• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frankenstein: Possible speed upgrade.

As I read through the book I found something interesting when Frankenstein comfronts the monster after he kills Elizabeth. On page 242 on this link https://www.planetebook.com/free-ebooks/frankenstein.pdf it reads

"I rushed towards the window, and drawing a pistol from my bosom, fired; but he eluded me, leaped from his station, and running with the swiftness of lightning, plunged into the lake."

It's a similar way that Frankenstein previously described the Monster as faster than eagle (page 179 on the link). I think this could significantly improve the Monster's speed on this site.

Perhaps "At least subsonic combat speed" then?

I read the article and I don't really agree with it. To be honest I'm not sure he was being metaphorical since he did see the eagels flying on the way so he could judge the speed pretty well. The monster being chased by Frankenstein may have been an oversight in Mary Shelley's case.

If the flight of eagle speed is taken literally then taking the description of "running with the swiftness of lightninng" may be also so that could put him at massively hypersonic but him dodging a bullet would definitely put him at supersonic.

I suggest that with all the evidence gathered here that his speed should be changed from "subsonic" to "at least subsonic, with supersonic reactions".

Back