• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fish vs Tomato

It seems like SCP-504 needs a poor attempt at humour for it to accelerate. Supposing it CANNOT move, whether it wants to or not, without the presence of such humour, it would be effectively inanimate here; I haven't known Magikarp to make jokes.

SBA states that both combatants are willing to kill. SCP-504's durability is Below Average Human.

Magikarp Tackles the tomato to the ground, & reduces it to a red paste, & maybe gets some fluid from this.

Not sure if stomp.

I'm aware. Admittedly, tomatos don't do well in deserts, but they do better than most fish, yes. At least, within the short term. Within the long term, I'm not sure how well you could grow a tomato in a desert.

Nonetheless, Magikarp is shown to be able to flop about on land. If we take the mobile game Magikarp Jump as canon, it's fairly capable of jumping while on land. And if it can jump, it can certainly Tackle. Especially against a Tomato.

Also:

Standard Equipment: Berry (Heals Magikarp a little if eaten)

Might help Magikarp's Stamina.

And its Stamina is rather reputable to begin with:

Stamina: Surprisingly high for its status. Noted to be relatively hardy due to its hold on life.

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/magikarp

Magikarp is virtually useless in battle as it can only splash around. As a result, it is considered to be weak. However, it is actually a very hardy Pokémon that can survive in any body of water no matter how polluted it is.

Thanks to their strong hold on life, dirty water doesn't bother them at all. They live in waters all over the world!

Admittedly, this is mostly related to it living in water, but we have shown evidence it can survive & perform well outside of it & even in very bad water.

SBA would say that combatants start at the maximum distance of either side's range. Going off of this:

Range: Below standard melee range (Is .9 meters. Standard melee range begins at 1 meter). Likely up to hundreds of meters with Hydro Pump.
I suppose you could say Magikarp would have to cross hundreds of meters to reach the tomato plant, but....

Speed: Transonic (Via powerscaling. Despite its fodder status, it can still react to sound based moves like Growl)

Power scaling speed kinda throws a wrench in the distance angle.

Unless that DOESN'T apply to Magikarp's Movement/Travel Speed (In which case, I think the profile needs ratings for those types of speeds.), Magikarp would be moving at Transonic Speeds.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed

A minimum of 308.7 meters per second.

So even if we used the possibility of Hydro Pump to put them 999 meters apart ("Hundreds of meters"), bare minimum Transonic speed can still cross that in about 3 point 3 seconds.

If we use the maximum distance supported by SBA, of 4 kilometers, it would take Magikarp, moving at minimum Transonic Speed, just under 13 seconds to reach the tomato plant.

The plant winning depends on Magikarp either:

A.
Making an attempt at humour that is both audible and bad.

Sure 504's ability recognizes any language, so it might understand jokes spoken in Pokemon language, but given Magikarp's animalistic intelligence and that it's intent on defeating SCP-504, I doubt it'll be making any

B. Hoping that Magikarp air drowns/dehydrates before it can kill 504.

As detailed above, given the only speed value on Magikarp's profile (Albeit, one based on reactions.), the greatest distance SBA supports would still only take Magikarp at most, 13 seconds to cross.

With a strong enough Magikarp (Some are 9-B & SBA says strongest canon version of characters), a single Tackle kills the Tomato. At the very least, Magikarp could probably remove it from the vine & squash it.

Range might also be slightly less of an issue if moves like Dragon Rage are an option.

I think Magikarp, once within range of the plant, would be able to Tackle or remove the tomato from the vine and crush it with its body weight, within 17 seconds, maybe less. Given what is 3 to 13 seconds of travel time, maybe less....

I'd think Magikarp could get the kill within a minute, & from what I've seen in canon, I don't think that Magikarp would dehydrate/air drown that quickly.

Doesn't the tomato just game end itself once a joke is told tho?

Alright, so;

Magikarp weighs 22 pounds according to the Pokedex, or 10 kilograms. Considering that common carp weigh anywhere from 4 to 31 pounds, this number is pretty safe.

Magikarp's tier varies, but really, a proper attack isn't happening here. What will happen, is Magikarp tosses itself on top of the tomato!

So the question is, can 22 pounds of weight crush a tomato? The answer is, yes. A tomato weighs only 62 grams, on average, and is squishy, not durable. So, no matter what tier the Magikarp is, if it lands on top of the tomato, it will crush it.

Thus, I vote Magikarp.

Also, we should do Sans vs a pile of mature and premature SCP-504.

I stand corrected. Sincerely, I thank you. :) Tomatoes can/do do well in deserts. But, no offense, does that really impact the outcome, given Magikarp's side?

Also, just to be sure, we are all confident that Magikarp CAN last long enough to kill the tomato before Magikarp air drowns/suffocates in this non-descript desert, right?

Especially given starting distance might put them hundreds of meters away due to SBA plus Hydro Pump's range?

Back