• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: All Purpose Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
So yeah, this is an all purpose revision for Fairy Tail, I'm just gonna go over a bunch of unrelated things that need to be addressed

1. Zeref and Mavis should get Immortality Negation, for being able to kill each other via Love, despite both being Immortals

2. In X792, Jellal's Meteor should scale to FTL+, based on how he can consistently keep up with Pre-SBT Dragon Acnologia

3. This is a big one, but we need to separate Lucy's stats. Most of Lucy's feats in X784-X791 are based on feats performed by Loke and Aquarius, her two strongest spirits that blatantly outscale herself, so we need to distinguish this. Base Lucy can take attacks from people like Juvia, Bickslow, Kain, Minerva, and Hades Form Franmalth, but she is still portrayed to be overall far weaker than them. Most of the time, Lucy's Spirits like Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Virgo, Saggitarus, etc. are consistently portrayed to be taken out in 1-2 hits by people who are on Base Natsu's level and are physically comparable to Base Lucy. Base Lucy and her Weaker Spirits can't hurt people like Octopus Byro or Kain, meanwhile Natsu can easily tango with these guys and outclass them. So in X784, Base Lucy and her Weaker Spirits should backscale to Baseline Low 7-B and be 1 Megaton while Loke and Aquarius keep their 2.6 Megaton rating for scaling to the characters they currently scale to. In X791, this is mostly the same, with everyone pretty handily beating Lucy when it comes to her weaker Spirits, however Loke can match Base Torafuzar and Aquarius can overpower Base Jackal pretty easily. So X791 Base Lucy and her Weaker Spirits should either backscale to Baseline 7-B and be 6.3 Megatons, or we just scale her to Base Jackal. The issue with fully scaling her to Base Jackal is that her weaker Spirits have no feats against Base Jackal and her only feats are basically just surviving multiple of explosions, so I'll let you decide that.

4. Now as we know, Wendy in X784 is practially the same in this regard, with her constantly portrayed as weaker than Base Natsu level people, but still able to somewhat keep up with them in terms of power. We know she scales to Lucy's Weaker Spirits considering how both were able to destroy a Nirvana Lacrima, as well as hurt nerfed Hades and perform a Unison Raid, which requires balanaced power, so X784 Wendy gets downgraded as well. Juvia in X791 is stated to be equal to Aquarius, so she scales to Base Torafuzar level people off of that. However some may say that "Wait, doesn't this mean that Sherria would scale to this level as well? Doesn't that create issues?". Well it turns out that Juvia didn't use her magic at all against Sherria in their little 1v1, and so Sherria doesn't have any major feats against Juvia that actually puts her right on that level. Now Sherria does manage to block a Shotgun from Gray and Juvia, however that feat is simply an outlier, Sherria in no regard should be scaling above Base Gray level folks, so yeah. Now this means that in X791, Base Wendy gets downgraded as well. She has basically no valid or noteworthy scaling to any of the major 7-B characters, so this means that Base Wendy just scales above Max, who at this time, scales above X784 Base Natsu, so X791 Base Wendy gets downgraded to 2.6 Megatons.

So yeah, sorry for the poor CRT quality, I'm just kinda exhausted today

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. X784 downgrade is fine, although I have a few concerns about X791 Lucy:

3A. Aquarius didn't really overpower Jackal since she said she couldn't keep him at bay forever and he was powering through her attack.

3B. Jackal should scale above the combined attack of DF Sting and Rogue (15.6 megatons) due to doing more damage to Natsu than the combined DF attack, although I think Lucy and weaker spirits should backscale to baseline 7-B since she got stomped by Base Jackal.

3C. On a related note, Urano Metria should scale above Base Natsu for one-shotting base jackal when Base Natsu couldn't.

4. Are you sure Juvia didn't use magic against Sherria? If there's proof then I'll agree to the Sherria downgrade and Juvia upgrade.

Points 2, 3 and 4 work, and about 3, I think scaling Lucy to baseline 7-B is better.

Regarding the first, it seems more of a mechanic of the curse, rather than a power, and it manifested only when two bearers of the same curse interacted.
Well it’s a very specific application of the curse, but it should be worth mentioning
3B. Jackal should scale above the combined attack of DF Sting and Rogue (15.6 megatons) due to doing more damage to Natsu than the combined DF attack, although I think Lucy and weaker spirits should backscale to baseline 7-B since she got stomped by Base Jackal.
Natsu was never hit by Sting and Rogue’s Unison Raid, so Natsu took zero damage from it, also the way Jackal’s power works makes it bypass conventional durability to an extent, so this isn’t an accurate comparison
4. Are you sure Juvia didn't use magic against Sherria? If there's proof then I'll agree to the Sherria downgrade and Juvia upgrade.
Juvia never uses a single water spell on Sherria
I may be misremembering but strictly speaking didn't this only send Mavis into a near-death / catatonic state? She didn't truly die because she was still alive later in the series when she was freed from Fairy Heart.
The curse kills her and Zeref later in the story for real

Urano Metria should still scale above Base Natsu for one-shotting Base Jackal which Natsu in base could not do.

Not sure about immortality negation since it never really killed Mavis in that scan you used and the fact that it's apart of their curses, so at best I'd suggest adding it but with a "Non-Combat applicable." to it.

The rest is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back