• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Farewell (Side Apology Too)

Hey,

I wanted to make a farewell post since I realized normal members were actually doing this. I thought it was a staff thing beforehand, but I suppose I might as well make this official since the note on my Message Wall didn't seem to get completely noticed. I wanted to make this official since the one I made a week ago didn't seem to get noticed by a few people I know (I left before the random bandwagon lol).

I just wanted to say a couple of things:

1.) I am ultimately sorry for my aggressive behavior in the past. I'm not proud of it, and I admit I probably made some things a lot harder for others at times because of it. I especially mean to say this to some staff. When regarding some of the more negative staff stigmas I would hear from others, they would often cloud my better judgement to where my hostility increased for the worse. This was undoubtedly toxic as hell, and I hope this can make amends for that.

I just want to remind others that the users you're talking to are people as well. They also have their own opinions and naturally, they won't always agree. Don't take it personally if someone doesn't agree with you; it ultimately just makes your experience worse if you do that to yourself. Trust me, take it from someone who engaged in that regrettably. Please don't make the same mistakes I did. Remember that we're just talking about fictional characters here and that we should have fun with it. This site is like a mass appreciation area for us fiction buffs. Let's not let it get tainted by the negative vibes.

2.) I wish for the community to ultimately flourish in the future. Even with some of the negative atmosphere right now, it seems there are more active attempts to make things better. I'm glad to know at least that during this post at least, things seem to be looking up for the future. Hopefully when the virus gets more countermeasures against it, some of the more negative aspects of our real lives won't bleed onto the wiki as heavily too.

As for why I'm leaving, it's mainly just because of how VS Debating has just become. I'm not sure when it directly happened, but it began to feel more burdensome than fun over time which partially contributed to my more aggressive attitude over time. I think it's just something that happens to a lot of us over time and it takes a lot out of you. Some of the more negative tensions between verses and members also played a part in this decision, but I'm not really looking to single out anybody or anything because that's not the point of this post (and it really shouldn't be the point of any of these farewell posts honestly).

I'm not sure exactly how strongly I ended off in this community, but I do want to thank some of the people that were pretty cool and bettered the experience while I was on here.

@GiverOfThePeace @ShakeResounding @DatOneWeeb @ProfessorKukui4Life @Bobsican @The_real_cal_howard @DarkDragonMedeus @TheQuirkyBoy @Cyberblader90 @Starsprite53 @Sadistic_Sleuth @Oblivion Lighting (I don't think I can tag him lol but same point) @MrWarnerTheGreat @Half_Shiny @MikeBro25 @ShadowGamerOmega (I believe this is David's name on here but idr)
^I included people who mostly came to mind, but there are others I could list if I gave more thought to it

I will still be on Discord of course and might help with some side revisions for some people I know from time to time, but I won't directly be active past this point.

Thank you for taking your time to read this old timers post, and I hope you have a good 2021!

Oh well, goodbye Ploz, I really hoped to push the KH revisions alongside you, but I know that you don't have to be directly into the discussions to help, in any case, your input on multiple series has seemed to me to be quite consistently correct and unbiased, which is not common, and extremely appreciated.

Farewell Ploz, we've only somewhat talked a long time ago back when the Golden Sun pages were being made, and you and Niarobi have been really helpful when it came to discussing the different things the characters had, and it was admittedly a lot of fun talking about an old series I never really touched in a long time. Hopefully the negative things, both IRL and on the wiki will end sooner than later, if and when they do end, you're more than welcome to come back if you're in the mood to discuss more on other franchises without the negative thoughts getting the better of you. And when I say this I do not mean this in any harsh way, as I know personally how it felt to have a lot of negative emotions and being unable to contain it and just lash out on others. Stay safe out there, and take care man.

You were probably one of the more interesting debaters that I've seen here on this site, judging by your posts on different CRTs. Shame to see you leave because I expected to see more from you personally.

Good luck in your future endeavors by the way.

Goodbye, good luck, and please try to take care of yourself. Thank you for trying to end on a positive note.

Goodbye man the first time I saw you were on death battle fanon, you were the most likable and knowledgable debater I've seen from my own perspective, I would have loved to have a debate or just a conversation with you but I suppose I joined the wiki too late I used to be a Lurker since 2018 and got my account approved 4 days ago. Anyway, have a nice day, have a nice life, I hope you live happily for the rest of your life.

Back