• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire vs Fists (Plumber vs Airbu) [GRACE]

Airbu starts by boasting about his martial arts style, the Plague Master Superior Fist, and then taking a stance which leaves little opening to a straight forward attack

Last edited:
Airbu is able to see the tank, so it’s logical of him to expect that the first move will be a shot from the cannon. Unless it hits him instantly, he should be able to jump and roll out of the way, but he’ll have to make the move pretty much instantly as well (though he is able to cross a ten-meter ish distance in what feels like an instant, so it may be easier than that).

He may be cocky, but he's still a great martial artist. Assuming he does manage a dodge, he's going to try and force Plumber off the tank with a quick jump move trough the air and attempting to land a 'Plague Kick', the intent being to not only knock him out of the tank but also shatter all the bones in his hip area.

He may be cocky, but he's still a great martial artist. Assuming he does manage a dodge, he's going to try and force Plumber off the tank with a quick jump move trough the air and attempting to land a 'Plague Kick', the intent being to not only knock him out of the tank but also shatter all the bones in his hip area.
Considering other JDC characters were capable of dodging Fleetway's lasers, I'm sure he could react to that. Even if Airbu was able to land the Plague Kick, it wouldn't "shatter all the bones in his hip area" because the AP gap isn't big enough.

Considering other JDC characters were capable of dodging Fleetway's lasers, I'm sure he could react to that. Even if Airbu was able to land the Plague Kick, it wouldn't "shatter all the bones in his hip area" because the AP gap isn't big enough.
It’s not entirely a matter of AP, a lot of it comes from the pure technique and timing into the kick allowing him to do more damage. His martial arts form when kicking, even through the air, is specifically meant to break bones

But if he does just dodge it, Airbu will get frustrated and stay close enough for plumber to be unable to hit him with anymore cannon shots

Airbu has seen fire be used offensively before (having seen matches from Akari), so he may have a plan of attack/defense depending on how plumber fights

That said, in what way does he wield the fire?

Given that Akari uses fire in a similar way, and Airbu has watched him fight a few times, someone using flames from their hands like beams isn't too foreign for Airbu.

It does create complications in his fighting style though, since it consists of pretty much only close-range martial arts moves. If he can find an opening he'll go for his Inferiority Breaking Barrage to use shock-waves and shatter the bones, given that his Plague Kick seems incapable of doing so

That may be a problem with Plumbers superior range and acrobatics, what can Airbu do to force himself in?

He's gonna start getting really angry if he struggles to hit Plumber for a minute time or more, which would cause him to try to use brute force, likely leading to being harmed by fire. Before then, Airbu could shatter the ground below him into rocks, and his ability to make shock waves to blast them forward as a distraction while he approaches.

He's certainly not above playing dirty, either. Given that this is taking place in a city, Airbu will make use of any alley or anything around him to hide and try to just break Plumber's spine when an opening appears, or he'll go for something like his Hellish Murder Chop

Yeah I don’t see Plumber’s skill overtaking Airbu here enough to avoid all his strategies. The Rick distraction and alleys could for sure catch him for fatal damage.

I see that Plumber doesn't have Enhanced Senses or Extrasensory either, so Airbu hiding and bidding time for an opening is a pretty viable strategy, even if it is a dirty one in the context of martial arts, but that's just who he is

break Plumber's spine when an opening appears,
Chill out dude. The AP gap isn't big enough for breaking bones in one hit.
I see that Plumber doesn't have Enhanced Senses or Extrasensory either, so Airbu hiding and bidding time for an opening is a pretty viable strategy, even if it is a dirty one in the context of martial arts, but that's just who he is
I doesn't take either of those to find someone hiding in an alleyway.

I don't see Airbu brute-forcing his way through 1100° C. Pretty sure he gets melted if he tries.

Chill out dude. The AP gap isn't big enough for breaking bones in one hit.
Airbu’s whole technique involves doing this to similar strength enemies, it’s martial arts. And even if that doesn’t work, the Inferiority Breaking Barrage is a durability negation technique that would break bones anyway

I doesn't take either of those to find someone hiding in an alleyway.
I didn’t explicitly say this was his only option. He can hide anywhere, it’s a big city, and even with no people I'm sure there’s lots of empty cars or trucks around. Hell, he could drop in from a high up building if he wanted (not that it would be guaranteed success)

I don't see Airbu brute-forcing his way through 1100° C. Pretty sure he gets melted if he tries.
I will give you this though, that’s exactly what would happen to Airbu, which is also why he’s adopting this ‘hide and seek’ approach

This just seems like Plumber being beaten out by Airbu’s cunning and skill on top of a large AP gap. I can’t recall any feats for Plumber that’ll justify him avoiding Airbu getting in his range long enough for him to land a fire blast and get the win. The rock strategy, for example would make Plumber respond in some way whether it be a fire blast or dodge that gives Airbu the perfect opportunity to get in and use his superior skill to break through Plumbers defense. While Airbu’s LS is unknown, Plumber standing at Peak Human shouldn’t be strong enough to force him out of melee range with anything less than a fire blast which Airbu may not let him get off.

Back