• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friendship is Magic and The Elements bind us: Will Vandom (W.I.T.C.H.) vs Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • 2-A Versions (Magical Sovereign Will / Rainbow Powered Twilight)
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (For everything else)

Will Vandom:

Twilight Sparkle (Pony World):

Inconclusive:

WillVandom%27sNewPower.png
SparkleRainbow.png

Seeing as to how you're knowledgeable on both, are you gonna make one of those big explanation comments on how this might go? I can look into that

Seeing as to how you're knowledgeable on both, are you gonna make one of those big explanation comments on how this might go? I can look into that
I only have in depth knowledge on W.I.T.C.H., while my knowledge on MLP is surface level at best. I'm hoping MLP experts show up to debate.

At most, I can so a summary on Will.

I only have in depth knowledge on W.I.T.C.H., while my knowledge on MLP is surface level at best. I'm hoping MLP experts show up to debate.

At most, I can so a summary on Will.
Alright, for some important details

How many layers of resistance on transmutation and power null?

Alright, for some important details

How many layers of resistance on transmutation and power null?
Will has standard resistance to transmutation that she gets from the Heart of Kandrakar which protected her fro turning into a black rose. As for resistance to power null, she doesn't have any inherent resistance to it but she has her own power null

And is that layered?
Yes but only one layer. Will's magic could nullify Irma and Corneila's combo attack by was incapable of breaking the spell that binded the Banshee. However the Heart of Kandrakar could and this will has all of it's magic and more within her.

Last edited:
Yes but only one layer. Will's magic could nullify Irma and Corneila's combo attack by was incapable of breaking the spell that binded the Banshee. However the Heart of Kandrakar could and this will has all of it's magic and more within her.
OK, and how does it work? Is it a beam or does it just happen? Is it activated by gesture, thought, or words?

No it's more of a she'll use it when necessary or when desperate.
OK so...

If I recall correctly, this version of Twilight starts with power null and BFR, same range as any of her other abilities, and is thought activated (Though the spell does have a moment of charge-up, it also functions as a forcefield). Pretty sure this still works individually

OK so...

If I recall correctly, this version of Twilight starts with power null and BFR, same range as any of her other abilities, and is thought activated (Though the spell does have a moment of charge-up, it also functions as a forcefield). Pretty sure this still works individually

Hmmm Will has danger sense that lets her know when something bad is about to happen so it will put her in guard. Teleportation can help her get out of range and it's one of her more frequently used powers.

Hmmm Will has danger sense that lets her know when something bad is about to happen so it will put her in guard. Teleportation can help her get out of range and it's one of her more frequently used powers.
If I recall correctly, the spell has the same range as any of Twilight's other spells and she herself can teleport as well

If I recall correctly, the spell has the same range as any of Twilight's other spells and she herself can teleport as well
Yeah but Will's range exceeds Twilight's as Will has Multiversal+ range, and with her sight, she can see twilight from universes away and accurately hit her.

BTW, can you show scans for it? I'm having doubts on how it works

Yeah but Will's range exceeds Twilight's as Will has Multiversal+ range, and with her sight, she can see twilight from universes away and accurately hit her.
Yeah, but can she harm her? Even without Rainbow Power she scales to hundreds of millions of times baseline? Also feel Twilight ought to scale to the princesses, who for some reason don't have that range.
Scans for the Heart bypassing the binding spell on the Banshee you mean.

Teleportation looks like it needs to be gestured. I don't know how often she uses it to spam dodge attacks and the like.

Last edited:
Yeah, but can she harm her? Even without Rainbow Power she scales to hundreds of millions of times baseline? Also feel Twilight ought to scale to the princesses, who for some reason don't have that range.
She'll sense the power difference so here hax would come into play faster than normal.

Scans for the Heart bypassing the binding spell on the Banshee you mean.
Scans are on the profile aren't they? Here is Will nullifying Irma and Corneila's combo attack, then in the later arc she couldn't break the spell that binded the Banshee but when she used the Heart of Kandrakar to amplify their magic it states exactly...

"In a distant time, when the universe was young..."

"... The most powerful magic was sealed within an amulet, the purest essence of every virtue!"

"Today, that essence bursts forth once again, made more powerful by another element..."

"... The strength and determination of a true warrior."

"A cosmic union that is invincible. Supreme."

"Who could resist it?"

"Who could stop it?"

In the scan Will had to use the Heart of Kandrakar which was then amped further by the girl in the picture to the right to break the bonds that held the Banshee (the woman in the bottom left of the scan). The scaling goes

Will's magic (nullified Irma/Cornelia's attack) < The Heart of Kandrakar (stated to contain the strongest magic in every virtue) < The Heart of Kandrakar + Amped by the Guardians (stated to make it even stronger, the girl in the scan was replacing Taranee because she temporarily left the group) < New Power Will (After having her power + the Heart taken, she received her new power which is the power of the Heart at it's purest and strongest to transform her into a more powerful form and became the new Heart that binds and strengthens the Guardians) < Magical Sovereign Will (Her magic became more powerful)

However, since it's unknown how much more potent in terms of layers her magic is. Her magic abilities in her New Power form/Magical Sovereign state are at least as potent as the Heart + the Guardians amp since she is stated to be more powerful than them in magic. So it's one layer above her normal power null as it surpasses it in every virtue.

Teleportation looks like it needs to be gestured. I don't know how often she uses it to spam dodge attacks and the like.
Her Teletransportation needs a head gesture yes, but she has other teleportion abilities in her New Power/Magical Sovereign key which don't require a hand gesture it's just a flash of light.

However, since it's unknown how much more potent in terms of layers her magic is. Her magic abilities in her New Power form/Magical Sovereign state are at least as potent as the Heart + the Guardians amp since she is stated to be more powerful than them in magic. So it's one layer above her normal power null as it surpasses it in every virtue.
So just in case, it power-nulled someone with baseline power-null resistance?

Can you show the scan for failure on breaking the spell? Kinda unsure as you only sent the scan of the successful power null
Sorry for taking so long I was at work all day for the past 2 days and when I was done, I was just to tired to comment.

Anyway, I was actually mixing up Will attempting to free the Banshee with her magic before using the Heart. However, it is stated that they alone (Including Will), couldn't free the Banshee with the Oracle stating they half to combine their magic with Orube's. It's even shown that Cornelia couldn't manipulate the earth because Yua's (the Banshee) magic was making it resist her. So Yua's magic (which is whats binding here) is resistant to the Guardians individual magic which is why Will couldn't free herself when she was attacked and needed the Heart to break free and simple went to go get the others so they could overcome the magic that Yua was binded to Ari with (the Banshee's own magic) together as their magic is more potent when together.

So yes, Will (New Power/Magical Sovereign key) has more potent power null because she holds all the Heart's power (which surpasses former Will's in every virtue) and has more magic power than the other Guardians who in weaker states could help the Heart nullify the magic of the Banshee, which resists the Guardians magic including Will's, and by themselves admittedly can't do as stated.

Also, I don't even see resistance to Power Nullification on Twilight's page so I'm not sure why were discussing if Will has layered power null.

Anyway, I was actually mixing up Will attempting to free the Banshee with her magic before using the Heart.
This is making us doubt a lot of your previous, current, and future statements
It's even shown that Cornelia couldn't manipulate the earth because Yua's (the Banshee) magic was making it resist her.
You know the usual issue with statements, right? How do we know Yua wasn't just manipulating it himself or that he simply had stronger earth manip? Nothing about this is specifically about power null
which is why Will couldn't free herself when she was attacked and needed the Heart to break free
Again, nothing about this looks to be power null. We can easily argue this to be stronger water manip or magic. Nothing about this indicates power null
has more magic power than the other Guardians who in weaker states could help the Heart nullify the magic of the Banshee, which resists the Guardians magic including Will's, and by themselves admittedly can't do as stated.
I'm going to assume you're using this scan again for this statement?
she holds all the Heart's power
Scans for this happening?

This is making us doubt a lot of your previous, current, and future statements
That's bad logic, especially when I've provided scans for pretty much everything asked on this thread but because my memory slipped up regarding something I read like a year ago and isn't fresh in my mind because I'm busy with a bunch of other verses you trying to doubt "a lot" of what I've said in the past, present, and will say in the future! Then don't even bother commenting again on any thread I make about this series or go ahead and make revisions for past/future threads I've made (or will make) regarding claims of the W.I.T.C.H. series and doubt them all you want.
You know the usual issue with statements, right? How do we know Yua wasn't just manipulating it himself or that he simply had stronger earth manip? Nothing about this is specifically about power null
Sorry but no... the statement doesn't say that. It's a wall infused with the Banshee's magic and Corneila stated it's "resisting" her. And to say that it's because "she had stronger earth manipulation" is false and headcannon because Elyon's magic/element magic power is shown and stated to be more powerful than the Guardians even while they transformed, yet Irma in human (which means her magic is weaker) https://imgur.com/7tKXVcz]could counter Elyon's water manipulation with her control over water despite being inferior so no. Stronger earth manipulation stopping her isn't the problem, Yua's magic is what's allowing it to resist as the scan states.
Again, nothing about this looks to be power null. We can easily argue this to be stronger water manip or magic. Nothing about this indicates power null
That wasn't my point. The context was Yua wanted to see if Will could free herself with her own magic to see if she had the capability to free her from her binds but Will couldn't and needed the Heart to escape. I provided those scans to show that Will admittedly can't do anything and just runs to get the others as her own magic is too inferior so she won't try to break the spell herself.
I'm going to assume you're using this scan again for this statement?
Yes, it literally states that freeing her is impossible, with the Oracle stating that there is a chance they can do it with their magic together with Obure (which is what they did).
Scans for this happening?
So you didn't read the scans I posted in my first previous post regarding them getting the new powers and Will? I'll do this from the top so I don't half to again as the reasoning is on there profiles so I shouldn't need to post scans but whatever.

The Heart of Kandrakar is what brings the most[URL] of the Guardians powers and their powers are effected by their bond as friends and [URL=https://imgur.com/ek8A8JL]unity but when they misuse their powers the Heart of Kandrakar can sense it and screws with their powers and bring them to the minimum. During the beginning of the New Power arc, the Oracle senses the threat of the Dark Mother, and sends Matt to steal the Guardians magic power (Will's being shown to be the Heart of Kandrakar). The Oracle then sent out the purest and strongest essence of those elements and the power that binds them (the Hearts energy) to the Guardians which transformed them into their new more powerful forms, with Will becoming the power that brings the others out to the fullest, she now links, strengthens, and completes them like the Heart did in the past which is a fact. This is all on her profile. I don't know what more to tell now, Will's magic literally derived from the Heart as she was the keeper of the Heart and when Matt took it, she lost all her magic. So let's go over the scaling chain again one last time.

Will's magic (Can nullify Irma and Cornelia's combined magic) < Yua's Magic (Directly shown to resistant to the Guardians magic, with them stating it is impossible for them to free her and the Oracle stating that they have a chance if they combined their magic with Obure which means their normal magic isn't enough) < Heart of Kandrakar (Literally stated to contain the strongest magic and purest in every virtue which already means it's above Will who only has a small amount and the Banshee's magic, and when adding Obure's power it made it even stronger with it citing who could resist it?) = New Power Will (Literally has the purest and strongest essence of the Heart inside her that transformed her into her new more powerful form, with her becoming the power that brings the others out to the fullest, she now links, strengthens, and completes them and is stated to be superior)

I didn't include Magical Sovereign because as I mentioned, the potency difference of her magic isn't gone into, she's just stronger. But even if you removed Yua from the scaling New Power Will is equal to the Heart which is stated to be superior to all magic and purest in every virtue, meaning it's power null would be superior to Will's.

Honestly I'm just done. I tired of going over what has already been accepted with scans on the profiles especially when this argument isn't even required as Twilight doesn't seem to have resistance to power nullification. It's reached the point were you are applying your own headcannon and ignoring my points and just continuesly asking for scans that are on the profile. And to top it off you go as far as to say "This is making us doubt a lot of your previous, current, and future statements" because I forgot what took place at one point in a story that I read over a year ago and isn't fresh in my because of other stuff I'm working on... that's crazy and let's me know I'm not going to convince you regardless of what I post and how blatant it is so I'm just going to close this as I've now just lost all interest in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back