• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Comic Book Characters

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I would like to know where can I go online to read comics, preferably Spiderma and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Post-Crisis) as those are my to most favorite heros but I've only seen their animated adventures and barly red any of their comics.

I'd also like to know your favorite Comic book characters Hero or Villain

A good website is ***************.to They got hundreds of comic book titles, and it's free.

My favorite comic book character is either Luther Strode, Invincible or Wolverine. They're all just so badass and have interesting stories to offer.

Thanks for the info, my brother likes Wolverine as well.

I've always had Superman as my favorite comic book character so he is my top choice. I just like Heroic characters overall (but not gary stues/Mary Sues)

I'll be honest there was a time in my life in which I thought that Superman Prime 1 Million was equal or close to the Presence lmao.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I'll be honest there was a time in my life in which I thought that Superman Prime 1 Million was equal or close to the Presence lmao.
And then you read 1 issue OvO

Honestly I thought he was the most powerful Superman ever because of all the hype but then I realized he wasn't

Me too i thought SP1M could solo 99% of Fiction. If it was up to me at that time SP1M would probably have been High 1-A lmao.

Even with the over hype, Superman is still one of my favorite heros but he's still behind Hal Jordan and Spiderman.

Charlie Brown. I have a huge collection of the original Schulz comics (I.E: all of dem) and I have a recent graphic novel "It's Tokyo, Charlie Brown" which is really good, might I add. To bad "Friends Forever" wasn't so good. I can go on length about why Charlie Brown is my favorite comic character. He plays the perfect straight man to the insanity that unravels before him, kindhearted, good natured, mature, always determined and never giving up. Both optimistic and pessimistic, and oddly serene.

The way he can just sort of take the about of abuse he gets is hilarious. He's not happy about it, he's just sort of accepted it. It's darkly funny. The ending of "It's Tokyo, Charlie Brown" is just all of his friends calling him a worthless piece of nothing, and it doesn't really bother him. One of my favorite strips of all time involves him and Lucy hanging out, and Lucy just out of nowhere goes on a rant about how worthless Charlie Brown is and how he sucks at everything. He doesn't really react. He just frowns. It's hilarious.

"When Charlie Brown misses the ball, we knock him down and kick him!" - Lucy, 1966.

@Darkanine

Wow... that sounds like a very weird but interesting Comic Seires and main character.

I've been particularly fond of Damian Wayne and Jon Kent in recent years.

The first is an insufferable jerkwad who was raised to be a sociopathic murderer that would defile and disrupt Batman's legacy. Disrupt he did, but he eventually found that being Robin was way more fulfilling than being the prince of the League of Assassins. Being taught empathy, kindness, and affection in a way he never learned in the first ten years of his life, he wholeheartedly moved away from his cold-blooded origins and was willing to die for his father's ideals and defend Gotham while hundreds of crooks descend upon him for the colossal bounty his own mother placed on his head before being murdered by his own clone as she looked on. He acts far more mature than he ought to, but he's still a child, and his innate insecurity is blatantly visible whenever he is around his family members. All in all, an extremely complex and compelling character when handled right (glaring at you Injustice and Rebirth's Batman Beyond).

On the other hand, Jon is sweet, lovable and kind due to being raised in a normal household and thus acts his age. While his young age makes him prone to some poor outbursts, he is endearing for being a lot like us when we were kids. Having a pretty straight moral compass but lacking the experience to best use his tremendous potential, he bumbles his way into the superheroing world with all the grace a small-town ten-year old would be expected to have when stumbling into the big city. A reconstruction of the sidekick that got so many of us into comics before things took a turn towards the dark, gritty, and angsty, he's just so gosh darned likable that I can't stop reading about him.

Their chemistry is wonderful due to how different they are even though their goals are the same and I highly recommend their current series to anyone really.

If you mean Western comics; like Marvel and DC pretty tough to say. Lobo is by far my favorite DC character, but I'm divided between several Marvel characters. I mine as well list them all: Hulk, Spider Man, Deadpool, Wolverine, Magneto, Daredevil, and Doctor Strange.

It could be Marvel, DC or any other Comic Heros or Villains.

Magneto and Dr.Doom. I grew up with the Fantastic 4 and The X-Men, and as I grew up, I came to appreciate the villains in those two series for being more than a guy wanting to take over the world just because he's evil. Dr.Doom is ridiculous, but he still has a motivation, and it's fueled by jealousy and him not being happy, even as a king. Magneto is the opposite, and I think everybody knows the darker side of his story. It's hard even calling him a villain, since I would side with him just as often as siding with the X-Men. Both of them are cool, they strike fear into everybody, and they've both been represented very well within gaming(Capcom Vs Series). Like Spider-Man or The Hulk, these characters have a legacy that deserves to be seen.

Superman and Wonder woman for me because when the writer behind their stories is a real good story teller I find them to be the most engaging.

I knew about the heroes and villains, and figured it didn't have to be Marvel or DC. But the real question is if Manga counts?

I was referring to comics that are like DC, Marvel and Archie not manga.

Yeah, I figured that. Since do to how uniquely Manga is written, it kinda counts as it's own medium. But since it's just western comics we're talking about, the ones I mentioned above will suffice for my answer.

Back