• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even know how it works,so am I.First,explain what that is and how it works.

Matatabi as every Bijuu is durable enough to take his BB with minimal damage,Bijuus are not glass cannon.His uncharged BB(small one) is 843 gigatons.

Will Matatabi start with the Beast Ball at max power canonically? Because that is literally the only thing Matatabi has to combat Arcanine. Meanwhile, its Fireball attack will only boost Arcanine's attack power, and Arcanine has access to several attacks to wear out Matatabi, including Swagger, which would cause Matatabi to fire randomly without much control and even hurt itself, Toxic, which will wear down its health extremely fast, and the paralysis caused by Thunder Fang, which would slow it down and altogether stop it at times. And the there's the fact that even if Matatabi shoots off a Beast Ball before Arcanine can boost its speed enough, it still has access to moves like Substitute and Protect, which can protect it from primary attack and allow it time to counterattack. And, by the way, Protect has been shown to block attacks at least as strong as what you've described. So...anything to counter that?

The results are already added.

I'll ask to remove results cause it is unfair,literally everyone voted for Arcanine for 1 reason.While Matatabi will likely win due to AP advantage,Arcanine can not get past Matatabi's durability.

"Meanwhile, its Fireball attack will only boost Arcanine's attack power"

Matatabi doen't use fireball's in character,every bijuu spams their BB.

"including Swagger, which would cause Matatabi to fire randomly without much control and even hurt itself"

If Matatabi starts to fire BBs randomly it will cause Arcanine to die,not Matatabi.

"Toxic, which will wear down its health extremely fast"

Toxic?What is the potency of it?

"and the paralysis caused by Thunder Fang, which would slow it down and altogether stop it at times"

How it works?And,what can Arcanine do to injur Matatabi badly?

"And the there's the fact that even if Matatabi shoots off a Beast Ball before Arcanine can boost its speed enough"

Just no,BB expands almost instantly and has great AOE.

"it still has access to moves like Substitute and Protect, which can protect it from primary attack and allow it time to counterattack"

Explain how it works.

"And, by the way, Protect has been shown to block attacks at least as strong as what you've described"

How many times this skill can be used?Can it protect from something stronger than user?

"So...anything to counter that?"

Matatabi fires a couple of BBs.The end.

1) Sure ok, I guess. I didn't watch uch of Shippuden.

2) If Matatabi confused it may not even be able to find Arcanine, let alone use BB.

3) Toxic has exponental poison damage. It starts off small, and grows every few seconds.

4) Thunder Fang has a chance to either cause Matatabi to flinch or become paralized. To be fair, Arcanine has to actually bite Matatabi for it to work. Which will be alot easier if Matatabi is confused. Or Arcanine can just use Thunder Wave which paralyzes from a disdance.

5) Again, I don't know much about the tailed beasts.

6) This site seems almost random sometimes with what is and isn't game mechanics, so I'll just explain the best I can. Protect has a chance to fail with repeated uses, but substitute does not. Protect won't fail if cycled with another move. Protect blocks all damage and extra effects from moves used on Arcanine for several seconds. At best Matatabi's BB might deal half damage if it's camparable to a Z-move. Substitute uses a small portion of HP to make a dummy of the user to block attacks. If you want to include the manga the dummy can move around and be used to distract Matatabi.

In conclusion, the fight could go like this,

Matatabi throws out multiple BBs right at the start. Those are blocked by protect. Arcanine takes some damage. Arcanine uses Morning Sun to heal then uses Substitute. The substitute runs around and takes tamage for Arcanine untill it fades giving Arcanine enough time to use moves like swagger or t-wave. From there Arcanine pretty much has it.

Arcanine wins with reletive difficulty.

Dzhindzholia said:
I'll ask to remove results cause it is unfair,literally everyone voted for Arcanine for 1 reason.
Except Starter Pack brought up several reasons, and even more were added by Neolancer: stat amp moves, status moves, healing, speed advantage, fire immunity, protection, substitution, higher attack speed and pain sharing. Arcanine's arsenal is huge compared to Nibi's. All Nibi has over Arcanine is slightly higher AP and size; that's not enough.

Arcanine's my vote

Which would be the case if he debunked successfully, but he didn't.

Also, the AP advantage, even though it's negligible, is rendered obsolete nigh instantaneously. Intimidate makes it so Nibi starts off weaker, and access to Howl and Leer make it so Arcanine is stronger by barking or looking at her funny. And that's not factoring in the stat debuff from burns.

Hey and about Intangibility of Matatabi? Is a advantage for Bijuu.

Intangibility (Although the Bijuu transform into physical matter and give themselves normal biological bodies, they are primarily made entirely out of energy, and have been shown to exist in this state. As they are masses of energy in this state, they are impossible to kill by normal means)

@Mickey1940

You do know you could have just removed it from their pages instead of Necroing this thread right?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back