• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fan made things that are made into the game are canon?

Yeah that if a fan made video, update ETC. Made it as a update we treath it as canon even if it doesnt affect the gameplay but also is referenced in the update?

Oh also if abstractions doesnt come to this in less that a planck time or his scooby gang i will be disapointed

PD: i legally have to say that this is a joke to avoid someone to get triggered

PDD: the last part also was a joke

Fan made content isn't typically concerned canon unless would be some direct 1st party statements that say otherwise. Even if it's DLC fan service, that isn't logically canon by default.

This really is a case by case afaik. Generally speaking the answer is no, but depending on the level of integration into the story, I think exceptions could be made. For example, Killing Floor 2 has a number of fan-made maps, like Nuked or Elysium- but as they aren't integral to the plot or anything, nor do we have statements explicitly mentioning them as canon, I wouldn't count them. An example of a legitimate canon thing would be the Critical Role podcast for Dungeons and Dragons- Wizards of the Coast introduced the entire thing as its own setting and canonized it.

I have never played TF2 and thus don't know the specifics of your case. 'pologies.

Yeah but cosmetics exits and they are reference to that and the currincies of the update is also a reference to the promotional video

Cosmetics. Okay, yeah, I wouldn't say those are canon. There are many games that allow things like that in with little consideration to canon, nor are cosmetics even typically a canon thing to begin with.

Cosmetics. Okay, yeah, I wouldn't say those are canon. There are many games that allow things like that in with little consideration to canon, nor are cosmetics even typically a canon thing to begin with.
Cosmetics have a in universe explanation tho and the comics refer to them several times

The cosmetics in question, or just some of the cosmetics? Are you speaking specifically about the fan-made ones or just the general existence of cosmetics?

The cosmetics in question, or just some of the cosmetics? Are you speaking specifically about the fan-made ones or just the general existence of cosmetics?
Nop cosmetics in general and i am sure that fan made cosmetics were mentioned in some place in valve

Can you provide proof of these claims? The cosmetics being canon to actual lore, and that fan-made cosmetics are additionally included in that?

This seems to be a question specific to TF2, but IIRC cosmetic lore isn't canon in TF2 like Scout enrolling in high school to pick up chicks.

Also about the link you posted, I don't think I see in anything there says community made stuff is canon. But I'm very sure that there's much more interesting and useful lore than what you linked here.

Last edited:
This seems to be a question specific to TF2, but IIRC cosmetic lore isn't canon in TF2 like Scout enrolling in high school to pick up chicks.

Also about the link you posted, I don't think I see in anything there says community made stuff is canon. But I'm very sure that there's much more interesting and useful lore than what you linked here.
And why is that? Also pretty sure that scout picking chicks in a high school was just him being stupid

I'm just saying, I don't know if cosmetic lore is canon, but lore from Valve made weapons are canon. What kind of fanmade/community stuff are you talking about btw?

I'm just saying, I don't know if cosmetic lore is canon, but lore from Valve made weapons are canon. What kind of fanmade/community stuff are you talking about btw?
End of the line cosmetics as i am trying to make it official in the wiki bassed on the evidence that is mentioned, also incluids the video

Back