• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little more info

Earth Diameter = 828px = 12,742 km

Meteor tail = 355px = 5463.055 km

Timeframes 60s, 30s, 10s.

High 60s Mach 265.451

Mid 30s Mach 530.90

High End 10s Mach 1592.71

Plus from the initial starting point of the meteor and the time it took to reach earth judging from the panels, relatively 1-5 minutes.

shonen nowadays are fond of meteors. Seriously...

I thought the meteor was small and thought City level would be an absolute high-end, so Kkapoios' calc results didn't surprise me that much.

Seriously though, we have been scaling just about anyone relevant to the plot from Jellal's Sema, right? Aside from Brandish's hax calc, all the Spriggan feats have been... disappointing

CNBA3 said:
Just a little more info

High 60s Mach 265.451

Mid 30s Mach 530.90

Plus from the initial starting point of the meteor and the time it took to reach earth judging from the panels, relatively 1-5 minutes.
Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Ok no offence to Kkapoio's calc, but the justification that the meteor is only hypersonic is dubious to me, we can't completely judge feats such as this by using their real life counterparts especially for feats like this that obviously contradict real life meteors. If we do then maybe we should go through the site and downgrade any and all meteor feats above high hypersonic based on the argument that they're meteors hence they shouldn't be as high as they are.

I'm just saying, magical lighting is not the same as real lighting right? So I don't see why a meteor whether it be imbued with magic or chakra or anything comparable should be the same as a regular meteor

Ok browsed through the blog, it was informative.

Ok fair enough using real life counterparts is the safest route, but if only to satiate my curiosity is it possible to put in actual calcs that show that it isn't contradictory cause in all honesty just looking at the feat alone is enough to make it seem as though ur calc is "low balling"(did I use that right?) the meteors actual speed.

I wouldn't exactly said it is lowballing the meteor's speed especially since we don't know the distance the meteor travel in or how much distance the meteor covered with the time frame especially if it was a assumed timeframe, @David. It is possible, but only if it isn't contradictory.

Why you try to scaling speed of meteor by using standart meteor speed? That meteor is overcome thousands of kilometres by few (max 10-15) seconds. So it must be at least MHS to MHS+ speed. Even if sizes of that meteor is not large with this speed he can easily destroy more than normal meteor

@Scarlet Firefly,

Irene meteor calc
This image was meant to go with the calc I put up there.

Just a little more info

High 60s Mach 265.451

Mid 30s Mach 530.90

This looks to be the case for me also. That meteor looked very fast. It was "created" when Erza had her face tothe ground. When it entered the atmosphere and Erza noticed it, her face was centimeters above the ground. That's seconds at best.

I'm not talking about the length of the tail. I'm talking about the diameter of the tail asif it was a cylinder. No way Chicxulub had a tail that was ten thousand's of kilometers in diameter.

Is the meteor traveled 5463 km with a max speed of 17000m/s, that gives a time of 5 minutes. It's doesn't look at all like 5 minutes have passed considering they are mid-dialogue.

You are simply making wanky assumptions to make this an upgrade.If you don't have a proven timeframe then don't expect an upgrade.

Even assuming the highest speed of a meteor 72 km/s (which is mach 210, pretty close to the "low" end assumption) the result would still be 21 Megatons.

I'm done with this.

That meteor was coming down pretty fast though. It looks nothing like 5 minutes tbh. Where did 5 minutes come from again?

Five minutes would be the timeframe it would've been moving at with the speed Kka used for the meteor AFAIK.

If we use the 72km/s for the meteor, and the distance traveled is 5463 km, we get a 5 min time of travelling.

11 km/s is the average speed of meteors, I believe. So it moving that distance with that speed would be around 5 minutes.

The distance between Eartland and the meteor, the time it took in 3 panels to reach earth with no mid dialogue.

Darkanine said:
11 km/s is the average speed of meteors, I believe. So it moving that distance with that speed would be around 5 minutes.
Wouldn't it be around 8 minutes with the 5400km distance, if we use the 11km/s?

So using the average speed, we get 8 minutes. Using the high end speed, we get 5 minutes. I find it very hard to believe they were standing around for 5 minutes or more when Irene cast the meteor, especially considering they are mid-dialogue, and a pretty short one at that.

@Kkapoios

Irene's sema was stated to be stronger tha Jellal's sema, which if pulled from space would be 348 megatons.

Calculation from Marimo

"1365/117*2000 km = 23334 km circumference

23334/3.14 = 7431.2 km diameter (low-end)

Planet mass =
2.029E+24 kg

Meteor Velocity = sqrt((2*6.674*10^-11*2.029E+24)/((7431.2/2)*1000)) = 8537.6 m/s

Meteor Mass = 40031523552 kg

Kinetic Energy = 0.5*40031523552*8537.6^2 = 1458961160726587637.76 J

1458961160726587637.76 J =
348 Megatons"

Hence Irene's Deus Sema should be Atleast Small Island Level likely Island Level

And if we see next chapter Erza totally stops/destroys the meteor, then Erza would have to be above MHS/+ with her surpassing newtons third laws of physics, every action has a equal and opposite reaction.

@DocAnimeTheory you are just inflating the result to insane and ridiculous levels.

@CNBA3 I'm pretty that's not how the law works. It's for force, not for speed. Is like Punch a wall at 6 m/s, with your logic, the wall moves at Normal Human speed.

@CNBA3 We don't find speed using kinetic energy because every character with City level stats and above would be upgraded to Relativistic+ which would contradict the showing.So Attack Potency and Speed are treated as they are irrelevant from each other when it comes in fiction.

@DocAnimeTheory What you wrote makes no sense.

Also 348 Megatons if simply Mountain level, not even close to Small Island level.

Also by the end of the chapter the meteor hasn't even reached the ground (that's like 8 pages) and there is dialogue after Irene summoned it.So all this "the meteor crossed the entire thing before anyone said anything and only in a couple of pannels" is c***.

CNBA3 said:
@Scarlet Firefly,
Irene meteor calc
This image was meant to go with the calc I put up there.

Just a little more info

High 60s Mach 265.451

Mid 30s Mach 530.90

but the meteor started from a way larger distance than what you're using https://yonkouprod.com/reader/read/fairy-tail/en/0/518/page/14

the earth looked so small when we saw the meteor for the first time means the distance is much greater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back