• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finger Bearers and his cave - here we go again

Quite simple, from pulverization to vaporization

The feat is here
We already accept vaporization for less in several cases

Arguments in favor of pulverization
With a recalculation the result will be 120 tons (8-A), which will help with the future new scale

I legit looked at this page where the feat happens for like a minute and a half or so. Honestly, I don't think I agree with this.

First off, the sfx justification is contradicted by what's shown in the feat. The sfx is more like "fooosh," which is often used to indicate wind blowing or something of that nature. In this context, it's more apparent that the sfx comes from the dust being blown away as a result of the magnitude of this attack.

Second, the dust. Yeah, speaking of context, that really doesn't look like steam. For starters, when the Finger Bearer finishes the attack and it shows the panel where the "steam" is, it's not as though it's coming out of the ground like steam normally would in a case like that. It's actually being blown away from the shockwave of the attack that just finished. Not really consistent with the idea of it being steam.

Overall, pulverization is more accurate for this feat, so it should stay as is.

Side Note: Bringing in other verses doesn't exactly support the argument, as they have their own reasons for using vaporization, stuff that's more concrete proof than in this feat.

The sfx is more like "fooosh,"
I am referring to the kanji

And in context it wouldn't make sense to be the wind
it's not as though it's coming out of the ground like steam normally would in a case like that
Could you elaborate? I really don't see how the steam from the crater is not coming directly from the ground
Side Note: Bringing in other verses doesn't exactly support the argument, as they have their own reasons for using vaporization, stuff that's more concrete proof than in this feat.
Reasons that are the same

I am referring to the kanji

And in context it wouldn't make sense to be the wind
Well I used wind as an example, but the point is that it's more likely dust being blown away from the shockwave. This supports pulverization more.
Could you elaborate? I really don't see how the steam from the crater is not coming directly from the ground
Putting this into words without visuals is gonna be a chore but I'll do my best. So basically with vaporization feats where steam comes out, you can often see the steam rising from the crater, but here, the "steam" is being pushed away. And again, in the context of the Finger Bearer using an explosion to destroy that attack and the explosion also causing a shockwave, it being dust is way more consistent. Also, vaporized areas tend to have some indicator that there was in fact vaporization, like a burnt surface as an example. No indicators like that are shown here.
Reasons that are the same
I took a look at both feats, actually, and there's far more reason for vaporization in DontTalk's calc. For your HxH calc, I'm not sure because I don't know what the move Zero Hand does.

Well I used wind as an example, but the point is that it's more likely dust being blown away from the shockwave.
The noise of the shockwave had already disappeared.

And in the anime the sound of steam is shown
but here, the "steam" is being pushed away.
I mean, the steam from the right is going to the right and the steam from the left is going to the left. If it were a dust it would all go the same way

This is probably the influence of the shockwave
Also, vaporized areas tend to have some indicator that there was in fact vaporization, like a burnt surface as an example. No indicators like that are shown here.
He destroying a liquid material along with the crater is not valid?

Well yeah that is definitely vaporization, the crater in the anime is even charred to further prove this.

Edit: This is about Zero Hand for clarification

The noise of the shockwave had already disappeared.

And in the anime the sound of steam is shown
I know that sound all too well actually, that is very much dust being blown away at high speeds. If anything, the anime further supports pulverization.
I mean, the steam from the right is going to the right and the steam from the left is going to the left. If it were a dust it would all go the same way
Not true actually, if you wanna bring in other anime, a common thing is for a bunch of dust to get blown away omnidirectionally. That's what's happening here.
He destroying a liquid material along with the crater is not valid?
Something like water is far more concrete but destroying Chimera Shadow Garden really is too uncertain to quantify. I mean, isn't that essentially destroying a Cursed Energy attack? I never caught up to Jujutsu Kaisen but I'm pretty sure an attack like that is basically made up of Cursed Energy.

I know that sound all too well actually, that is very much dust being blown away at high speeds. If anything, the anime further supports pulverization.

That is dust:
CJ3ptoP.jpg

• A smoke that is not 100% white
  • That doesn't make "Shhhh"
  • And that it goes only to a specific side
The anime scene shows a vaporizing noise, clearly it is from steam. I have never seen in any media in my life showing dust as shown in the video
Not true actually
What is "not true"? The anime clearly shows that it is the pressure of the cursed energy that moves the steam at high speed and not something natural
a common thing is for a bunch of dust to get blown away omnidirectionally
Of course, but I am sure that in these specific cases the smoke is not white and that it was probably caused by a shockwave
I mean, isn't that essentially destroying a Cursed Energy attack?
Cursed energy is still fair of adding destruction patterns, since they have mass

If you want to go the route of steam being a specific color, what was blown away in the anime was the exact same color of normal dust. There's also no "shhhh" sound effect, it's always been a "fooosh" sound effect, which signals winds or dust blowing. That's what the sfx was taken as. Dust is also capable of being blown away omnidirectionally so this is not exactly a point in its favor.

Also, yeah, Cursed Energy has mass, but then comes the question for stuff like Shadow Chimera Garden: What material is it? Is it shadows? How is that quantified? It's too unreliable.

Back