• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extreme cringe.

Well, PreCure had never been in the US before the Glitter Force dub. There was an English dub of Futari wa Pretty Cure, but it only aired in the UK (and I think also Australia but I don't really remember).

Doesen't change the fact they changed way too much about it. If it's a dub all they should change is what language it's in. They turned it into G3 MLP.

Soldier Blue said:
4Kids. Oh merciful Ones of Mortis.
Yeah, each good series they touched they turned them into a cringefest without meanings. The first Pokémon movie actually had a reason about the final scene, which was not say that war is bad like 4kids wanted, but that clones and normal Pokémon were the same and fighting and crying was to show thay they both had life and Mewtwo was not an overconfident generic bad guy, but someone who wanted to know himself, the others and find his place in the world, they turned Yu-Gi-Oh into a children card show/game when the Jap Version still targets to more mature audience like the dark manga, they added water guns to characters, a lolipop to Sanji and ruined Mihawk sword and arcs [Through their version could have said that Ace was put in a prison], removed Tails and a lot other characters development and deaths in Sonic X [Sonic says that Piccolo is a Saiya], changed a lot of meaning of Winx, heavily censored and cancelled the F-Zero Anime, gave dumb english names Anzu to Tea for ex, made some characters more powerful by saying that Zorc created the silly Low 2-C Shadow Realm or saying that Kirby has a 3-A scepter [When the Jap version never mention this], gave a glowing orbs instead of halos in Dragon Ball Z, made some black skinned characters white, turned Popo blue, forced shipping, changed wine to water, invisible guns, food, woman clothes, cleavage, changed the beatyful japonese ost of series with anticlimatic music and etc.

Hitting your pinkie toe on a corner

Stepping on a plug

YouTube diss tracks

2013 bottom text memes

People who say swag and yolo

Finding a ******* rusty screw in your salad at a restaurant

Js250476 said:
Was the Digimon dub that bad?
I think they're pretty good for what they are. They're honestly a lot more entertaining than the Sub, which at its worst can be pretty damn boring and forgettable. For better or worse, the dubs have countless memorable scenes and quotes. Granted, not all scenes are memorable for being "good". Apocalymo went from a legitimately serious (but boring) villain in the Sub to an endlessly quotable joke in the Dub.

The voice acting in the dub is hit or miss, but I think the main cast does a generally good job. Of course, like with all shows, they get better as the series goes on. By the time of "Digimon: The Movie" I honestly think Joshua Seth mastered the role of Tai. Seriously, his deliveries can be bone-chilling or hilarious given the context of the scene ("Our War Game" was a great blend of humor and suspenseful action).

The VA for the Digimon themselves were all very well done, each Digimon had a very distinct voice that just fits. Tentomon, Agumon, Gabumon, none of them sound human, but their voices are perfect for the roles. Although, as a Jak fanatic, Palmon being voiced by Keira Hagai is distracting.

The dub soundtrack is incredibly bizarre, yet surprisingly enjoyable in it's own way. "Hey Digimon", "DigiRap" and "I'm Going Digital" are all catchy, up beat tracks and "I AM THE ONE" I think is genuinely better than "With the Will", the Sub equivalent.

So sounds like a bit of a mix bag to me which is more then I can say for other dubs cough 4Kids cough, just one more jab for one day

I think that Digimon is a lot more serious and better in sub, Pokerap is as bad as Digirap and they gave Sanji Big the Cat voice. I have heard people currently say that Misty [Kasumi] has still feelings for Ash [Satoshi] when in the original version they never had feelings for eachother also she initially constantly slapped him, which was censored like Mai and Joey, lastly the changed Jap Dio Voice for Arkana [Pandora] to a less serious clowny one and etc. Note: Yami Malik is better in sub.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Those 12 year olds that somehow miss the 90s
Well they were years filled with a lot Oav and series with a good story, scaling, meanings and etc, but also the 80's anime were not bad eather since it was the start of unleashing fantasy through anime. Today the big anime gems seems to be far lower than those years.

ZeedMillenniummon89 said:
And also 4kids only dubbed the first season of Ojamajo Doremi and not the rest
Like for Tokyo Mew Mew and F-Zero, which made a lot of people wondering how the series continued and ended.

Back