• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

For black winter

Okay, I've looked over the sandbox and it looks mostly fine to me. However, I do have a question, where exactly is it stated that the Black Winter is above Mistress Death? None of the scans you have in there imply any real relation between the two.

Edit: Oh and I'm not sure why it killing Yggdrasil would be fate manipulation instead of death manipulation which is noticeably absent from the profile.

Edit: Oh and I'm not sure why it killing Yggdrasil would be fate manipulation instead of death manipulation which is noticeably absent from the profile.
The base premise is that Black Winter's presence was destroying Yggdrasil's fate cycle, but now that you mention it, that would indeed just be death manipulation. I'm not sure if it's necessarily resistance to fate manipulation either, since the fate cycle breaking down was more of a byproduct of the construct holding it withering away.

Okay, I've looked over the sandbox and it looks mostly fine to me. However, I do have a question, where exactly is it stated that the Black Winter is above Mistress Death? None of the scans you have in there imply any real relation between the two.

misterss death is a function of 8th cosmos multi Eternity, and black winter came from the outside, beyond 8th cosmos multi Eternity, and black winter is the concept of all death itself, and black winter is a threat that can destroy it for 8th cosmos multi Eternity. In this case, we can understand that Black Winter is independent and transcendent from Mistress Death. When it comes to Yggdrasil, Yggdrasil contains an endless cycle of fate (Ragnarok cycle) within itself, and since Black Winter only came to the 8th Cosmos, Yggdrasil started to die and disappear. If Thor had not destroyed almost all of it, it would have disappeared along with the endless cycle of fate within Yggdrasil. In this case, fate manipulation makes more sense for Black Winter

misterss death is a function of 8th cosmos multi Eternity, and black winter came from the outside, beyond 8th cosmos multi Eternity, and black winter is the concept of all death itself, and black winter is a threat that can destroy it for 8th cosmos multi Eternity. In this case, we can understand that Black Winter is independent and transcendent from Mistress Death. When it comes to Yggdrasil, Yggdrasil contains an endless cycle of fate (Ragnarok cycle) within itself, and since Black Winter only came to the 8th Cosmos, Yggdrasil started to die and disappear. If Thor had not destroyed almost all of it, it would have disappeared along with the endless cycle of fate within Yggdrasil. In this case, fate manipulation makes more sense for Black Winter
By the way, I forgot to mention that besides all these, there is a conceptual transcendence between Black Winter and Misterss Death.

Wait a little. Why does the Black Winter's intelligence section say that it has lived since the 2nd cosmos? Where was that stated?

Also some of the spelling and grammar apparently needs to be cleaned up.
I'm sorry, I lost my mind for a moment. With the death of the 2th cosmos, Black Winter is born, it's my fault.

I'm sorry, I lost my mind for a moment. With the death of the 2th cosmos, Black Winter is born, it's my fault.
It's probably because I was distracted for a moment. By the way, which parts do you think need to be cleaned?

Really? Was that explicitly shown?

I thought that Oblivion would be the new anti-all, with fractions of him being manifestations of it, including the Black Winter and Mikaboshi.

Okay. Can you link to them here please? 🙏

Also, what other current characters were explicitly shown to be shards of that entity?

Okay, but where in those scans is the explicit evidence? Was it shOwn in another story, such as the final issue of Al Ewing's first Defenders miniseries?

Okay, but where in those scans is the explicit evidence? Was it shOwn in another story, such as the final issue of Al Ewing's first Defenders miniseries?
In the scans, it is said/implied that the death of the 2nd Cosmos and the concept of all death exist, and it is stubbornly stated/implied that Black Winter is the concept in question Also, things don't work like that in the Marvel universe. We cannot directly look for concrete evidence, especially on such matters, even if we wanted to. Because the authors explain such things by giving clues and hints for the reader to notice and interpret, Ewingde has already stated this, so their working system is like this and this cannot be a reason to reject the nature of Black Winter.

In the scans, it is said/implied that the death of the 2nd Cosmos and the concept of all death exist, and it is stubbornly stated/implied that Black Winter is the concept in question Also, things don't work like that in the Marvel universe. We cannot directly look for concrete evidence, especially on such matters, even if we wanted to. Because the authors explain such things by giving clues and hints for the reader to notice and interpret, Ewingde has already stated this, so their working system is like this and this cannot be a reason to reject the nature of Black Winter.
The scans are from the Defenders Beyond and Thor (2020) series, I recommend you to visit the references section in the profile

So if I understand correctly, your interpretation is solely based on that both scans used the same word, "all-death"? That seems far too vague in itself to use to base the interpretation that the Black Winter has been around since the 2nd Cosmos.

So if I understand correctly, your interpretation is solely based on that both scans used the same word, "all-death"? That seems far too vague in itself to use to base the interpretation that the Black Winter has been around since the 2nd Cosmos.
Sigh* I don't understand why you distort my words or ignore some of my words.
The authors stated that Black Winter is the concept of all death in the mentioned series, and we also know that the concept of all death exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos, so I think it should not be difficult to understand this, and I also told you about the authors' system, so there is no ambiguity here.

Just because somebody uses a similar desçription, this does not automaticaĺly make them identical. I do not accept this interpretation without further evidence. My apologies.

Just because somebody uses a similar desçription, this does not automaticaĺly make them identical. I do not accept this interpretation without further evidence. My apologies.
The person you are trying to gloss over by saying (someone) is the authors of the mentioned series, and you are also talking about a similar statement. There is no such thing. The authors have stated that Black Winter is of the concept of all death itself in the mentioned series. The scans I send ıt already show this.

I'm sorry that your attitude of ignoring and looking for excuses here does not suit you or your authority.

Please explain all of the available evidence for this, including author statements.
Thor (2020) +
Marvel Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic
In the series, it was stated and also implied that Black Winter is the concept of all death itself, in the Defenders Beyond series, it is stated implicitly that the mentioned concept exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos. This means that Black Winter exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos. Like everyone else, I once had it. I thought it came from Anti All, but this became clear with the Defenders Beyond series.

Marvel writers (especially Al Ewing) sometimes do not directly state such issues, they convey them to the reader by implying. Al Ewing also states this, he leaves clues because he wants the reader to notice and interpret such situations, and since it is strongly implied that Black Winter exists with the death of the 2nd Cosmos in the Defenders Beyond series. And since there is no reason to ignore it, we have to accept it

As far as I remember, it was stated on the Galactus or Thor page that the concept of Black Winter/All Death would exist with the death of the 2nd Cosmos (in the mentioned series and in the scans I sent, this is something that the wiki has already accepted).

Back