• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am a bit late here, buuut anyhow.... Wall of text ahead

I'd go with Cloud on this one.

I don't really agree with the whole Dark Hold does affect Cloud because it's an AOE Time Stop. A Time Stop immunity is still an immunity, not to mention the Stop magic does become an AOE in FF7 if you link it with an "All" materia and is still resisted.

Zero can one shot Cloud with Absolute Zero attacks, but Zero would need a clean hit and he's at massive disadvantage in close combat due to the AP difference. Cloud not only can one shot back, Zero can't even block Cloud's swings, they'd just bust through his guard. Not to mention, most of Cloud's offensive spells could be deadly to Zero due to being as powerful as his attacks (which include more than just projectile attacks), while Zero has just a limited selection that affects Cloud.

The Cyber Elf that grants intangibility is a huge plus in Zero's favor, but from what I could see it has a 5 second startup and lasts for around 9 seconds. Normally that wouldn't be so bad, but for fighters of their skill and especially given Zero's disadvantage in AP where any attacks could be lethal, this could cripple this chance in that small frame. It would be a different story if Zero could tank Cloud's attacks, but if Zero doesn't keep distance to use him quickly or tries to engage Cloud in close combat before using him he's done for.

Know that's not gonna change the outcome of the thread, but hey just wanted to give my two cents.

Even though the grace period is long over I while still count your vote 7:4 in zero's favor. How do I go about requesting this.

Cloud FRA

Edit - If it was 7-3 in favor of Zero for a month then the GP shouldve ended so you dont need to count votes anymore

...honestly, they seem fairly evenly matched as far as skill/hax/intelligence goes. I suppose I vote Cloud, due to superior AP/Durability.

Cloud via pure AP here. He just...one-shots, and Zero doesn't lead with what'll stop him. Z-Saber gets destroyed with one hit in a collision.

Well, I guess the best is to ask if it can be done or not. I mean, the thread was left unattended and essentially forgotten for a good while, reason why people didn't participate. When it was brought to attention again activity increased noticeably.

But I guess moderators should call the decision. Be it to take a look at the newer votes or simply declaring Zero the winner due to the grace period being already over.

@Blueblur24

So.... I asked Kaltias about it, he suggested we should just count all the votes and add the result. Probably then let him know about it to close the thread.

All in all, he seems to be a good choice of staff member to ask any questions about this, though. Dunno what you think, but that's an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back