently searching for that.

No, they seem to block everybody who are not logged in from seeing the scans.

I think that Father, Hohenheim and Pride should get mcb level attack, possibly town level, whilst others should be put at city block or lower. However the problem is that some of the fodders seemed to have survived the mcb level attack from father so I'm not sure what to do with the durabilities I can also confirm that Kimblee did use a philosophers stone for his town level attack so no one should scale, though Father and Hohenheim are living philosopher stones with most likely more souls than what Kimblee had so they may get that scaling.

Yes, Kimblee did had a philosopher's stone during the Ishval war and a new other was given to him by Wrath and Envy after his release from prison, later Ed separated him from his first stone, but he used the other to to create an explosion which collapsed a mine. He was later damaged Heinkel, in his lion form and consumed by Pride while he had the second philosopher's stone.

It scales to Edward and Hohenheim. Possibly to Alphonse because he was not destroyed completely and not so sure about Izumi and May since they were protected and still ended up badly injured.

Back