• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important announcements for our community

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Head Bureaucrat
Bureaucrat
Administrator
An announcement about Imgur:

Given our recent problems with Imgur-hosted comicbook scans disappearing, here is the advice that I have received regarding how to minimise these risks, but I do not know for certain if it is accurate:

1) Being logged in with an anonymous account to Imgur when uploading images there significantly reduces the risk of having them deleted later.

2) Imgur also allegedly breaks private links at some point. So if we make them public they likely turn visible again.

3) Directly linking to the images may bypass the 404 error messages.

I have talked with a Fandom staff member about hosting comicbook and manga scans in our wiki instead, but he told me that this would make us vulnerable to copyright complaints, so we likely have to choose the least bad option, which seems to be to continue with Imgur, and to also always use source references for the scans in combination with using them in our wiki, preferably by including page numbers in addition to the specific issue, so the scans can easily be found again if an image link turns inactive.

Properly written discussion thread tags:

All discussion thread tags are required to match the titles of our corresponding wiki pages and to not use # or @ in the beginning, so discussion threads about a character or verse can easily be found by clicking on the "Discussions" links near the bottom of our wiki pages.

Do not ever lend access to your accounts to other people here, especially not banned members:

This will be registered as overlaps/sockpuppetry by our forum, and as such may lead to bans, in lack of other options, as it is hard for you to prove that you are different people afterwards.

Translation Helper applications:

Given that most of our current translation helpers seem to be inactive regarding translation requests, we need members who are highly knowledgeable/fluent in Japanese or/and Chinese to continuously help out with the following discussion thread. Doing so competently and regularly will lead to Translation Helper staff positions if you inform me or @AKM sama about it.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/official-translation-requests-thread-new-forum.107531/

A new wiki template called "Border".

We have introduced a new template called Border, designed to replace the use of <div> tags for adding borders. From now on, please use the Border template when adding borders to any content. This is what we mean by bordered content:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Just_a_Random_Butler/BorderTest2

This template streamlines the styling process, making it more efficient and user-friendly. It provides a cleaner, more customisable, and a more consistent experience across pages by eliminating the need for inline CSS, which can be cumbersome and inconsistent when used. With clear options for customization, it simplifies editing without complex code.

For instructions on how to use the template and its parameters, please visit this page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Standard_Format_for_Border_Template

A new rule violations subforum:

Previously, all rule violation reports have been handled in the thread below, where both the report, the accused's defense, and the staff deliberation regarding the matter are public:

https://www.vsbattles.com/threads/rule-violation-reports-new-forum.107529/

A new subforum has been created for the purpose of handling rule violation reports that pertain to matters sensitive enough that handling them publicly would be inappropriate. The new subforum is titled "Private Rule Violations Reports" and can be found on the forum homepage beneath the "FC/OC VS Battles" section.

Any member can make a thread in this sub-forum, but only the author and site administrators are able to see all threads. The accused can also be added to the thread in order to provide a defense, and the punitive outcomes of such threads will still be announced publicly to maintain transparency.

From this point forward reports involving off-site conduct, as well as reports regarding sensitive topics such as bigotry or criminal conduct, should be made in the new private sub-forum.

https://vsbattles.com/forums/private-rule-violation-reports.36/

Last edited:
yeah, i’ve noticed the Imgur issue while searching for old scans.

regarding the TL helper stuff,it’s been about a few days since the last update im pretty sure, but you said AKM would assign the position to me and another user. is there something that one of you are waiting on?

Back