• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fallen London's Conceptual Manipulation

Salt is a Type 2 Concept himself, tho, and since The Dawn Machine is implied to be capable of killing him, at the very least that thing would have type 2.

And just on a neutral note, some other profile treat Type 3 as Type 2, i'll probably make a Conceptual Hunt soon

And the concept of math will be present so long as math is. That's what Type 3 entails.

You can destroy the concept of math on a Type 3 scale and I don't know what even implies you can't.

Specific concepts, like math, aren't Type 2 or 3 because of what they are. A concept falls into a type because of what interpretation of universals they go by and that type is universal to all the concepts in that conceptual framework. You can't mix them unless the verse specifically makes such a thing a part of their cosmology.

Is there anything that proves the concept of math is unbound by its objects, which would be required for a type 2 concept?

Type 3 concepts can be destroyed indirectly by destroying all objects of the concept.

Type 2 concepts aren't bound by the objects, hence the "transcending reality" part.

A way to prove it would to show that the universal in question existed before, will exist after, or can in any way exist with zero objects of it in the reality it governs.

At this point we just wait Kalt's opinion (if necessary) about this before proceding the downgrade

but if we think that it isn't necessary, we can do it now.

Math was quite literally made up by humanity in order to understand the world better.

"One plus one equals two" is a convention.

If whoever invented math said that "one plus one equals futiuy", then it would work that way.

Numbers are just a tool that we use to understand stuff that already exists, like language

@Kaltias

That is the system, not the numbers themselves. Math is objective and does not change, but we use things to describe them. It is actually extremely up for debate if math was invented or discovered. However, Fallen London points to it being an objective fact, so we should follow that it is that when discussing this verse. Erasing math ***** with even the stats that work along them, so no, they are not merely describing, but governing.

@Assalt

I wanted to point out that it's definitely not a "defaulted as type 2" sort of thing.

If it does govern reality as Iap said, I think that it should be type 3, unless there is evidence for type 2

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Concept of Time that exists all throughout 4 timelines = Type 2 concept
That's not how it works: Dialga embodies the concept of time across the multiverse, but his concpet is still considered only type 3.

That's not necessarily the case. It depends from how the concept work.

Dialga is the concept of time throughout countless timelines, and it's type 3

Edit:Dodo what are you saying and DMB ninja'd me

Oh yeah, Thanks Kalt for your help

Well, i guess Fallen london's conceptual are Type 3 now.

I'll continue my Conceptual Characters hunt another time lol

Hykuu, if you have the scans for the verse, feel free to drop them, I'll join the side of Type 2 if you have both scans and evidence.

Back