• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Force User Striking Strength stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've recently noticed how all the Force users have had their striking strengths updated to star level or multi continental. What is the basis of this upgrade as it makes no sense whatsoever. This would mean the B2 Battle Droids that Mace Windu fought in the Clone Wars cartoon are star level in durability.

So can someone please explain this to me?

Because if their striking strength was so pathetic compared to their Force abilities why would they even bother with physical combat?

But that means that all the physical fights they have outside other force users are PIS

In addition, Force Amplification/Force Valor allows Jedi and Sith to bolster their physical abilities with their mastery of the Force. Greater strength in the Force = Greater Physical Strength.

The Everlasting said:
Drellix said:
But that means that all the physical fights they have outside other force users are PIS
Uh, no?
No? Then explain why Jedi needed an army of Clones when they could have physically bested the Droid armies by themselves. Lets not forget all the skirmishes they had with any other characters, such as Cad Bane, Durge, Pre Vizla, Maul fighting the Wampa (which the book stated he was seriously fighting for his life).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-imbued_blade

Before Lightsabers were invented, the ancient Force-sensitives used these as weapons. Regular weapons through which they channeled their Force-powers.

It was only after Lightsabers were invented that non Force-sensitives started using these types of weapons. And the power of a Lightsaber is proportional to one's power in the Force. See Darth Sidious' Lightsaber which is described as a Dark Side nexus due to the sheer amount of Force that flows through it.

So yes, Jedi and Sith can definitely amplify their strength.

Show me an actual instance where a Jedi is inconvenienced by a droid physically.

Durge is High 6-A and I'm pretty sure Pre Vizla is too.

Matthew Schroeder said:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-imbued_blade
Before Lightsabers were invented, the ancient Force-sensitives used these as weapons. Regular weapons through which they channeled their Force-powers.

It was only after Lightsabers were invented that non Force-sensitives started using these types of weapons. And the power of a Lightsaber is proportional to one's power in the Force. See Darth Sidious' Lightsaber which is described as a Dark Side nexus due to the sheer amount of Force that flows through it.

So yes, Jedi and Sith can definitely amplify their strength.
Never said they can't amplify it.

@Drellix

Generally because authors can't do math and don't understand the magnitude of their in-story statements, as is with 99% of verses.

The Everlasting said:
Show me an actual instance where a Jedi is inconvenienced by a droid physically.
Durge is High 6-A and I'm pretty sure Pre Vizla is too.
Can't think of any off the top of my head.

How is that possible? Are Wampa's 6-A now too, because Maul had a very difficult time with one.

Some are PIS and others are not. You can't blanketly say that every Jedi vs. non Force Sensitive is PIS.

You need to actually analyze the character and see if it makes sense for them to scale.

Durge, for instance, repeatedly fights Obi-Wan, Anakin and Grievous, so him scaling is fine.

The Everlasting said:
Some are PIS and others are not. You can't blanketly say that every Jedi vs. non Force Sensitive is PIS.
You need to actually analyze the character and see if it makes sense for them to scale.

Durge, for instance, repeatedly fights Obi-Wan, Anakin and Grievous, so him scaling is fine.
Did you just completely ignore what I said?

I also kinda have a problem with some of them having identical striking strength to their AP. As far as I know, while Force barriers are commonly used against energy attacks, they're never used against physical strikes. Jedi and Sith certainly have striking strength that is definitely superhuman, but I wouldn't say they have the power to frag the Earth's surface with a punch like they're Saitama

@Sheev

Like we've said, it's a case of authors not understanding the magnitude of the feats they're giving their characters.

If Lightsaber combat was so much weaker than the use of their Force powers, then there would be no point in engaging in Lightsaber combat.

Reppuzan said:
@Sheev

Like we've said, it's a case of authors not understanding the magnitude of the feats they're giving their characters.

If Lightsaber combat was so much weaker than the use of their Force powers, then there would be no point in engaging in Lightsaber combat.
I'm pretty sure anyone giving their character a surface-glassing feat knows full well how busted such a thing is. They might not know the AP down to the last joule, but they certainly can comprehend the magnitude and power. And as I said, Jedi could still find lightsabers useful if a Force barrier isn't tooled for use against someone swinging a lightsaber like a Louisville slugger. In addition, lightsabers present less risk of collateral damage compared to going all-out in a Force duel, and Jedi would much rather not cause buildings to crumble every time they met an acoylte of the Dark Side. In addition, lightsabers take less training to block energy attacks with than The Force. In canon and Legends, we more often than not see Jedi of even Council level blocking lightning and blasters with a lightsaber instead of barriers and tutaminis. And in Legends, bounty hunters often used flamethrowers in battle against Jedi because it was established that most Jedi weren't able to reliably use tutaminis in combat situations.

Just because a character has planet level Striking Strength does not mean they have the ability to blow up a planet with with a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back