• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: 5-B Alta Face

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Yeah, I'm doing this. Alta Face recently got a profile that puts it at "At least High 6-A, likely far higher" based on a calc and the "far higher" being from a statement. I'd like to expand on that statement because I've been re-reading 100 Years Quest and Alta Face is pretty blatantly 5-B. Let's get into it.

I've got four scans to show off. There's this one, which is already linked on Alta Face's profile. Pretty straightforward, as Alta Face is literally saying it can destroy Elentir by flooding it with magic power. We get this statement again, this time from Selene, who would know what would happen as she's causing Alta Face to have the free will to do this. Again, pretty straightforward. The next two are from the priestess, who would be very knowledgeable about all of Elentir. First, we have her panicking about Elentir as a whole disappearing due to Alta Face. Lastly, we have her again explaining the situation to Team Natsu, where she explains that Elentir will be destroyed completely by an explosion caused by the excess magic power.

Overall, I believe it's pretty concrete that Alta Face has the power to destroy Elentir, which would net it a 5-B rating, and I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Yeah I agree, Alta Face as a whole is 5-B, he is the source of all magic power in Elentir and its constantly said that the magic power of Elentir is so vast that it constantly needs to be erased or else the planet will explode and be erased

This doesn’t scale to anyone yet, so no one get their nickers in a pinch, this would only scale to Alta Face for now

Yeah I agree, Alta Face as a whole is 5-B, he is the source of all magic power in Elentir and its constantly said that the magic power of Elentir is so vast that it constantly needs to be erased or else the planet will explode and be erased

This doesn’t scale to anyone yet, so no one get their nickers in a pinch, this would only scale to Alta Face for now
Yeah, agreed. If this were to be accepted, I'd suggest waiting for future chapters before any scaling comes up.

Surface level destruction obviously

jk I agree but still think we should wait until the fight concludes before proceeding

The thing hasn’t even done anything yet. Not only that but we don’t even know if it’s 1 blow or overtime

Y’all seriously need to wait
Well it was said Elentir would be destroyed in an explosion so clearly it’s one shot

I’m fine with waiting, I agree that as a whole, his magic power is 5-B, but his main body and the individual hands likely don’t fully scale to that 5-B power as it is spread out through out the entire planet

Like his punches shouldn’t be 5-B realistically

I’m fine with waiting, I agree that as a whole, his magic power is 5-B, but his main body and the individual hands likely don’t fully scale to that 5-B power as it is spread out through out the entire planet

Like his punches shouldn’t be 5-B realistically
Doesn’t magic power often correlate with striking strength, though? I don’t remember if that was always the case.

Doesn’t magic power often correlate with striking strength, though? I don’t remember if that was always the case.
I mean yeah, when a person puts all of their power in a punch, but Alta Face has all of his magic power currently spread out across the entire planet in many different forms, kinda like how Dragon Cry separated it’s power into trillions of magic circles

I agree with Mitch, it's more likely a sort of environmental destruction feat, as Alta Face is spreading its own power.

It might be legit 5-B if it was to contain that power, but we don't even know if it would be able to do it.

I agree with Mitch, it's more likely a sort of environmental destruction feat, as Alta Face is spreading its own power.

It might be legit 5-B if it was to contain that power, but we don't even know if it would be able to do it.
Alta Face itself is the source of Elentir’s magic power, so I don’t see how Environmental Destruction would be accurate.

Anyways, I think it’s been agreed by people that have taken part in this thread that we should wait for more chapters.

I think we should wait and see not that i disagree. And i don't think it is gonna be multiple explosion and just one. Nothing implies multiple explosion and were told just an explosion

Alta Face AP should be at least Moon level. Didn't the calc that was hilariously lowballed and still got 16 exa-tons get accepted?

It considered 50 hands we see on panels when there should be like 20,000x more hands because they exist throughout the planet surface

5B would be with some effort and building up power

Wait... is Alta Face being 5B after charging up power being debated?

It was stated to go out in a Giant explosion so many times that I'm lowkey bored hearing about it.

It can output far far more energy than 16 Exa-tons at once with its current magic power.

Alta Face itself is the source of Elentir’s magic power, so I don’t see how Environmental Destruction would be accurate.

Anyways, I think it’s been agreed by people that have taken part in this thread that we should wait for more chapters.
It is the source of magic that naturally flows in Elentir, but we don't know if it can focus all that magic into itself or for single attacks, and it still requires time in order to destroy the planet.
Also, if Alta Face creates magic and scatters it all over the world, it doesn't mean it normally possesses or stores the same amount of magic within itself; it might be possible that Alta Face naturally generates high quantities of magic and freeds them on the planet, and now it's just doing it to a much higher rate.

The source by itself can still output at least 16 exa-tons of power (far higher in fact) considering all the hands are originated from the source as we see they're connected to it. The required magic power must have been supplied by the source

I know we're not going to scale anyone to Face yet, but I'm fairly certain that once we see Alta Face in action it'll scale to Selene, and thus it'll also scale to Suzaku and the Dragon Gods.

I feel like we could use the number of hands in the 16 exa calc, and divide the yield by said number of hands to get each individual hand’s AP. Which may be more relevant to the upcoming fight.

I feel like we could use the number of hands in the 16 exa calc, and divide the yield by said number of hands to get each individual hand’s AP. Which may be more relevant to the upcoming fight.
There are 47 hands, so if it were split equally, it’d be 345.5 petatons per hand.

Back