• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: X793 Gildarts Key

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So, Gildarts in X793. He doesn't have a key, and honestly, that was for a good reason. He hasn't done much of anything, but recently we've gotten a statement that could give this Gildarts a key. If you've been keeping up with 100 Years Quest, you probably know what I'm referring to:

In chapter 96, Kirin gets serious against Laxus and Laxus compares his magic power to Gildarts. Seems pretty straightforward, but there's something I need to get out of the way: that is, why this would not be X792 Gildarts.

The counterargument I could see coming is "we don't really see X793 Gildarts, so he's probably referring to his X792 version." The thing is, even if we don't see Gildarts, Laxus likely has. Gildarts was not gone during the one-year timeskip, as we see him in chapter 545 and in a flashback in the first chapter of 100YQ where he talks about the quest to Natsu. Plus, it would be way too inconsistent for this to apply to X792 Gildarts, as this puts him above Base Zeref... even though he could barely fight Ultimate Magic Form August... And if we scaled UM August to 6-A, so would Dragon Irene, and then we'd be scaling 100YQ Base Wendy to 1/100 of Dragon Form Irene, which is 7.6 teratons or 6-B, which negs the High 7-A+ Alta Face calc, yeah can you see why this would be inconsistent.

So basically, Gildarts should get an X793 key that puts him at 6-A via scaling to Kirin. Thoughts?

The fact that we pretty much... don't even see this guy for most of the sequel, makes me hesitant on giving him a key.

I guess he can get a key, but it can be subject to change in the future.

Back