• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

Yeah I really like the vibes of FF16, don't think I'd like it if, I dunno, this was somehow the same Bahamut that reset all of reality or whatever in FF14.

Everyone relevant should also have absorption and stat amplification for being able to absorb and amp themselves with Aether since that's kinda just intrinsic to the nature of magic in this game. Just really up to whether its something they'd risk doing in character tho

Yeah I think everyone relevent should also have extrasensory perception, quite a few cases of powerful magic users sensing others
Yup sounds right to me, I'll leave specifc character shit out for now since there's a bunch of standard magic stuff that applies to everyone

Dominants should likely have some form of power bestowal as they can share parts of their powers if they choose to do so i.e how Rosaria chose to do this by appointing a shield whom Joshua himself empowered with the blessing of the Phoenix

Yeah that makes sense, Jill, Cid, and Barnabas also willingly bestowed their powers to Clive so it seems like something they can all do. And although I don't recall anything directly, it looks like Dragoons use the same light magic that Dion/Bahamut has, most notably seen with the knight of the dying sun)

Also just wondering for Ultima, would he be similar to Kefka in that he gets all the magical abilities in the game? I know he'd at bare minimum get the abilities of the Eikon since they're stated to be fractions of his power and he even uses their powers during his boss fight, but as an example would he also get that annoying stupid death curse that the Ahriman uses?

Also just wondering for Ultima, would he be similar to Kefka in that he gets all the magical abilities in the game? I know he'd at bare minimum get the abilities of the Eikon since they're stated to be fractions of his power and he even uses their powers during his boss fight, but as an example would he also get that annoying stupid death curse that the Ahriman uses?
I kinda would imagine so since he even has access to many unaspected magicks as well like gravitas, pocket dimension shit, space time shit etc. etc. that seemingly no one has I'd say its a possibility or like creation and life manipulation bullshit and believe it or not his event horizon attack if caught is an instant death attack so maybe? We'll have to do a lot more digging and I mean there's the fact that his others were also the mothercrystals that bestowed magic so🤷

So what do we do with Typhon since its super heavily implied he's the husk of a body that Ultima threw away for his new one

Yeah I think due to the implication he's another one of Ultimas discarded physical avatars he could just be put onto Ultimas page, the active time lore™ describing his appearance as Ultima "wearing the skin of Typhon" seems like it's just a physical body his spirit is inhabiting temporally to test Clive instead of him being his own entity.

It doesn't look like any of them are combat speed, just the speed of Titan Lost moving that tendril and the throwing speed of Ifrit
That's literally him swinging it in his bare hands at those speeds and the tendrils are literally part of what he uses to attack and ifrit reacts to them, this is like so definitely combat speed

Hell ifrit didn't even let go of the tendril until basically at the end of the arc

Man I even already have the distance ifrit threw hellfire in the blog calculated as well that as well would also be like a High Hypersonic+ to MHS feat if I wanted to get the speed

That's literally him swinging it in his bare hands at those speeds and the tendrils are literally part of what he uses to attack and ifrit reacts to them, this is like so definitely combat speed

Hell ifrit didn't even let go of the tendril until basically at the end of the arc
Ifrit isn't moving his arms at that speed, that's the speed the tentacle travels in the swing which isn't the same

It does not require high hypersonic reaction or combat speed to react to a tendril moving at that speed due to its size. Its large enough to the point where you can see it moving. It would be like giving a human supersonic reaction speed because we can view supersonic jets. Ifrit also reacted to it while it was moving much slower

Ifrit isn't moving his arms at that speed, that's the speed the tentacle travels in the swing which isn't the same

It does not require high hypersonic reaction or combat speed to react to a tendril moving at that speed due to its size. Its large enough to the point where you can see it moving. It would be like giving a human supersonic reaction speed because we can view supersonic jets. Ifrit also reacted to it while it was moving much slower
Sure if you insist though I feel this specifically is a very strange hill to die on considering the amount of casual Supersonic+ to Relativistic combat feats there are in this game and it doesn't matter either way cause titan lost has plenty of combat feats in that same range so this just feels so random

Sure if you insist though I feel this specifically is a very strange hill to die on considering the amount of casual Supersonic+ to Relativistic combat feats there are in this game and it doesn't matter either way cause titan lost has plenty of combat feats in that same range so this just feels so random
Ok, would be cool if they could be calced soon as possible

XVI will inevitably collab with XVI, its kind of confirmed. I don't know about games outside XIV and XVI, but looking at Gilgamesh's page, characters from XIV scale a lot higher than Gilgamesh does
Yeah, Clive will eventually be 2-A whether through XIV or Dissidia, only question is when its XIV is what point of time he'd be from in 16's timeline. Since if its EoG Clive he'd just be the lone god tier of 16 still

Yeah that makes sense, Jill, Cid, and Barnabas also willingly bestowed their powers to Clive so it seems like something they can all do. And although I don't recall anything directly, it looks like Dragoons use the same light magic that Dion/Bahamut has, most notably seen with the knight of the dying sun)
yeah its pretty consistent that most dominants can do more or less the same general Eikon abilities only limited by their own skill, like Joshua being better at Forcefields to the point he can do them in base or Barnabas and Benedicta both using Egis but while her elementals are only conscious enough to obey her, slepnier has a mind of his own

At the moment I don't think we can reasonably take the principles of aether from 14 and apply to 16, could change in the future if solid connections are made between them but right now? Nah

Gotta love consistency, lotta cool match ups to be done in 6-C as well
Yeah its just quite funny though when you observe what the branded can do bare minimum like heat forges hot enough to melt metals and shit and knowing the dominants are just >>>>> by an insane amount yet branded aren't ass at all and still have the same base hax and resistances just dominants beings like extremely godly in comparison

Back