• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Free As Can Be (Stick Teddy vs Vann) [GRACE]

Let’s see how Vann does against this sound user. He usually starts with a straightforward approach. So since Teddy starts with a Mic Toss, he’ll just fly on past it and to crash into him.

Let’s see how Vann does against this sound user. He usually starts with a straightforward approach. So since Teddy starts with a Mic Toss, he’ll just fly on past it and to crash into him.
Regen should allow ST to quickly recover. From there he has some good options, and will likely use Shrill Scream to stun before using Rapping or Burning Mic Toss/Spiral.

Regen should allow ST to quickly recover. From there he has some good options, and will likely use Shrill Scream to stun before using Rapping or Burning Mic Toss/Spiral.
I guess a stun means Vann is just stuck moving for a few seconds. But if it’s brief enough, Vann should be able to turn around avoid the sound/mic and spin for a throw.

I guess a stun means Vann is just stuck moving for a few seconds. But if it’s brief enough, Vann should be able to turn around avoid the sound/mic and spin for a throw.
Burning Mic attacks are comparable to SMH's stuff and Vann has no heat resistance, so logically, it should only take one Spiral to incinerate Vann. Judging from his profile, Vann seems quite reckless, so I think ST has a good wincon here. ST is also a lot stronger in LS so he could potentially grapple with his mic and kill him that way.

Burning Mic attacks are comparable to SMH's stuff and Vann has no heat resistance, so logically, it should only take one Spiral to incinerate Vann. Judging from his profile, Vann seems quite reckless, so I think ST has a good wincon here. ST is also a lot stronger in LS so he could potentially grapple with his mic and kill him that way.
Yeah, lore tidbit, I imagine Cinner can fight Streak all out just fine but if he ever went against Loot or Vann he’d have to turn it down. I just don’t see them on that level. So ST can win if he gets a hit with that but Vann’s Hoverboard can block things like that like the gravity ball and Kernel’s rounds of blue light. Now that I think, maybe I just put heat resistance just for it like I did gravity manip. But Teddy would have to be extremely accurate since he’s still a moving target and able to block melee attacks well like Loot’s guitar and Fetter’s chains. Vann has his methods to overwhelm with Caught Ya! which could deal huge damage even with Teddy’s regen and Gasless Mode for quick attacks.

But Teddy would have to be extremely accurate since he’s still a moving target and able to block melee attacks well like Loot’s guitar and Fetter’s chains. Vann has his methods to overwhelm with Caught Ya! which could deal huge damage even with Teddy’s regen and Gasless Mode for quick attacks.
He has experience with moving targets, having once picked a fight with the entire DEF Gang. Caught Ya! would be asking for a Burning Mic Spiral to the face. Better yet, if he's hit by Caught Ya!, he could stun with Shrill Scream, making it almost guaranteed to hit a Burning Mic Spiral.

He has experience with moving targets, having once picked a fight with the entire DEF Gang. Caught Ya! would be asking for a Burning Mic Spiral to the face. Better yet, if he's hit by Caught Ya!, he could stun with Shrill Scream, making it almost guaranteed to hit a Burning Mic Spiral.
Still, Vann can block a trained sniper. Also I just noticed Shrill Scream is achieved by volume and not some status effect. Vann’s ability to take Red Blast which is ear shattering Danmaku should let him resist Shrill Scream on the second go and avoid the stun. But Caught Ya! could backfire if Teddy is smart enough to use Spiral there and while taking the damage.

Even if Vanny resists sound, the stun should still be there, if that's what you mean.
  • Shrill Scream: Stick Teddy screams, emitting a sound loud enough to damage and stun any opponent for a few seconds.
I thought you had to be damaged for the stun to work. Is there any reference point for it working on people who resist sound manipulation? The stun working seems like a major factor for Teddy’s win con.

Also Vann can deal damage with Trick Spin, ramming, and throws. He’s 1.8x stronger, so him spinning on Teddy’s face or dragging him across a building should deal some major harm even if he has solid regen. A good throw to the head could also knock him out. And Vann is proficient in melee combat using his board. Teddy doesn’t seem to have much defense which is one of Vann’s best qualities.

Last edited:
  • Shrill Scream: Stick Teddy screams, emitting a sound loud enough to damage and stun any opponent for a few seconds.
I thought you had to be damaged for the stun to work. Is there any reference point for it working on people who resist sound manipulation? The stun working seems like a major factor for Teddy’s win con.
Yeah, now that I look at this, sound resistance would probably negate the stun.
Also Vann can deal damage with Trick Spin, ramming, and throws. He’s 1.8x stronger, so him spinning on Teddy’s face or dragging him across a building should deal some major harm even if he has solid regen. A good throw to the head could also knock him out. And Vann is proficient in melee combat using his board. Teddy doesn’t seem to have much defense which is one of Vann’s best qualities.
Stick Teddy, being the dumbass he is, isn't a stranger to getting hit by a barrage of attacks and getting back up multiple times over. He gets brutally beat by Hyper Worm, who is 500 ft tall in the very first comic he appears in, and still gets back up. Even if Vanny from the hit game Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach has similar stamina feats, he can get incinerated by a single good hit from Burning Mic Spiral by ST. I think Stick Teddy's wincons are more likely here.

Yeah, now that I look at this, sound resistance would probably negate the stun.

Stick Teddy, being the dumbass he is, isn't a stranger to getting hit by a barrage of attacks and getting back up multiple times over. He gets brutally beat by Hyper Worm, who is 500 ft tall in the very first comic he appears in, and still gets back up. Even if Vanny from the hit game Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach has similar stamina feats, he can get incinerated by a single good hit from Burning Mic Spiral by ST. I think Stick Teddy's wincons are more likely here.
Can you please stop with the Vanny thing, the name is cute but it’s an overly long spiel. But yeah Teddy can definitely endure a lot but enough blows to the head should get him regardless of that with how the body works. Vann is built for mobility and defense which he can use to stop himself getting burned like how he completely avoided having to escape a Black Hole like Loot did by just riding over or getting shot by Kernel. Granted Teddy has range but catching Vann seems too big a hurdle for him to reasonably climb given Vann’s own skill and battle iq. Especially since his stun is resisted.

Last edited:
Can you please stop with the Vanny thing, the name is cute but it’s an overly long spiel.
That's the point of the name, but I'll stop.
But yeah Teddy can definitely endure a lot but enough blows to the head should get him regardless of that with how the body works.
It's not like he's just going to let Vann beat him up. He'll definitely retaliate with a faster attack. By this point he probably figures out sound attacks don't work, so he'd go for several Burning Mic Tosses.
Vann is built for mobility and defense which he can use to stop himself getting burned like how he completely avoided having to escape a Black Hole like Loot did by just riding over or getting shot by Kernel.
Vann does seem to have good defenses but that's seemingly all he has on ST. Sure, he has AP, but Regen and good Stamina help ST a lot with that, and heat damage (Burning Mic) ignores durability.
Granted Teddy has range but catching Vann seems too big a hurdle for him to reasonably climb given Vann’s own skill and battle iq. Especially since his stun is resisted.
Stick Teddy is used to facing off people who have better mobility and are more skilled than him. Vann doesn't even seem to outskill by a lot, if at all. Vann's combat feats seem to come from doing decent against skilled fighters, "decent" being the keyword as he is eliminated in the first round of the Supreme Tournament while Stick Teddy came out on top against Cabinbatake and Delta, both of which being more agile and physically stronger than he is.

That's the point of the name, but I'll stop.

It's not like he's just going to let Vann beat him up. He'll definitely retaliate with a faster attack. By this point he probably figures out sound attacks don't work, so he'd go for several Burning Mic Tosses.

Vann does seem to have good defenses but that's seemingly all he has on ST. Sure, he has AP, but Regen and good Stamina help ST a lot with that, and heat damage (Burning Mic) ignores durability.

Stick Teddy is used to facing off people who have better mobility and are more skilled than him. Vann doesn't even seem to outskill by a lot, if at all. Vann's combat feats seem to come from doing decent against skilled fighters, "decent" being the keyword as he is eliminated in the first round of the Supreme Tournament while Stick Teddy came out on top against Cabinbatake and Delta, both of which being more agile and physically stronger than he is.
Teddy can get past his defenses with Burning Mic but not the board’s which will always be in the way. Even when it runs out of gas after a few minutes, Vann can use it as a melee option or hits some spins with great momentum and speed. And it seems like Burning Mic will just pierce Vann instead of straight up killing him unless he can land a Spiral. It’ll deal damage but he has taken many beatings before and kept up. He recovered from being choked and slammed into Loot in about half a minute with how fast Streak arrived. Keep in mind he was slammed by a 7-B.

Teddy doesn’t have much of a counter for Vann flanking him even if he potentially can dura neg him. Vann isn’t just skilled with his board, he’s experienced against Ancient Giants with hax like summoning meteors and slowing time and pretty clever given the plan he just about immediately devised with Loot to deal damage to Fetter. Unless Teddy can immediately heal from everything he does including trauma that would surely linger even once his body heals, Vann has a good case for finishing him before being severely burned.

He proved a high diff challenge to Loot who almost beat a near finalist, beat trained sniper Kernel who could even nearly kill Cinner and was a high tier in the Supreme Tournament, and did well against someone a whole tier above him, granted with a partner. Sure he’s just about decent compared to the top tiers, but he was a mid tier in the tournament putting him above Captain Saw who was a highly experienced pirate and had his circular saw which he could precisely tear apart buildings with and Robbah who’s a skilled bomb user. And like mentioned earlier, he took down foes with centuries of combat experience alongside Loot. He’s deceptively capable despite his demeanor and simple fighting style.

Last edited:
Teddy can get past his defenses with Burning Mic but not the board’s which will always be in the way. Even when it runs out of gas after a few minutes, Vann can use it as a melee option or hits some spins with great momentum and speed. And it seems like Burning Mic will just pierce Vann instead of straight up killing him unless he can land a Spiral. It’ll deal damage but he has taken many beatings before and kept up. He recovered from being choked and slammed into Loot in about half a minute with how fast Streak arrived. Keep in mind he was slammed by a 7-B.

Teddy doesn’t have much of a counter for Vann flanking him even if he potentially can dura neg him. Vann isn’t just skilled with his board, he’s experienced against Ancient Giants with hax like summoning meteors and slowing time and pretty clever given the plan he just about immediately devised with Loot to deal damage to Fetter. Unless Teddy can immediately heal from everything he does including trauma that would surely linger even once his body heals, Vann has a good case for finishing him before being severely burned.

He proved a high diff challenge to Loot who almost beat a near finalist, beat trained sniper Kernel who could even nearly kill Cinner and was a high tier in the Supreme Tournament, and did well against someone a whole tier above him, granted with a partner. Sure he’s just about decent compared to the top tiers, but he was a mid tier in the tournament putting him above Captain Saw who was a highly experienced pirate and had his circular saw which he could precisely tear apart buildings with and Robbah who’s a skilled bomb user. And like mentioned earlier, he took down foes with centuries of combat experience alongside Loot. He’s deceptively capable despite his demeanor and simple fighting style.
Dang.

Subway Surfers FRA

Back