• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

For black winter

Thor (2020) +
Marvel Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic
In the series, it was stated and also implied that Black Winter is the concept of all death itself, in the Defenders Beyond series, it is stated implicitly that the mentioned concept exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos. This means that Black Winter exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos. Like everyone else, I once had it. I thought it came from Anti All, but this became clear with the Defenders Beyond series.

Marvel writers (especially Al Ewing) sometimes do not directly state such issues, they convey them to the reader by implying. Al Ewing also states this, he leaves clues because he wants the reader to notice and interpret such situations, and since it is strongly implied that Black Winter exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos in the Defenders Beyond series. And since there is no reason to ignore it, we have to accept it

As far as I remember, it was stated on the Galactus or Thor page that the concept of Black Winter/All Death would exist with the death of the 2nd Cosmos (in the mentioned series and in the scans I sent, this is something that the wiki has already accepted).
But vague implications and implicit statements that sound similar to something else sounds too much like back when our members have wanted to scale any mention of the word "oblivion" from the character Oblivion, and any mention of the word infinity from the character Infinity, and similar.

As such, I truly do not find the extremely loose evidence that I have seen here so far compelling at all. My apologies.

@Deagonx @Elizio33 @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Firestorm808

What do you think about this?

But vague implications and implicit statements that sound similar to something else sounds too much like back when our members have wanted to scale any mention of the word "oblivion" from the character Oblivion, and any mention of the word infinity from the character Infinity, and similar.

As such, I truly do not find the extremely loose evidence that I have seen here so far compelling at all. My apologies.

@Deagonx @Elizio33 @Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @Firestorm808

If the evidence mentioned was as loose as you claim, be sure that this title would not be accepted, I do not want to repeat the same things, because the evidence mentioned is loose only according to you, and you say similar, but you do not explain what the similar looks like under the similar, rather than black winter. Cutting it out will not help this issue. If you want him not to have a profile, argue with more logical arguments because no one denies this system of the writers but you.

You are talking about Oblivion, but you also forget that Black Winter is the only character in the Marvel universe that comes together with the concept of all death.

I meant that unless it is clear what is intended, we cannot state it as a definitive fact and officially state an age and nature for the black winter. That is all. I am not rejecting your entire revision.

@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepmeThree @Ehnkr2beboh @Elizio33 @MarvelFanatic119 @Catzlaflame @Lightning_XXI @Deagonx @Vasco @Eseseso @LuciferX @Excel616 @Immortalgodd @LephyrTheRevanchist @ByAsura @Emirp sumitpo @Quantu @IdiosyncraticLawyer @PrinceofPein @Lonkitt @LordTracer @ProfectusInfinity @M3X_2.0 @Maverick_Zero_X @Dark-Carioca @ObberGobb

Personally, I disagree with Void Manipulation, his Abstract Existence seems more like Type 1 than 2 (as he is a literal concept), and his age should probably be something along the lines of "Irrelevant" since he's older than a couple multiverses, but the rest is good.

Thank you for helping out. I am very uncertain regarding the justification for his age though.

Personally, I disagree with Void Manipulation, his Abstract Existence seems more like Type 1 than 2 (as he is a literal concept), and his age should probably be something along the lines of "Irrelevant" since he's older than a couple multiverses, but the rest is good.
Can I ask why you don't accept void manip?

I mean that it has not been stated outright that he was created after the end of the second cosmos, as far as I am aware.

I mean that it has not been stated outright that he was created after the end of the second cosmos, as far as I am aware.
For this topic, I told you about the writers' working system, that is, they show the events to the reader through insinuations, not directly.

The justification doesn't seem to indicate anything void related, it just says he destroyed the 6th cosmos.
What was meant by destruction was to turn the cosmos into a huge black nothing, at least that's what Galactus states.

Hmm. Was The Black Winter heavily implied to be one of the larger shards of the entity of darkness and nothingness that fought Lifebringer One in the third cosmos? I think that some of the shards had symbols on them representing different void entities.

If so, I think that we can interpret TBW as likely originating from the point that the third cosmos ended, just as it was heavily implied that the entity who was "all there is" and committed suicide, which was stated as the origin of the Infinity Gems within Jim Starlin's early 1990s comic books, was the second cosmos.

Hmm. Was The Black Winter heavily implied to be one of the larger shards of the entity of darkness and nothingness that fought Lifebringer One in the third cosmos? I think that some of the shards had symbols on them representing different void entities.

If so, I think that we can interpret TBW as likely originating from the point that the third cosmos ended, just as it was heavily implied that the entity who was "all there is" and committed suicide, which was stated as the origin of the Infinity Gems within Jim Starlin's early 1990s comic books, was the second cosmos.
Yes, I remember there are symbols, I think I need to look at the def series for this.

Thank you. It would make sense if The Black Winter is one of the larger pieces, and Knull is a tiny piece, for example.

Thank you. It would make sense if The Black Winter is one of the larger pieces, and Knull is a tiny piece, for example.
I agree with you on this issue, I think the description of this and the void manip part should be changed and this topic should be closed.

Well, just because I think that it would make sense doesn't mean that we have been given conclusive evidence, but if it has been strongly hinted, maybe we can use the word "Possibly" before his listed age in our wiki?

Back