• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy Krueger and Book of The Dead Revision

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I forgot about this, but quite some time ago there was Prom's revisions for Freddy's necronomicon key and i listed powers from the canon of Evil Dead, this is the list:

Magic, Regenerationn (High-Mid; Regenerated from being almost reduced to ashes — The Evil Dead 2), Reality Warping (Is repeatedly implied to have this ability. Caused a Cabin to bleed, and form eyes), Sealing (Can seal Demons, Spirits, Souls, Dark Ones — Season 3 Episode 4 and 10 — and various other beings within its passages), Summoning (Self explanatory), Time Travel, Portal Creation, Earth Manipulation (When using the book, Ruby opened up sink holes), Biological Manipulation (Ruby created new forms of Demons using the Necronomicon), Necromancy (Has raised thousands of the dead), Resurrection (Resurrected Evil Ash, Its blood could reanimate Amanda Fisher as a Deadite. Resurrected hundreds, if not thousands, of people at the start of Ash vs Evil Dead), BFR (Can send both beings and objects to the Deadlands — Season 3 episode 6 — or "Hell" — Season 2 Episode 3), Power Nullification (Was able to nullify Baal's abilities through a deal made by Ruby), Transmutation (Gave the Kandarian Demon a physical form), Duplication (Duplicated Ash's body), Weather Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (The book can control Demons and the Dead. Ruby stated she would have control of the entire Deadite and Demon population), Soul Manipulation (Suppressed the Deadite within a person — Season 3 Episode 3 or 4), Can conceal its presence with spells (Season 3 Episode 9 and Season 2 episode 1), various other powers (Has thousands of other unexplored passages — some of which have been entirely removed — known to only Ruby, and possibly Raymond Knowby. Spells and passages can be changed or added)

The Range is also city wide because A) The thousands of people resurrected were the people within a city, and B) The sink holes it created were across a city area, as stated by the news report.

Edit: I forgot to mention in the OP, there's some reason 3 powers that would confer to freddy's necronomicon key.

Weakness: The Kandarian Dagger can bypass its apparent invulnerability.

Not really understanding the revision. Are you saying we should give him more powers of just modify some wording of his listed powers?

Add powers for the book of the dead, modify and add for Freddy.

Should be pretty straight foreward. Maybe link/gif the book doing those things? Or give the episode/timestamp when they happen for ease of checking.

Ok, i'll do so in a bit. But only for the new powers since the others were already agreed upon.

Seems alright with me as long as the show is canon with the movies.

It's canon, it's definitley canon.

In Episode 6 of Season 3 they reference and show a scene from Army of Darkness. In Season 1, they say that Ash hasn't been fighting evil for 30 years (Army of Darkness). They also reference a ton of times how Ash has gone back in time.

In Season 10 they go back to the Cabin and speak of events from the first movie, and reference Ash having beheaded and crushed Linda's skull in the Season 1 Finale.

Actually on this subject, should we combine the hub pages for NMoES, F13, and TED? Since we scale in between the series pretty heavily at this point.

Maybe F13 and NMoES because they're also in the same canon, but TED isn't canon to the other series within its own verse as Ash vs Evil Dead explains.

So it's canon to F13/NMoES but they aren't canon to TED? I've seen that happen sometimes with comic crossovers. Like Spawn/Batman being canon to Earth-31 Batman but non-canon to Spawn. But I do think we should merge F13 and NMoES at least. Since they scale off of each other so much.

Actually if you know the timestamps for the Evil Dead movies I can probably gif stuff for the claims in the Ash page. Like dodging his own boomstick.

Yeah, but at least they kept the general power scale of the series intact. I agree with that last part, and it works since the two series have the same canon.

If i recall (and i have good memory of the series), in Army of Darkness Ash was duplicated into tons of little clones. The clones obtained Boomstick and fired it, which Ash dodged. Though, if memory also serves Ash didn't really dodge it, more move while it fired away from him.

Edit: He actually did dodge it.

I can also find a few more claims, but, just to source some, the Deadite punching through a metal table happened in Season 3 episode 2 "Booth Three" when Ash goes to the Sperm Bank.

Edit 2: Here's also an RT.

Gif of the dodge. May have to go frame by frame to see if he moved right before we see the bullet impact. Maybe one of us should contact a mod or something considering this isn't getting a lot of attention.

I think there's someone else to contact. Kramer is a supporter of the verse.

Meskoot did a RT with his feats in the FvJvA stuff here. I'll edit in the metal table punch feat here when I get the chance. Just PM/Message me for the other stuff when you remember/can't find them.

EDIT: And here's the table punch

Ok. Some of that stuff though is in the RT. Speaking of some of the feats, a few are kind of wrong on the profile, so i'll fix them.

The Metal Table feat is from canon though.

Jason couldn't be stopped by that Revenant form alone.

I forgot to mention this, but i think ash should get a Class 1 lifting strength upgrade. He's overpowered many Deadites with strength to rip people's organs, limbs, heads, etc out/off. He actually fought an unknown type of Demon in Season 3 that easily tore off a person's head to the point where their entire spine came out, and he wasn't overpowered, though he was beaten.

Here's the gif of the Kandarian Demon tree split and Ash holding the door against it . Also if you didn't notice I added the metal table punch gif in my last response. Should note that I'll get fullscreen versions of the feats later when I have some free time.

> I forgot to mention this, but i think ash should get a Class 1 lifting strength upgrade. He's overpowered many Deadites with strength to rip people's organs, limbs, heads, etc out/off. He actually fought an unknown type of Demon in Season 3 that easily tore off a person's head to the point where their entire spine came out, and he wasn't overpowered, though he was beaten.

I'm fine with that. I also think it works out scaling wise since Jason is Class 5 and to my memory he always overpowered Ash whenever it came to brute strength

> Jason couldn't be stopped by that Revenant form alone.

It's hard to say. Kay-Em blasted Jason with hundreds and hundreds of bullets until his body was basically falling apart. So he handled it well for awhile but was eventually overtaxed. Its not like his Cyborg form which just no selled them On the other hand Ash's boomstick just blasted a hole in his torso. So TL;DR Boomstick > Future Moon Busting guns. Time to get everyone to moon level

Oh, thank you, i'll be sure to add them.

It does make sense with the scaling of the verses, especially since Ash can in turn overpower Freddy who has superhuman lifting feats himself.

The Boomstick is thereby one of the most powerful weapons in fiction.

Thinking about it, this weird Horror Triverse has a pretty decent amount of strong Wall level or better people. And a lot of hax stuff.

Especially the space movies, which have lightsaber stuff and massive ships with powerful weapons, like in Leprechaun 4, and Hellraser in Space.

Pinhead gets like, an absurd durability feat in his space movie. He casually no sells plasma bolts that can melt future space metal. Dunno about Leprechaun 4 though.

For the F13/TED/NMoES stuff all the Deadites are Wall level or better, Future Earth can mass produce Androids that are superior to a EoS Zombie Jason, Ash is solid, Freddy exist with his dream shennigans, Tina is wall level (or better), and the Necronomican has a ton of abilites. Finally there's Uber-Jason who seems weirdly tanky for his tier.

You forgot to add his gun dodge. Also going frame by frame it does look like he moved before the bullet hit the wall so it should be good to use.

Yeah, they have very powerful feats. Deadites are pretty consistently wall level, though they share almost all slasher problems: Vulnerability to sharp objects.

We were still discussing that, so i didn't add it. But now it's been confirmed, i will

I can make like, a big image in a similar vein to this one if you want more confirmation. But from my view he dodged after it fired and it should be close enough for it to be in the super sonic reaction range.

It's fine, you don't have to, i saw him dodging in the same place as the bullet fired.

We agreed in a Freddy thread to also be on Freddy's, i can't remember why though.

It can also manipulate Demons, not just the dead.

The powers would be added to the Necronomicon and Freddy when he absorbed the Necronomicon and gained all of its powers.

Oh, i thought he was talking about the reason for the powers being in a non canon story.

Unless I'm getting this wrong, canon would be a one way deal. Basically what's canon to TED (at least pre-Ash vs Evil Dead) is canon to F13/NMoES, but the reverse isn't true. It's sorta like how Marvel's Gladiator is canon to Image's Supreme, but Supreme is not canon to Marvel.

I believe that is the case, as he's referenced those other stories in the crossover, as well as the events of TED, 2, and AoD.

Back