• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four or more dimensions of spce

Characters that exist in more than three dimensions of space do exist, but what exactly are their properties? Are they to us what we are to a two dimensional being? As in, capable of passing through seemingly solid objects? What kind of abilities could they have? Are they even eligible for a fight against beings existing in three or fewer dimensions of space?

1) Yes, 4-D characters can easily defeat 3-D characters due to being literally infinitely more powerful.

2) Not sure about the passing through solid objects thing, but I sort of doubt it.

3) Nothing particularly special comes out of being 4-D aside from being more powerful, but characters tend to start getting really haxed around this time.

4) No. Threads that pit Tier 2s against Tier 3s and below will be instantly closed since it won't even be a fight.

Reppuzan said:
1) Yes, 4-D characters can easily defeat 3-D characters due to being literally infinitely more powerful.
2) Not sure about the passing through solid objects thing, but I sort of doubt it.

3) Nothing particularly special comes out of being 4-D aside from being more powerful, but characters tend to start getting really haxed around this time.

4) No. Threads that pit Tier 2s against Tier 3s and below will be instantly closed since it won't even be a fight.
I was talking about literally four dimensions of space. You know how if you draw a wall in two dimensions you can easily "pass" it in three, because you haven't created a wall stopping you from going "in"? What's to say a four dimensional being couldn't simply bypass barriers in three dimensions, due to there being nothing in "front" of it in four? Or seemingly vanish by stepping in a direction in four dimensions?

Honestly, I'm just brainstorming powers here as well as asking about dimensional powers.

I'm not sure an extradimensional character can be considered necessarily above tiers 2. It just give theorically infinite mass and the ability to move on more than the regular 3 axis, basically like in Flatland. A basic 4th dimension characther will be more like a low tiers with some hax abilities :

1) Ability to disappear from universe at will (moving on the 4th axis), and so can escape from a hermetic room without breaking walls. Can also potentially drag objects outside the reality with him.

2) Can see everything from "outside universe perspective", much stronger than an X-Ray vision

3) Infinite mass mean invulnerability to any kinectic attacks and potentially any physical reactions

4) Infinite force, so bypass any durability, even what may be considered as "indestrutible" in reality

So yeah, tiers below High 2-A wouldn't harm him... yet, 4th dimensions don't give the ability to move faster or manipulate space, so he would probably never touch FTL characters beside sneaky attacks from outside universe (unpredictable without higher dimensions awareness or some strong precognitions), or destroy large targets like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It will be more a stalemate, with a theorically win for the 4th dimension character if the battle last indefinitely.

At the same time, even low tiers could beat him if they have some strong durability negation. Potentially, a death curse like the Avada Kedavra from Voldemort should one-shot him.

@Nakaos

I'm not sure if it works like that. Very few works of fiction take stuff like that into account.

Er, pretty sure that 99% of fiction that uses actual dimensions known how it would relate to 3D. So that you can just "step out" of the 3D axis.

Back