• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire manipulation can be layered ?

Pedonar

Username Only
Fire manipulation can be layered ? if yes

Defeating someone who is naturally born from fire using a fire ability is considered one layer above?

as that being naturally resists it, his inside and outside are made of fire

Yeah it can have layers. I think in that scenario if the character is able to overcome the resistance of the fire being through sheer strength and potency of the ability then it can be layered but if the character only defeated the fire being due to a weakness or flaw in their resistance then it may not.

Inverse, yeah
On the wiki, I'm not sure

A character can be immune to fire, and then have another character who's fire is strong enough to overcome said immunity

I'm not sure how that would translate on the wiki, cause I'm not exactly sure how immunity is treated on the wiki. IIRC it's just treated as resistance to avoid NLF or something IDK

Pretty sure that DnD has layed fire manipulation, along with every other ability on the wiki.
It would, if it worked that way on the wiki, but it doesn't currently. Fire is scaled in temperature. D&D, in fact, has the exact scenario laid out by OP- fire that burns beings made of fire. It's just considered hotter.

It would, if it worked that way on the wiki, but it doesn't currently. Fire is scaled in temperature. D&D, in fact, has the exact scenario laid out by OP- fire that burns beings made of fire. It's just considered hotter.
Fire elementals when they run into even hotter fire:

49d4461cabf99c00f47f5aaa3f819db7.gif

Defeating someone who is naturally born from fire using a fire ability is considered one layer above?

Mmmm I guess so, if there is no temperature quantity in that scan

I dont think it logically to burn fire with fire, even if the other fire have higher temperature. I mean it already burned
And it is ilogically by default to burn fire, fire is not even physical that can be burned to begin with
I think it bypass immunity

If you mean for the character that resist some fire ability, yes it can be layered, if there are no some temperature thing that being mentioned

I dont think it logically to burn fire with fire, even if the other fire have higher temperature. I mean it already burned
And it is ilogically by default to burn fire, fire is not even physical that can be burned to begin with
I think it bypass immunity

If you mean for the character that resist some fire ability, yes it can be layered, if there are no some temperature thing that being mentioned
Fire Force Walked In

wtf
what happens if a guy is the abstract concept of fire itself and is shown to have resistance to fire hax because of that
but then a character uses fire hax and it ends up working on him

wtf
what happens if a guy is the abstract concept of fire itself and is shown to have resistance to fire hax because of that
but then a character uses fire hax and it ends up working on him
buddy I hate to be the one to tell you this but that's still D&D you're describing

Just need hotter fire.

Back