• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
A matchup that was requested to be made for a quite a bit. Here it is.

Finn Bálor vs Little Mac

Base Bálor and 9-B Mac will be used here.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place at Wrestlemania 38.

Little Mac:

The Prince:

Inconclusive:

Bálor: 191.1
Kilojoules, higher with Coup de Grâce and 1916

Mac:
>114 Kilojoules, higher with Star Uppercut and Giga Mac

finn-balor-entrance.gif
15754.gif

Very thematic matchup here, Wrestling vs Boxing, and two combatants that are famous for punching above their weight both literally and metaphorically, but which underdog will continue to rise against the odds, and which will meet their match?

As this wiki’s Finn Bálor super-fan, I’ll be following of course lol

A matchup that was requested to be made for a quite a bit. Here it is.

Finn Bálor vs Little Mac

Base Bálor and 9-B Mac will be used here.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place at Wrestlemania 38.

Little Mac:

The Prince:

Inconclusive:

Bálor: 191.1
Kilojoules, higher with Coup de Grâce and 1916

Mac:
>114 Kilojoules, higher with Star Uppercut and Giga Mac

finn-balor-entrance.gif
15754.gif
OH MY DAYS THE FADA IS IN THE OP

This is why Random is the VSBW G.O.A.T

Fada, it’s the little tick above the a in Bálor’s name, it’s a pretty important part of Irish language and therefore culture

Granted I have no damn clue why it’s in Bálor’s name when the actual mythological demon of Balor, Bálor’s namesake, doesn’t actually have one

Ok, so I think Bálor will actually be a trickier opponent for Mac when compared to Theory, and here’s why.

First thing I wanna note is fighting style. While no luchadore, Bálor is fond of high-flying techniques and he has honed getting the high reward out of high risk manoeuvres to near perfection. Mac has faced a variety of weird and wacky opponents, but very few if any have the sheer versatility and completely different style of fighting Bálor possesses. While there’s ten times more cheating in the WVBA than any IRL boxing association, it’s still boxing to an extent. Mac knows how to deal with Finn throwing punches, (even then Finn can match him in skill in a way very few in Punch Out! can) but he doesn’t know what to do if Bálor puts him “down for the count” and then climbs up the top rope to finish him with a coup de grâce, he doesn’t know what to do if Bálor puts him in a hold, or exits the ring and pulls a steel chair out from under it. Professional Wrestling simply outclasses Mac in versatility, especially with someone like Bálor, who takes the most dangerous parts of the sport to Mac and amps them to an extreme, while still remaining in control. This makes Bálor an extremely tricky and unpredictable opponent for even someone as adaptable as Mac, while Bálor will be more than happy to face a boxer, who’s moves consist of purely different types of punches.

The second is skill, I do believe Bálor outclasses Theory in skill FOR NOW. While Theory looks like he’s gonna go on to be an all time great at his current rate, he’s still comparable to Bálor, and Finn is a more decorated champion, a more experienced fighter, and has defeated people who Theory is only now beginning to pluck up to, months after Theory’s win over Bálor, while Finn was at the very early stages of his career, only getting better since.

Overall I think that while of course this is a close battle, Mac’s just not built to deal with a fighter like Finn, who takes the advantages a Pro Wrestler has over a Boxer and exploits them hard. The fighting styles between these two paints a picture of one who has superior versatility, a lack of predictability, and has honed the craft of risky manoeuvres to excellency.

Y'all basically put Mac against a guy better than the one he incon'd against?
Technically the guy who inconed Mac beat Bálor, but the two were pretty evenly matched, Theory has gotten better since that fight and thus better for the thread vs Mac, and also Finn’s fighting style is way trickier for a boxer to deal with than Theory’s, so all in all it balances out to a match with different dynamics and debates to be had

Ok, so I think Bálor will actually be a trickier opponent for Mac when compared to Theory, and here’s why.

First thing I wanna note is fighting style. While no luchadore, Bálor is fond of high-flying techniques and he has honed getting the high reward out of high risk manoeuvres to near perfection. Mac has faced a variety of weird and wacky opponents, but very few if any have the sheer versatility and completely different style of fighting Bálor possesses. While there’s ten times more cheating in the WVBA than any IRL boxing association, it’s still boxing to an extent. Mac knows how to deal with Finn throwing punches, (even then Finn can match him in skill in a way very few in Punch Out! can) but he doesn’t know what to do if Bálor puts him “down for the count” and then climbs up the top rope to finish him with a coup de grâce, he doesn’t know what to do if Bálor puts him in a hold, or exits the ring and pulls a steel chair out from under it. Professional Wrestling simply outclasses Mac in versatility, especially with someone like Bálor, who takes the most dangerous parts of the sport to Mac and amps them to an extreme, while still remaining in control. This makes Bálor an extremely tricky and unpredictable opponent for even someone as adaptable as Mac, while Bálor will be more than happy to face a boxer, who’s moves consist of purely different types of punches.

The second is skill, I do believe Bálor outclasses Theory in skill FOR NOW. While Theory looks like he’s gonna go on to be an all time great at his current rate, he’s still comparable to Bálor, and Finn is a more decorated champion, a more experienced fighter, and has defeated people who Theory is only now beginning to pluck up to, months after Theory’s win over Bálor, while Finn was at the very early stages of his career, only getting better since.

Overall I think that while of course this is a close battle, Mac’s just not built to deal with a fighter like Finn, who takes the advantages a Pro Wrestler has over a Boxer and exploits them hard. The fighting styles between these two paints a picture of one who has superior versatility, a lack of predictability, and has honed the craft of risky manoeuvres to excellency.
Tell me, how many years do these high-fly attacks take to land? How long does Mac have to move to simply the left or right? Oh, and a hold? On a boxer who can wind Balor in just one punch? In a basic bitch maneuver of skill? And pulling a chair on Mac wouldn't be the first time a someone has pulled a weapon on him and also makes Balor easier to dodge and hit.

And cheating? You do realize that quite literally every boxer in Punch Out!! Besides Mr. Sandman is cheating in some way yes(Aram Ryan the most agregious by far)? Mac himself even is because he's 17, not the required age of 18.

Theory was portrayed as slightly better than Balor, which calls the other thread EXTREMELY into question.

Overall, your arguments are less than superb, and mainly focus on Mac letting Balor do anything he wants to with 0 opposition, when a single Star Uppercut is going to floor Bálor if not outright knock him out, and are in-character for Mac to use semi-often.

Technically the guy who inconed Mac beat Bálor, but the two were pretty evenly matched, Theory has gotten better since that fight and thus better for the thread vs Mac, and also Finn’s fighting style is way trickier for a boxer to deal with than Theory’s, so all in all it balances out to a match with different dynamics and debates to be had
Theory isn't afraid of doing flashy stunts either, just not to the extent of Balor lol

As much as I don't agree with the match concept as a whole I'm just going to look this over.

high reward out of high risk manoeuvres to near perfection
I mean to be fair Mac also does this. A lot of the opportune ways to get stars in the punch out games involve standing in the way of a big hurt attack. It's a high reward out of a high risk situation, that needs perfect timing. Whether it's getting bull rushed or punching someone who can literally create afterimages.

but very few if any have the sheer versatility
While no one fighter in the game has had a lot of versatility, he's still faced many versatile opponents to the point where I don't think a lot is going to surprise Lil' Mac. He's gone up against shit that would make a real life boxer or wrestler leave the ring lol.

it’s still boxing to an extent
Tbh I'd argue that a good chunk of the shit Mac deals with just straight up isn't boxing lol. Bear Huggers overhead smash with his fists, Bald Bull literally just charging at people, Bob Charlie dancing in the ring (wtf lol), Dragon Chan literally kicking him in the face, via jumping off the ropes and dancing around like he's in a martial arts movie (woo racism), masked muscle spitting in his eyes, literally ******* everything that Aran Ryan does like good lord, someone using their hair as a weapon, someone juggling balls in the arena, someone who just isn't boxing (open palm strikes, kicks, backhands, literally brings a weapon to the ring, etc). Idk if it still qualifies as boxing in some of these matches but it's sure uh, something.

climbs up the top rope to finish him with a coup de grâce
Isn't this like, really similar to Dragon Chan jumping off the ropes. Either way climbing up the ropes takes at least a bit, I don't see why Mac can't recover.

he doesn’t know what to do if Bálor puts him in a hold
I'm pretty sure there are some opponents that try to grapple Mac.

or exits the ring and pulls a steel chair out from under it
Mac has dealt with people who brought weapons into the ring before. Long ranged weapons at that if you include Aran. Also I feel like it needs to be specified in the OP that there's a chair under the ring lol. I think frankly putting them in a wrestling ring is a bit too advantageous for the pro wrestler in all these scenarios. Put these guys in like central park where it's more even ground and half the stuff mentioned falls apart.

Overall I'm not super convinced by the arguments as I think it ignores a lot of Mac's experience with unpredictable and tricky opponents that Finn, I feel, just can't contend with.

Also to explain my "wind in one punch" statement, hitting just under the sternum is a superb way to wind someone and throw them off balance.

Theory was portrayed as slightly better than Balor, which calls the other thread EXTREMELY into question.
He is slightly superior to Balor. Balor is just more skilled and experienced.

Though Theory's skill feats imo, are more impressive since he's only a rookie, and he has plenty of years in him to be at the top. Balor is a seasoned veteran.

He is slightly superior to Balor. Balor is just more skilled and experienced.

Though Theory's skill feats imo, are more impressive since he's only a rookie, and he has plenty of years in him to be at the top. Balor is a seasoned veteran.
If Balor is more skilled why didn't he wash Theory... experience is nice but the skill needs feats and losing to Theory isn't the best look IIRC

If Balor is more skilled why didn't he wash Theory... experience is nice but the skill needs feats and losing to Theory isn't the best look IIRC
Skill isn't everything lmao

Theory is considered a prodigy in the world of pro wrestling with heaps.

Besides, wrestlers have dealt with a skill disadvantage on numerous occasions, along with many other disadvantages.

Mind games, clash of specific fighting styles, or even just form, in the world of wrestling, skill, while obviously the most important aspect of most given matches, can be counteracted by the right circumstances (Speaking in the context of WWE)

Tell me, how many years do these high-fly attacks take to land?
Idk, ask Roman Reigns and the likes who have been hit by them countless times, if it was so easy to “just move out of the way” it would render Bálor’s whole style useless

To actually answer your question, Finn I’d say takes usually 4-7 seconds or so including climbing the top rope, which is less than the 10 count Mac puts boxers down for all the time, why is this so unbelievable?
And cheating? You do realize that quite literally every boxer in Punch Out!! Besides Mr. Sandman is cheating in some way yes(Aram Ryan the most agregious by far)? Mac himself even is because he's 17, not the required age of 18.
Yes? I acknowledged that in my post
when a single Star Uppercut is going to floor Bálor if not outright knock him out, and are in-character for Mac to use semi-often.
the same applies for a coup de grâce, 1916, shotgun dropkick, even a sling blade will floor Mac
Also I feel like it needs to be specified in the OP that there's a chair under the ring lol. I think frankly putting them in a wrestling ring is a bit too advantageous for the pro wrestler in all these scenarios.
I mean, they’re always under the ring lol, they’re part of the furniture, putting a wrestler and a boxer in Central Park and NOT in a wrestling/boxing ring is in every way biased towards the boxer, who doesn’t rely on using the ring in their fighting style nearly as much as the wrestler. Also it’s really bad thematically lol

Idk, ask Roman Reigns and the likes who have been hit by them countless times, if it was so easy to “just move out of the way” it would render Bálor’s whole style useless

To actually answer your question, Finn I’d say takes usually 4-7 seconds or so including climbing the top rope, which is less than the 10 count Mac puts boxers down for all the time, why is this so unbelievable?

Yes? I acknowledged that in my post

the same applies for a coup de grâce, 1916, shotgun dropkick, even a sling blade will floor Mac

I mean, they’re always under the ring lol, they’re part of the furniture, putting a wrestler and a boxer in Central Park and NOT in a wrestling/boxing ring is in every way biased towards the boxer, who doesn’t rely on using the ring in their fighting style nearly as much as the wrestler. Also it’s really bad thematically lol
That is MORE than long enough to just roll onto the other side of the ring due to audible cues and such

Tell me, how many instances of cheating is the most? Aran Ryan has thirty one ******* infractions of breaking the rules..

Not exactly as easy to pull off as a star Uppercut I'd say

Then move it to a boxing ring or some shit lol

That is MORE than long enough to just roll onto the other side of the ring due to audible cues and such
Yeah but Finn only uses the coup de grâce when he’s confident his opponent is down and isn’t gonna be able to do that, with few exceptions his ability to get an opponent down like that and know it, going for the coup de grâce, is of extreme accuracy

Tell me, how many instances of cheating is the most? Aran Ryan has thirty one ******* infractions of breaking the rules.
I’m not doubting punch out has more cheating than WWE.
Not exactly as easy to pull off as a star Uppercut I'd say
A slingblade is shockingly easy to hit, and it combos into a shotgun dropkick, which combos into a Coup De Grâce. Bálor’s move set is very fluent and linked together like that
Then move it to a boxing ring or some shit lol
I’m down for that, basically the same thing just no weapons

Yeah but Finn only uses the coup de grâce when he’s confident his opponent is down and isn’t gonna be able to do that, with few exceptions his ability to get an opponent down like that and know it, going for the coup de grâce, is of extreme accuracy

I’m not doubting punch out has more cheating than WWE.

A slingblade is shockingly easy to hit, and it combos into a shotgun dropkick, which combos into a Coup De Grâce. Bálor’s move set is very fluent and linked together like that

I’m down for that, basically the same thing just no weapons
Unless he's literally knocked Mac out, then nah, Mac won't be down for the count at any point to where he can't roll and get back up.

It's not even close tho-

Can Mac duck? Remember for every foot Balor moves Mac can move a foot and vice versa, and Mac can quickly recover from big hits.

I mean, I don’t see why not when that’s happen to people much stronger than Bálor, it only needs to be for a few seconds

agreed, I’m not quite sure where this debate came from?
Mac can get up from getting beat by folks far above him in a few seconds, he can roll in way less time than that.

Tbh I saw you say that WWE had more cheating than punch out

Tbh I saw you say that WWE had more cheating than punch out
Did I actually say that lmao? In another thread I assume, damn that’s a bad take

Mac can get up from getting beat by folks far above him in a few seconds, he can roll in way less time than that.
There’s last man standing matches in WWE that are won through what is essentially a boxing K.O., you don’t think people of Mac’s ability to get back up have fallen victim to the coup de grâce?

Did I actually say that lmao? In another thread I assume, damn that’s a bad take

There’s last man standing matches in WWE that are won through what is essentially a boxing K.O., you don’t think people of Mac’s ability to get back up have fallen victim to the coup de grâce?
Maybe, I could also be stupid lol

If a dude is climbing onto the ropes, that's going to have some audible cues and tell Mac to move more than an announcer would

If a dude is climbing onto the ropes, that's going to have some audible cues and tell Mac to move more than an announcer would
A: The Wrestlers can hear the ropes too lmao

B: Commentators literally say stuff like “Bálor up to the top ropes…” though I’m not sure their voices are projected in the arena itself

A: The Wrestlers can hear the ropes too lmao

B: Commentators literally say stuff like “Bálor up to the top ropes…” though I’m not sure their voices are projected in the arena itself
Then they're stupid for not rolling lmao-

This would’ve been the easiest win farm of my life if the upgrades applied to Base Bálor but ah well time to revisit this thread

proof they can't even flip their body in one direction.
The fact that they don’t is proof enough. If you were about to lose a match, and all you had to do was flip your body over a bit to avoid being finished off, you’d best believe you’d do it if it were physically within your abilities to do so, but it’s usually not, they usually don’t, and that’s how Bálor wins his matches. To argue that Mac would not fall victim to Bálor’s move set the way wrestlers do nearly every week is to argue Finn’s entire career is built on an empire of PIS from his opponents

Can Mac duck? Remember for every foot Balor moves Mac can move a foot and vice versa, and Mac can quickly recover from big hits.
To answer this, ducking for a slingblade would result in a very awkward forearm to Mac’s face probably, ducking for a shotgun dropkick will be 2 feet propelled at massive speed straight into Mac’s face. Although ducking behind Finn or stuff like that for the slingblade just gets countered by a Pele kick, you’d have to stay still, which leaves you vulnerable, or move towards your own back and retreat, which just leaves you back at square one for both.

I’ll vote Finn for now, as I feel his fluid move set and greater acrobatics exploit all of Mac’s worst weaknesses when facing a wrestler in a way Theory couldn’t do as efficiently.

It’s very weird how one matchup has to involve another so much lol

Back