• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy tail dragons speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed a minute is still a lowball and going 5 minutes is just ridiculous considering the speed they had to go to stop it before any of them going off at all it's more like a High End Calc would be 30 seconds and a lowball would be a minute

Happy stated "They are disappearing one after another", meaning that there must have been at least a small gap between each being destroyed--otherwise why wouldn't he say "All of them are being destroyed at once"? It doesn't really matter since the time-frame can only be guessed for each frame.

Alakabamm said:
I don't accept 1 minute as even close to the timeframe, There is nothing there which implies seconds. The fact that Happy says "one after the other" and that there are 3000 Faces even suggest that they could only do a couple faces per second, max.

So if I was really generous, 3000/12 (3 for each dragon per second) = 250 seconds = 4 minutes 10 seconds

Basically the low end.
This seems reasonable to me, with the exception that it would have to be adjusted to 2000 faces. So, which of the two calculation methods that CHILLVIBEZZ linked to do you prefer?

3x4=12, which is what he divided by, if I understood correctly.

Only problem would be the fact that he divided it by 3 dragons while there was 4 .I can agree with it besides however.

Nvm I deleted once I knew he actually calculated the marks part.But yeah just revising to 4 dragons and 13 instead of 12 as shown should do.My bad for the confusion there.

Hfhfdgdg said:
Happy stated "They are disappearing one after another", meaning that there must have been at least a small gap between each being destroyed--otherwise why wouldn't he say "All of them are being destroyed at once"? It doesn't really matter since the time-frame can only be guessed for each frame.
The problem is if happy say that then we might just considerable to upgrade their speed to infinity or something, because each of the dragon is clearly can't be at many place at once to destroy many face at once.

Massively Hypersonic flight speed, not movement speed.

Antvasima said:
Massively Hypersonic flight speed, not movement speed.

anyway it's Massively Hypersonic speed (I don't know about his reaction speed but at least must be pretty good to keep up with his speed) is supposed to be pretty good for him to notice that the face is was destroy one after another? especially not all of the face is close together some of them is really far away like the one that Grandeeney destroy?

you cant compare movement speed with reaction and / or combat speed

usain bolt is the uncontested fastest runner

yet he cant throw more punches than jacky chan or dream of blocking them

And this is just flight speed. Happy has never been shown as particularly swifter than a regular human in movement speed or reactions as far as I am aware, and he was talking at a normal pace when noting that the faces were being destroyed.

It was 3000 faces Ant, the leader of the guild controlling them confirmed it. The 2000 number comes from a rough magic council estimation in the field.

Okay then. Would you be willing to inspect the two calculations, pick out the best method, and post a blog calculation for this?

The HST all have flight speed feats and are considered both movement and flight . It shouldn't be labeled flight only.

We currently try to make a distinction between the movement speed and movement speed of characters in this wiki unless they are stated or shown to be equivalent. In the case of Happy, he is generally shown to be below regular humans as far as I am aware.

I would appreciate if you would immediately permanently drop this subject. We are not going to multiply Happy's perception and talking speed by hundreds of times to unreasonably boost the dragons.

Happy uses magic to fly that's not his actual flight speed to begin with.And I wasn't aware of the speed project you guys were planning on doing since the ap thing was just done and all .I will drop this but I was never planning on unreasonably boosting the dragons from happy that'd be ridiculous and he's a gag character as well anyways im done with this.

Well, Alakabamm still needs to do the calculation as a blog post, but I suppose that it is better to discuss it there, rather than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back