• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL DCAU Flash

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Currently DCAU Flash is listed at Relativistic for his planet-running feat. Why is this so when he has a better feat?

In Justice League Season 2 Episode 14 Flash is able to run from Earth's orbit to a location very near the sun in a little less than 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Since light takes about 8 minutes and 20 seconds to get from the Sun the Earth, would that not put Flash at FTL speeds?

Some may argue that Flash was not running on his own, but was being assisted by Green Lantern, yet I do not see how this is possible, as the whole point of it was that the Flash is the fastest. Honestly GL could have just used his ring to deliver the wormhole generator in the first place (since he was making the bridge Flash was using), but the plot wanted to show Flash's speed. Flash even describes the feat as a "cosmic treadmill"; a treadmill does not boost the speed of the runner, but is there a way that GL was steroiding his movement in some way?

So what do you think of this? Would this let Flash qualify for FTL speeds for his DCAU profile or does Green Lantern's interference mean this is not usable?

I don't think it would be illegitimate, but I feel as if it would be an outlier, as the Relativistic feat nearly killed Flash.

It was stated in Season 2 Episode 18 that the Flash was the same speed as Sinestro's ring blasts (which he stated right afterwards to be the speed of light.) so that could also be considered while thinking about this

Disregard my previous statement, as the wiki has dismissed it as just hyperbole (someone tried to upgrade the Flash before using this). I just found this out.

Back