• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WORSE STILL, Thor's best feat of strength came when he was "weakened", RIGHT AT THE END OF THE GAME ITSELF.

No, it isn't the case. There are many, many cases where it doesn't matter. Hades chief among them.
Or Zeus. That guy just claps back stronger just for getting slightly pinned down.

....Yes, you can kill someone you're comparable to if they're weakened. Do you think this is Dragon Ball where having slightly higher power makes you invulnerable to weaker blows?
LMAO

It's not.
So krato's axe can now stop thors regenaration? And only thors? Makes perfect sense
Only when you ignore the goddamn context behind the fight.

Nah bruh, that ain't it chief. That ain't how God of War works.
Common sense should still work on GoW even if we are talking about 2 mythology gods fighting and shaking realms as they do lol.
We don't give things abilities "cause hints". Prove it or move on. That simple.
I never said theres abilities? Actually if you ignore the whole spit thing that will give Kratos being able to stop regenaration on thor with 0 context.
2 possiblitys.
1- Kratos somehow ignores thors and only thors regenaration for no reason
2- Kratos's axe was covered in world serpents spit meaning it can stop thors regenaration since they fight all the time
If I hold back, no it isn't. And Kratos and Thor aren't that far apart at all.
I was talking about your own comment.
No, it isn't the case. There are many, many cases where it doesn't matter. Hades chief among them.
I see...
....Yes, you can kill someone you're comparable to if they're weakened. Do you think this is Dragon Ball where having slightly higher power makes you invulnerable to weaker blows?
You can't just kill someone that is stronger than you with 1 blow. In dragon ball if you have higher power you wouldn't die with a single hard blow

So krato's axe can now stop thors regenaration? And only thors? Makes perfect sense

Common sense should still work on GoW even if we are talking about 2 mythology gods fighting and shaking realms as they do lol.

I never said theres abilities? Actually if you ignore the whole spit thing that will give Kratos being able to stop regenaration on thor with 0 context.
Thor doesn't have regeneration to stop...

Thor never had regeneration, the hell are you talking about? He didn't heal from BoC or Draupnir.

Ah yes, the same verse where Gods getting wounded doesn't weaken them one bit but rather causes them to clap back tenfold stronger than their previous base. Seriously?

2 possiblitys.
1- Kratos somehow ignores thors and only thors regenaration for no reason
There is no possibility to argue this here. Thor being unable to heal from either BoC or Draupnir is a hard no against your claim.

2- Kratos's axe was covered in world serpents spit meaning it can stop thors regenaration since they fight all the time
Thor doesn't have regeneration at all, it's your claim that the Eitr poison spread like a virus all over when there's no proof of that. He legit doesn't heal from anything and it doesn't bother him in the least bit.

Thor never had regeneration, the hell are you talking about? He didn't heal from BoC or Draupnir.
Okay tf? Chill out
Ah yes, the same verse where Gods getting wounded doesn't weaken them one bit but rather causes them to clap back tenfold stronger than their previous base. Seriously?

There is no possibility to argue this here. Thor being unable to heal from either BoC or Draupnir is a hard no against your claim.

Thor doesn't have regeneration at all, it's your claim that the Eitr poison spread like a virus all over when there's no proof of that. He legit doesn't heal from anything and it doesn't bother him in the least bit.
Okay.

I'm gonna vote Freya since she'll probably restrain Thor with her vines then bonk him on the head a couple times

Last edited:
Tbh I don't even know why I followed this thread but it seems interesting so I'll keep watching it.
Uh.. what's the argument for each side?

Which is pretty sad tbh.
stay-out.gif

Tbh I don't even know why I followed this thread but it seems interesting so I'll keep watching it.
Uh.. what's the argument for each side?
Thor had considerable endurance to deadly injuries as shown in both his fights with Kratos and can boost his movement with lightning, alongside having Mjolnir to reinforce his blows. He can also induce paralysis with lightning strikes and get some very devastating blows in should Freya be caught up in it.

Freya has her skill as a warrior and Valkyrie Queen, as well as far greater versatility with her magic. She can also temporarily restrain Thor with vines before landing hits with her swords and can wield Bifrost to near mastery, allowing for her to potentially project blasts or warp and tear space-time with it. She can also use all the abilities of the Valkyries on top of this.

Hm. Hard choice.. I'm leaning torwards Freya ( due to more abilities which are seemingly each quite dangerous and thus wincons ) unless Thor can catch her with lightning, but I don't know how good she is at dodging stuff like that.

That debate with him has given me permanent brain damage.
poor KLOL sacrificing his psyche for God of War , on a serious note I've seen plenty good arguments for Thor = Kratos and Kratos>Thor on the internet , and not a single one for Thor>Kratos , and thats after surfing through quite literally hundreds of GOW threads all over the internet , that alone should tell you how ridiculous his position was ( he was implying Kratos shouldn't even scale to Thor's feats LOL )

poor KLOL sacrificing his psyche for God of War , on a serious note I've seen plenty good arguments for Thor = Kratos and Kratos>Thor on the internet , and not a single one for Thor>Kratos , and thats after surfing through quite literally hundreds of GOW threads all over the internet , that alone should tell you how ridiculous his position was ( he was implying Kratos shouldn't even scale to Thor's feats LOL )
Heck, even the notion of Kratos only having an edge because of Leviathan Axe is laughably ridiculous considering that Kratos literally states that you can't use the Axe if you're not of comparable or equal strength, never mind the fact that the Blades of Chaos are ridiculously stronger than both Leviathan and Mjolnir even in their most basic and rusted state, and even the BoC at its strongest is fodder to actual Olympian-tier weaponry like the Blade of Artemis, which in of itself doesn't mean much to Ares (Who is already the fourth strongest Olympian), let alone the Brother Kings.

Heck, even the notion of Kratos only having an edge because of Leviathan Axe is laughably ridiculous considering that Kratos literally states that you can't use the Axe if you're not of comparable or equal strength, never mind the fact that the Blades of Chaos are ridiculously stronger than both Leviathan and Mjolnir even in their most basic and rusted state, and even the BoC at its strongest is fodder to actual Olympian-tier weaponry like the Blade of Artemis, which in of itself doesn't mean much to Ares (Who is already the fourth strongest Olympian), let alone the Brother Kings.
Leviathan Axe and Mjolnir are literally made to be equals , how are they even gonna factor in 💀

Yeah all Thor really has going for him is that he's stronger and even then it's not that much of gap, if he's a 10 then Freya is like a 9.

She probably just eventually overwhelms him with her vast array of magic abilities, push comes to shove she can whip out mind manipulation like she did in the war between the aesir and vanir if she's struggling to put him down physically.

I'm not even sure that Thor is stronger than Freya, considering that she was stated twice to be equal to the same Kratos who overpowered Thor (once by Kratos himself), and she fought Odin in the past to the point where Mimir called her his deadliest enemy.

She also has a far larger arsenal and is more levelheaded.

Voting Freya.

Anyway, I vote Freya for her hax, versatility and just in general having more of her own stuff to overwhelm Thor, that and she's way more agile and has the battle prowess to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back