• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Feat inconsistent ?

Drove off the Witch king from Minas Morgul > Comparable to full power Sauron with his ring, who is vastly superior to his weakened form ?

But Sauron > Witch king . This is right ?

I removed it because it had no thread.

Shadow of Mordor is simply an alternate continuity to the LOTR series. The Silmarillion, the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy all still happen in the Shadow of Mordor series, as is constantly stated and shown in the game and its sequel.

I'm not arguing that, I'm saying that scaling LOTR feats to Shadow of Mordor is fine, because every major thing in the original continuity still happens.

That's like scaling EU Cthulhu Mythos to the original. Shadow of Mordor has shown consistently lower feats, with none of them exceding 7-A, as far as I can recall (High 7-A is just for being stronger than the 7-A).

It does though, it's just EU Mythos is so insanely inconsistent and basically fan fiction we don't use it.

Shadow of Mordor is an alternate continuity of the Middle-Earth series where literally every major event from the original continuity still happens. There's aboslutely no reason we can't scale.

@Arda

If every single event that happens in the main continuity happens in the world of Shadow of Mordor, I don't understand why it doesn't scale.

Like a said: Shadow of Mordor has shown consistently lower feats. Even if it was legitimate, 6-B would still be an outlier (At least, I belive).

Shadow of Mordor is fan fiction. Insanely high budget fan fiction that you can but for real money, but fan fiction nonetheless. It is no more canon than BFMEs 1 & 2; no more canon than War in the North; no more canon than the EU.

Also, as a side note: Do you think we should ask Azathoth on this, the expert for both Cthulhu Mythos and LOTR?

Reppuzan said:
@Arda
If every single event that happens in the main continuity happens in the world of Shadow of Mordor, I don't understand why it doesn't scale.
Yes, that would be correct. However, there is no indication of that. As far as I remeber, unless I missed something.

If someone can show an instance where it was stated that every single event in the canon continuity to place in Shadow of Mordor, than I will happily change my opinion (I am a big fan of Shadow of Mordor, and it being 6-B would make me happy).

Not having 6-B feats doesn't mean it's an outlier.

Shadow of Mordor is very, very different to the EU Mythos. The EU Mythos is a result of the Mythos entering the public domain so anyone can write stories on it. This is just a game set in a different continuity.

I really don't see why it's necessary to ask him.

I haven't seen any reasons we can't scale.

Dude, virtually everything from the main continuity happens. Sauron has all the feats he does from the main series. There is no reason we can't scale SoM from him.

The Everlasting said:
Dude, virtually everything from the main continuity happens. Sauron has all the feats he does from the main series. There is no reason we can't scale SoM from him.
Sauron has no feats in the books during the timeframe of Shadow of Mordor. Again, I will adjust my position if someone shows a case where it was stated that everything in the canon continuity takes place in Shadow of Mordor.

The Hobbit happened, because Gollum lost the ring. The main trilogy happened because of the epilogue of Shadow of War. The Silmarillion happened because it's the goddamn creation story and characters/events like Ungoliant and the stuff with Morgoth are referenced on multiple occasions.

Even without that, Talion repeatedly fights the Nazgul (At one point five of them at once) and has fought the Witch-King of Angmar. It's not an outlier like you're claiming.

Shadow of Mordor is simply an alternate continuity to the LOTR series.

I agree.

I would scale too.

And Shadow of War have some feat to Talion/Celebrimbor.

Like desintegrate Uruks in Minas ithril (Witch king champion mission).

Uhm. So why does Talion have Likely 6-B under AP but doesn't have a likely 6-B key nor is it listed as one of his tiers. It's only shown under AP o.o

Yea that's fine. But shouldn't you remove that bit for now then? It's a bit awkward to have likely 6-B under AP but a not a trace of it anywhere else. Not under tier, keys, durability etc

Back