• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Prom

Well, it was only barely, and she was knocked out afterwards.

Karna wasn't exactly trying to kill her either.

Anyways, the High 7-A / 6-C stuff.

I think all firepower-based A+ Noble Phantasms should be High 7-A. This is consistent, given that even firepower-based C-rank NP's are comparable to A-rank attacks, which aren't even baseline Mountain level, and B-rank and A-rank are even stronger. This also has several supporting feats:

• Caliburn's overloaded blast took off 7 of Berserker's lives and has firepower on the level of Excalibur, and that blast is A+ rank.
  • Balmung holding back Brahmastra Kundala when used repeatedly in rapid succession.
  • Bellerophon being able to hold back and overpower Excalibur Morgan alongside Rho Aias in Heaven's Feel.
This would bump up Merodach and Excalibur (outside of the Fate route, where it's super nerfed due to Shirou's incompetency) to At least Large Mountain level, while an uncharged Enuma Elish could probably be outright Island level.

Various notes:

• While Divine Beasts are superior to Phantasmal Beasts like Medusa's Pegasus, Bellerophon itself is not something Pegasus can do on its own and it should not scale to Divine Beasts because of this, and for the sake of consistency. Divine Beasts should, by default, scale to Pegasus' raw physical stats, which are at least 7-A.
  • Shinji's Bellerophon is still at least 7-A. Sorry Wakame but you suck

I just feel that it would be weird to have so many Large Mountain level NPs when Excalibur is supposed to be near the peak of NP firepower.

It's not like Excalibur hasn't been overshadowed constantly and it's not like it wouldn't be upgraded.

High 7-A stuff is also just more consistent, and Excalibur debatably scales to the High 6-C feat I shared above anyways.

@Prom

I suppose so.

I'm not sure if we should scale from Caladbolg Caledfwlch since I think there were special circumstances behind it.

Promestein said:
It's not like Excalibur hasn't been overshadowed constantly and it's not like it wouldn't be upgraded.

High 7-A stuff is also just more consistent, and Excalibur debatably scales to the High 6-C feat I shared above anyways.
Re: Excalibur, it's mentioned in Saber's NP Interlude in Grand Order that it too has restraints on it similar to that of Excalibur Proto, though not much is specified.

Uncertainty is understandable.

Should Karna have Low-Mid Regenerationn over time? He recovered from Vlad's spears ripping him apart from the inside.

@Regis I know about that, but yeah, it's super vague. Makes sense though given that it took down Sefar.

I'm fine with High 7-A for A+ firepower based Noble Phantasms like Mesektet, Galatine etc. 6-C Ea is fine as well.

You could make a case for some Divine Beasts being High 7-A via scaling to Merem's Divine Beasts being capable of fighting Alt's bodyguards and one of Ozy's sphinxes being equal to three Servants yet still being inferior to Cosmos Sphinx. But it's probably better to keep them at 7-A.

That's true. It'd be on a case-by-case basis, I suppose.

Bump.

If Vasavi Shakti is 5-A now Akhilleus Kosmos should probably be 5-A as well.

Bump again.

Also I doubt high Luck characters should have resistance to causality manipulation, that's a weakness of Gae Bolg.

Isn't the point of the luck stat to alter fate to get out of life-threatening situations and survive instant-death attacks?

Like EMIYA/Assassin's AotG mega-buffs his luck in life threatening situations so he can get out of them.

It's debatable as to whether or not it's a trait of high Luck Servants or a trait of Gae Bolg.

The status screen in FSN describes it as the ability to defy fate or something like that, so perhaps it IS a trait of high luck Servants.

@Prom

I can agree with that. Since the ability to avoid getting struck in the heart by Gae Bolg literally states that it would be altering fate through sheer luck in the materials.

If everyone agrees, I can craft a list of all the servants (of the profiles we have) who have a luck rank B or above. Since those folks + Assassin EMIYA are who these additions would apply to

So, I guess minor Fate Manipulation...?

That'd be appreciated, Iapitus.

Yee. Minor Fate Manipulation, Enhanced Luck obviously (does this have a page?), and resistence to causality manipulation for all those with B and above

On a side note, if enhanced Luck isn't a page yet, then I think I should make one. What's the process for making new ability pages? never done it before

Sounds great.

We probably should have a page for Super Luck type stuff since it's not really probability manipulation but it's still notable. I can make one though.

We can collapse the resistance to causality manipulation into minor fate manipulation I think.

• Enhanced Luck (or whatever), Minor Fate Manipulation (Servants with B-rank Luck or higher can change their own fates to evade inevitable outcomes such as having their hearts destroyed by G├íe Bolg)

Yeah that makes the ability to trump causality manipulaton self evident at that point

For examples of people with Super Luck, a few people you should have are:

• Pocoloco (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) [Gonna be making a profile for him soon]
  • Nagito Komaeda (Danganronpa) [a few of the other protagoninsts have it as well]
and of course servants with B or higher from Fate

I made it. Here. Kinda overlaps with Probability Manipulation in places but whatever

I couldn't find a picture but someone's free to get one.

Once we discuss this more here and get a list of the relevant Servants we can get to adding it to the Servants.

Should Stheno have death inducement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back