• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explanation Pages reorganisation (Important: Help needed)

He's back now. @Dereck03
Has an entire project been paused just because I wasn't here? What if I never came back? Holy....

First of all, I compiled all the blog posts that qualified as Explanation pages/Cosmology blogs, obviously more may have been added over time, but just a quick glance at what they say should be converted, turn out to be simple compilations of feats, abilities, etc. and the main goal of this thread was Explanation pages/Cosmology blogs.
At the moment only the explanation pages/cosmology blogs should be moved to regular pages, there are still more blogs, but they are compilations of feats or explanation of some character, etc. There are also other blogs that explain aspects of X cosmology, but there are too many of them and I don't know if they would qualify.
Also I am already dealing with another mass edit project, also actually there are a lot of content moderators that can help with this project, it's not just me who always should be in charge of the projects.

someone has not learned the ways of the staff yet, I think

If you don't care about the project, much of its purpose has been filled out and completed. It's not as though the wiki will experience any significant meltdown as a result of a handful of blogs existing as blogs and not pages. Finishing it is of course desirable, if only to be consistent, but it's waited this long, obviously. It can wait.

I have some sandboxes pertaining to Devil May Cry to replace its Explanation Blogs with Explanation Pages but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to make them as such so I waited for some progress on this part.

I have some sandboxes pertaining to Devil May Cry to replace its Explanation Blogs with Explanation Pages but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to make them as such so I waited for some progress on this part.
Yes, if you are sure that it suits our Explanation page premises then you can create those pages.

Has an entire project been paused just because I wasn't here? What if I never came back? Holy....

First of all, I compiled all the blog posts that qualified as Explanation pages/Cosmology blogs, obviously more may have been added over time, but just a quick glance at what they say should be converted, turn out to be simple compilations of feats, abilities, etc. and the main goal of this thread was Explanation pages/Cosmology blogs.

Also I am already dealing with another mass edit project, also actually there are a lot of content moderators that can help with this project, it's not just me who always should be in charge of the projects.
@Shadowbokunohero @Ogurtsow @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Marvel_Champion_07 @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer

Are any of you willing to help out here as well please?

Well, we should only convert the blogs that are currently accepted and actively linked to from regular pages in the affected verses into regular explanation pages, and from when I checked some days ago, the only ones I noticed that seemed to crucially need to be compiled into an official cosmology page or several such pages, were @Executor_N0's Digimon blogs, and it is likely best if he handles that on his own.

Well, we should only convert the blogs that are currently accepted and actively linked to from regular pages in the affected verses into regular explanation pages, and from when I checked some days ago, the only ones I noticed that seemed to crucially need to be compiled into an official cosmology page or several such pages, were @Executor_N0's Digimon blogs, and it is likely best if he handles that on his own.
@Catzlaflame @IdiosyncraticLawyer

Well, if somebody properly investigates which of them that have genuinely been accepted and are currently used as references, that would obviously be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Yea I will as well^^ apologies for the hold up. Been preoccupied with refining the bot code.

KK, so barring the Digimon blogs you mentioned, I went ahead and did so for all the other blogs in the category. You were right in that 99% of them wouldn't qualify as actual explanation pages, and were just blogs that had the category; although I do believe some of them would actually meet that standard (such as the Kirby Blog, the Unsong Blog, and a couple more). For those, I turned them into pages, and switched all the relevant links. For the remaining "unofficial" blogs, I removed the Explanation Page category, so that they wouldn't appear alongside the "official" explanation pages.

I believe you can close this thread now.

@Executor_N0 Could you convert your Digimon blogs into official explanation pages?
Yes, I'm learning the standards and current editing, although someone else from my group might be able to do that before me, I'll talk with them (The complete redo will take more time, so I think I'll focus on that so I'll ask my group if someone could convert the current existing main blog).

Yes, I'm learning the standards and current editing, although someone else from my group might be able to do that before me, I'll talk with them (The complete redo will take more time, so I think I'll focus on that so I'll ask my group if someone could convert the current existing main blog).
When can this be done?

KK, so barring the Digimon blogs you mentioned, I went ahead and did so for all the other blogs in the category. You were right in that 99% of them wouldn't qualify as actual explanation pages, and were just blogs that had the category; although I do believe some of them would actually meet that standard (such as the Kirby Blog, the Unsong Blog, and a couple more). For those, I turned them into pages, and switched all the relevant links. For the remaining "unofficial" blogs, I removed the Explanation Page category, so that they wouldn't appear alongside the "official" explanation pages.
Thank you greatly for helping out. It is very appreciated. 🙏❤️
I believe you can close this thread now.
I think that it seems best to wait for Executor first.

@Executor_N0 When, exactly, will you have this done?

@Executor_N0 Could you convert your Digimon blogs into official explanation pages?
When can this be done?
@Executor_N0

@Executor_N0 This still isn't done.

Back