• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Spoiler chapter 489!!!

NotEvenHuman said:
Zeref wasn't serious, but Natsu still did enough damage to be scaled.
Because Zeref wasent protecting himself...and again he managed to do that with Igbeels power something he cant use anymore.

Trinimac15 said:
NotEvenHuman said:
Zeref wasn't serious, but Natsu still did enough damage to be scaled.
Because Zeref wasent protecting himself...and again he managed to do that with Igbeels power something he cant use anymore.
The thing is, he was protecting himself. That's why Natsu has a huge-ass scar across his face now.

And he did that with a combination of Igneel's power and FDKM. He can still use FDKM.

Natsu can damage Zeref only because his cheat - Igneel Mark with his power of the dead. Also Zeref was not be serious. I don't think that Natsu with usual FDKM can injured him

The thing is, he was protecting himself. That's why Natsu has a huge-ass scar across his face now.

And he did that with a combination of Igneel's power and FDKM. He can still use FDKM.

Only at first he was more like testing Natsu...than when he went BDKM he let Natsu hit him.

He can use FDKM but just not as powerful as it was sense Igneels power was a 1 time upgrade.

I still don't believe that they should stay 7-B. The power difference is not that large. Brandish doesn't even know that Natsu fought Zeref himself. She's just made an assumption of that. Besides, Natsu is strong enough to eat August's attack.

A speedblitz doesn't exactly mean that God Serena can't be Country level. Otherwise, we should start demoting other characters who got speedblitz in the same series.

LordLuminous said:
I still don't believe that they should stay 7-B. The power difference is not that large. Brandish doesn't even know that Natsu fought Zeref himself. She's just made an assumption of that. Besides, Natsu is strong enough to eat August's attack.
Yeah.... so? It doesn't matter that Natsu fought Zeref. He was still scared af when August transformed. It's already been proven, multiple times, that heat based attacks are useless against Natsu. So i don't see why that matters.

Also, it's not the speedblitz that negates GS's chances of being 6-B. It's the one-shot.

7-B is pre time skip lvls

Imo

Regular spriggan = 7-A

August and Irene are already set

Acnologia at least what Irene is likely higher. He doesn't even need to be scaled to her. Her feat proves he destroyed the country in his prime with one shot.

While i do agree that most of the current high tiers should be around 7-A, we don't have any feats to prove it. So no upgrade for them.

Yeah.... so? It doesn't matter that Natsu fought Zeref. He was still scared af when August transformed. It's already been proven, multiple times, that heat based attacks are useless against Natsu. So i don't see why that matters.

Also, it's not the speedblitz that negates GS's chances of being 6-B. It's the one-shot.

Fear? Where? http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/489/3466/5

That's not the face of fear on Natsu. Lucy's face is more of fear. Natsu's face is more of anger because of what Mest did.

http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/489/3466/6

This is also not the face of fear. He's protecting Lucy from advancing toward Brandish because he realized August was going to attack them.

Where is this "fear" everyone keeps talking about?

I brought that up because previously, Natsu couldn't eat Zancrow's flame because he wasn't strong enough. That means Natsu could have been able to stand atleast a decent chance at just fighting with August.

Yeah, and that oneshot has nothing to do with GS being 6-B. That's speed. That's why Acno won. Cobra did some similar attack to Brain. That kind of strike is meant to kill in this series.

True we need something to scale from like Natsus FDK form I'd say the bald dude surviving it should be 7-A while it was gonna kill Zeref since its from a soul and has soul manipulation or something

And again guys what about Igneel (and by extension FDK Natsu) since he managed to rip off Acnologia's arm? If Acno is at least 6-B or even High 6-B, then to hurt him that badly Igneel had to be way stronger than 7-A, at the very least he had to be 6-C in that fight.

Igneel also gets scaled. That's obvious.

We can't scale Natsu to Igneel, because he only had a small portion of Igneel's power left in him.

Even though that small portion matched Zeref and was able to damage him - possibly kill him? BDKM Mode Natsu and Zeref should also scale. We scaled Natsu to Zeref, who scales to Irene and August.

LordLuminous said:
Even though that small portion matched Zeref and was able to damage him - possibly kill him? BDKM Mode Natsu and Zeref should also scale. We scaled Natsu to Zeref, who scales to Irene and August.
Yes, we're scaling Natsu and Zeref to Irene. Goodyfresh said that we should scale Natsu to Igneel, which is not really something we should do. Sure, the tiers would end up the same, but it would give the impression that Natsu with Igneel's power is = Igneel, which is not true at all.

Well, I doubt it matters. Igneel didn't have much of his strength against Acnologia (supposedly). They're on the same tier (High 6-B) now anyways. Not really much need for a debate. I mean we could argue whether FDKM Natsu would even match Weakened Igneel, but no point.

So, if Fiore is a very large country, how big is the continent of Ishgar? Food for thought. Probably a Large Continent size. Who knows.

NotEvenHuman said:
LordLuminous said:
Yes, we're scaling Natsu and Zeref to Irene. Goodyfresh said that we should scale Natsu to Igneel, which is not really something we should do. Sure, the tiers would end up the same, but it would give the impression that Natsu with Igneel's power is = Igneel, which is not true at all.

Oh no, sorry, I did not ever mean to imply that FDK Natsu was actually Igneel's equal! Haha. I was thinking that if Igneel was about 6-B (with Acno at High 6-B) when he fought Acnologia, then FDK Natsu was maybe something like 6-C. With the special power that since his flames are "the resolve of the dead," they can kill a being like Zeref with the Curse of Ankhseram.

Actually guys I just realized something. Do we really know that Zeref is the same tier as these other guys when it comes to attack-potency and durability? The main reason he is feared, after-all, is his Immortality and Death Manipulation hax. What evidence do we have that Zeref's physical destructive capability would scale to 6-B like these other guys? For that matter, wouldn't he HAVE to be below 6-B if FDK Natsu Was only something like 6-C to Low 6-B but was able to kill him? Guys, I think Zeref and Fire Dragon King Natsu might only be 6-C or something thereabout, but the reason Zeref is still "beyond" characters like Irene and August is due to being able to kill them despite their tier.

"Do we really know that Zeref is the same tier as these other guys when it comes to attack-potency and durability?"

He has to be, since he has to be able to put down August or Irene if they try to move on their own accord and disobey him or move out of line. Zeref admits it's hard to control them sometimes, but he has to be greater than them, otherwise, why would they listen to him? They're super powerful, why listen to orders when you can do whatever you want, right?

Besides, I think you are overanalyzing it now. Just because all of them are High 6-B doesn't change the fact that one is stronger than the other. Naruto is portrayed on an equal level to Sasuke despite Sasuke losing to Naruto. That doesn't mean they aren't on the same tier.

@Goodyfresh The point you make about Zeref being as strong as Irene or August in AP is actually something that has been on my mind for a long time now, but we don't really have enough information to reach a conclusion.

For now, i just assume he really is stronger than them, because August said that Zeref might have a chance of beating Acno with Fairy Heart, and i just can't see FH making his death hax more effective.

I think for now it's best to just put FDK Natsu to unknown instead, since we can't just guessing his ability without proper feats, btw for anyone that will being scaled to irene(except for anco and igneel)how about their durability?

Well, for one thing, the translation of the chapter is not out yet, so we will have to wait for a while.

For the second, if Eileen indeed performed a High 6-B level feat, the first question is whether we should count it as a hax, or as actual attack potency.

If we do count it as AP, we can probably start to use Brandish's 6-C feat again, and then the second question is which characters that we should scale by each of the feats?

Eileen,August,Zeref,mavis, and Acnologia, btw FDK Natsu is not counted since zeref is not fight him seriously, kinda like how we not scaled ichigo to yhwach.

But is Irenes Magic realy a good Attack??

I mean no one get Injured by here Magic.

Its like Kaguya who cretead new Dimension and Teleport them.

I think a Upgrade too low 6b is the best at the Moment,we dont now how strong here Attacks are.

The Same too August,Zeref and Acnologia.

For Natsu we Waiting too end and can him Upgrade.

The other Spriggan lvl is good,no T7a because no one from them Show Mountain lvl Dura or Attack.

I mean see Jacob or Ninehart,two guys with very low Dura,i dont think they have Mountain lvl feat.

So its okay so,all Spriggan City lvl is good.^^

Destroying a dimension with planets and stars isn't comparable to warping a country bad comparison...

I think Acnologia should be high 6-B by his own country feat which should be credible now it'd be easier to scale August and Zeref to Irene since they know the spell she used and Acnologia didn't

Other Spriggans lack feats but they should be around 7-A/6-C by scaling I hardly doubt Hiro knows anything bout hax and raw power

It just me who think different ways? Irene can be large country lvl,possibly higher with hax...for some reason i don't want to post

I hardly doubt Hiro knows anything bout hax and raw power

So much this^. Hiro believes that power=impressive attacks with cool positioning and execution accompanied by very good art.

One more thing. Spriggans are too low. There is immense difference between 6B and 7B. All the Spriggans, excluding Irene and August, are of equal power to Brandish and Brandish can casually manipulate the mass of an entire Island. All Spriggans are at this lvl, no matter the showings or the feats. Hiro specifically said that they are all the same. So scaling should apply to every FT character that defeated a Spriggan.

Natsu with Igneel's power, should be scaled to Zeref. Zeref trying or not doesn't matter at all, since his physical stats don't change just the skills he uses. His durability should be the same, just as his speed and strength. In Natsu;s profile there can be a seperate stat with Igneel's power.

Natsu with Igneel's power, should be scaled to Zeref.

No, see august when he is not trying even Brandish can hurt him, when normally he probably just going to wipe her out of existence.

Brandish can hurt August anyway. What i mean with that is that her power is enough to damage August, to hurm him. Whether August is fighting back or being serious is irrelevant to the damage he gets. His body's durability will not change. If he is fighting back, then Brandish won't hurt him, because she won't get the chance. He will be able to defend himself. It's not because Brandish doesn't have the power, it's because she simply is not skilled enough to overcome August defences. Think of it this way: I can kick a boxer in the throat and kill him if he is not expecting me to hit him. Say he is sleeping and i go and stomp him neck. I will damage him. Just as i can break his nose with a punch. I have the physical strength to do that. But, in a real fight, and not in a sneak attack, the boxer will annihilate me cause he will defend himself and because he is more skilled than me. Or another example, let's say someone shoots me from behind with a gun. I will die. Now, the same guy has a gun and he shoots me, this time not from the back. Whether i try to defend myself or not is irrelevant, because if i am not able to evade the bullet or block it somehow and the bullet actually hits me, i am dead.

Sorry for the long post.

(Note: My opinion) From Irene's new feat, the rest of the Spriggan 12 should be scaled alongside August, Acnologia, BDKM Natsu, and Zeref.

It should be certain that atleast those 5 get upgraded. The Spriggan 12 and anyone they've clashed with are up for debate.

@Panemorfos, So you mean August dura is only island level? since he not gonna get bigger dura is he can get hurt by island level attack by any means, since an ant not gonna to kick a boxer in the throat and kill him even if that boxer alowed that ant to do so, and what I mean is kinda like how Ki work in DB, where a weaker opponent can hurt the stronger one if he allowed(basically by lowering his own power) or not focus.

Yeap, that's what i am saying. I believe that August's durability is lower than his attack potency, simply because his attack potency comesfrom his magic power, while his durability comes from his body. It's only natural that a blade would pierce his body. August's defensive magic, like barriers, can probably take a lot more powerful hits than his body.

Also, yes, obviously an ant won't kick a boxer in the throat and kill him, but a human can. And Brandish is as much a human as August is.

LordLuminous said:
(Note: My opinion) From Irene's new feat, the rest of the Spriggan 12 should be scaled alongside August, Acnologia, BDKM Natsu, and Zeref.
It should be certain that atleast those 5 get upgraded. The Spriggan 12 and anyone they've clashed with are up for debate.
Natsu with his Blaze Dragon King Mode is fine at mountain lvl, or a bit higher. His version with Igneel's power should be scaled to Zeref.

Back