• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL Bleach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a revision. It's just a discussion. I'm curious.

I'm not sure if you guys have come across this feat, but here it is. I want to read your discussion on this.
Ftl1

On chapter 266, Aaroniero uses Flash Step before the light can touch him. The wall behind falls apart and he was able to react to that as well as move out of the way before his cover was blown due to disintegrating in the sunlight.

At first, I was thinking this is an outlier, but Bleach has barely any quantifiable speed feats if any at all (stacking FTEs isn't quantifiable either). This is literally the only straight up speed feat I know of that doesn't require any form of calc, pixel scaling, or assumptions.

With that being said, It's funny how this feat would upgrade almost the entire verse to FTL at the very least. Again, I'm not asking for a revision. I want to hear your opinions.

Why does Bleach have such terrible speed feats smh.

This feat has come up before and was deemed an outlier for producing Sub-Relativistic or faster speeds from a character that is kind of fodder in the series. As faster characters have more Massively Hypersonic+ feats.

Warren Valion said:
This feat has come up before and was deemed an outlier for producing Sub-Relativistic or faster speeds from a character that is kind of fodder in the series. As faster characters have more Massively Hypersonic+ feats.
What feats exactly? I checked out the ones on here and also some irrelevant ones that I'm aware of, but they're unquantifiable as far as I know meaning assumptions or calcs are required for them to be "quantifiable." Feats take priority in that situation, would they not?

Isn't he not even close to top tier? So him Flash Stepping out of the way before the light hit him would likely be an outlier unless it doesn't come up to that much in a calc.

It's not flash step btw it's the arancar equivalent

And it shouldn't be an outlier as aarinero is stated to be the fastest/best user of the technique

@Paul Frank

It would be an outlier depending on how high the results are. Even if he's the best with the technique, it would be insane for him to have a higher speed feat compared to the likes of end Ichigo and Yhwach.

Aaroniero isn't the best user if Sonido. We don't actually know who is but Zommari is the one who claims to have the fastest sonido/best at sonido.

Yea it's a Sonido. Woops.

Also sunlight isn't light speed? What? Lol.

The thing is quantifiable speed feats arn't there. What you guys consider feats arn't really quantifiable. They require assumptions or calcs which arn't reliable. I'm just saying feats take priority. Not asking for an upgrade. It's just something I want to see resolved correctly if possible. My point is that you can't be an outlier when there isn't a quantifiable feat that says so. Now if other character showed lightning timing feats or anything of sorts, then it would definitely be an outlier.

@Onracol

Calcs are reliable, that's what they are for. Feats take priority but without a Calculation you can't get an exact number.

If the results of this came back and they are higher than top tier characters, it's an outlier, plain and simple.

@Lord

The top tiers don't actually perform any speed feats tbh. All the speed feats come from mid tiers that they completely blitz.

Sigurd does have a point though. This whole song and dance routine has been done a number of times with the same result since I joined and I've only been here half a year.

Idk how calcs are realiable when you get different values every time especially when some assumptions (usually time) are made. As if pixel scaling is legit (just my 2 cents). Feats like that should take priority over the calcs because they're more concrete than calcs.

We could leave it alone, but I was hoping to get quantifiable feats. I've reread Bleach 3 times now and speed feats are relative to one another which results in crazy ass scaling.

People get different results because people used different methods, I don't see how that is not clear. If we went by your logic, many verses would be downgraded hard because calcs would be unusable.

Tbh, if I was in charge with the rankings then every verse I know would get downgraded hard. No Bleach character has done anything near moon level. I don't believe in using real life math/physics and applying it to fiction. It's very silly and unrealiable. Just because they use different methods doesn't explain why the same feat has different values. It's the same feat haha.

Anyways, I won't argue that point because the majority of vs wiki are under the notion that calcs are good. I simply disagree. Feats are far more realiable and far more easier to manage. If a character can bust a mountain and break the sound barrier, then that's their output and speed (ofc context matters). Multiplers, pixel scaling, calcs, etc. are just not useful in most cases.

I think this thread might derail and become toxic, so feel free to respond (I'll see what else you have to say), but I said what I had to say.

The fact that they are using different methods is the reason why the get different results.

Some people either do the calculation wrong or new information has surfaced that would change the results.

If feats where only used everyon who dodged a light attack would instantly be classed as FTL regardless of the distance.

This isn't going to become toxic as no one has yelled at anyone or said anything bad about anyone. However since your done and this obviously won't go through, I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back