• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire God Liu Kang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a couple questions about him. Firstly, how is he between 6-B and 5-A? Where did this jump come from? And second, he showed immunity to Kronika's time attack when she reversed time, why doesn't he have immunity to time listed on his powers list? I mean she literally said "Raiden's gift shields you from the hourglass", that same hourglass that reversed all of time.

It's right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EMtkIX7lfs at 10:20

His Low 6-B rating is scaling to defeating an Elder God (Cetrion) and a Titan (Kronika) who are superior to the unrestricted gods of the verse such as Shao and Raiden. 5-A comes from Cetrion's fatality feat where she grows large enough to be seen from outer space and defeating Kronika who is, again, superior to the Elder Gods

Immunity to time manip is a NLF but it is at least very high resistance to time manip

Okay. Thanks for the explanation.

Should this be better clarified in the profile?

I think it's already in his profile, although I honestly think that he shouldn't be Low 6-B seeing how he beat Kronika who is 5-A by being superior in power to the Elder Gods

But hey that's just me

Okay. Did this happen in the latest game, and does this mean that he is not a revenant anymore?

Oh so since Raiden is immune then by default Fire God Liu Kang is also immune. Is that what you mean? I think it would be simpler if we just put it on Liu Kang's profile as well.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Did this happen in the latest game, and does this mean that he is not a revenant anymore?
Yes, in MK11 Raiden merged himself with Liu's human and revenant selves to become a single Liu. Which redeemed his revenant self and the others were erased as well

Digupthehatchet said:
Oh so since Raiden is immune then by default Fire God Liu Kang is also immune. Is that what you mean? I think it would be simpler if we just put it on Liu Kang's profile as well.
I think it's fine

Oh, fair enough. But still, the only fatalities that are even remotely cannon are dvorahs mkx one, sub zeros spine rip and scorpions skull one. None of the others are performed in story.

Also scaling moves in the thread were to some extent considered as illogical as scaling fatalities.

The Zod feat was rejected for two reasons

• The version of the character that preformed the feat was non-canon (as the character himself is canon)
  • The feat was scaled to characters with dozens of lower showing and would be anti-feats if you assumed that they were always 5-A (like a North Pole destroying explosion almost killing Superman and Wonder Woman or various other things)
If the 5-A feat was preformed in some mega-form and not her base or if there isn't a clear power disparity like in Injustice, then it shouldn't be an outlier. Scaling may be a bit wonky though if you assume her base form is = giant form.

Cetrion outside the fatality which never happened in story has never grown to the size of a planet. Unless there is a statement or showing which supports the fatality being cannon or cetrion having size manip to that degree, I do not see how it can be used in her profile.

That's why he has likely 5-A in his profile

Elder Gods have also shown planetary feats before albeit they had no timeframe (ex. Shinnok warping the entirety of hell to make it look like earthrealm)

If they have planetary feats then they should be used. If they have showed planetary size manip then that could give cetrion a possible (since possibly are for those whose ratings are a bit iffy from what i know).

We can't use those feats that were planetary since it's vague, no timeframe was given on how he performed it.

God Liu already has likely 5-A in his profile but yeah I guess possibly is better according to this:

"Should be used to list a hypothetical statistic for a character, but inconclusive due to lack of feats or viable power-scaling. Probability of said hypothetical statistic should also be indeterminate."

Thats why planet level was rejected? Because of no timeframe? Im pretty sure many feats at this level dont even need timeframes especially if occams razor can be applied (not sure whether it can or not for this).

Also im not sure how a small country level could warp an earth sized realm without painstakingly changing small individual sections of hell over a long period of time. Also i think that even primordials from god of war dont have a frame time and they get a 3-A rating.

Read this post said:
Thats why planet level was rejected? Because of no timeframe?
Considering that its reality warping rather than just "He blew up/created a thing" its can't be determined if he just snapped and did it or if it was a slow transition as his powered forced the Netherrealm to change.

Read this post said:
And what about shape Kahn merging the realms in mk9? That was happening over a short enough time frame wasn't it?
I believe it took hours to perform it, since Quan said to Raiden that "he had mere hours" before Shao steps in

In MK3 it was stated that Shao was slowly transforming and merging the planet into Outworld

That I have no idea.

I feel like realm merging is a mix of reality warping and terra forming since the weather of Earth is being changed and the MK dragon logo is infused on places like the bank stage in MK3, plus several Outworld structures materialize with sparks of green energy stuff

It does seem that way. Also depends on whether the size of outworld physically increases with every realm merged. The realm merging does sound like something that would be at least multi continent level. Although I do think that since it does require assumptions, it should give them a likely far higher rating.

So is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

I suppose add the time resistance or acausality (whatever being unaffected by the timeline being reversed is) and decide whether to downgrade his 5-A or not. Im not knowledgeable so im peacing out

Homer.gif

I think possibly makes more sense than likely if the fatality isn't confirmed and is vastly above everything else.

Shouldn't Fire God Liu be at least 3-A? Because with the Hourglass he can destroy and recreate the universe in any way he sees fit? I mean if we decided to upgrade all the God of War characters because of some books than going by the games the Elder Gods (including Shinnok) shouldn't at the very least Planet level.

Zack.gray12 said:
Shouldn't Fire God Liu be at least 3-A? Because with the Hourglass he can destroy and recreate the universe in any way he sees fit? I mean if we decided to upgrade all the God of War characters because of some books than going by the games the Elder Gods (including Shinnok) shouldn't at the very least Planet level.
That would be more like a separate EoS key. He doesn't have it until he beats Kronika.

Zack.gray12 said:
The Hourglass would be 3-A itself, not the wielder.

How is it resistence and not immunity? kronika literally controls the flow of time in the mk universe and she couldn't do jack to liu kang. hell even the hourglass didnt work on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back