• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Exdeath vs the Nameless (Final Fantasy vs Anima: Beyond Fantasy)

I'll give my two cents, even if I'm quite rusty on my Anima knowledge.

John should resist High-Godly yeah. I forgot to change that when I updated his regen following High-Godly being changed a long-ass time ago. Additionally, I recall there being some WoG/errata that says he regains all of his health every turn, which would logically include Sacrifice Damage.

Also, the soul is equivalent to the concept in Anima. There's a lot of evidence for this but it doesn't seem to be a point of contention so I'll keep the explanation brief.

I know all of jack, ****, and shit about Final Fantasy but I will note that after skimming over Exdeath's page it doesn't seem like he has a way to keep John down, while John's attacks are beyond what Exdeath can regenerate from. For context on that, there is a form of damage less potent than Sacrifice Damage that I forget the name of but that directly harms the soul/concept/essence, as it is interchangeably named. Exdeath's resistance to High-Godly neg, on top of his own regen, seem to be baseline, while due to this John's are a layer above baseline.

Additionally, this shouldn't be affected by the NEP revisions. While John may end up not being nonexistent himself, there are other characters who are 100% conceptually nonexistent that he is explicitly able to harm through various means.

I'll give my two cents, even if I'm quite rusty on my Anima knowledge.

John should resist High-Godly yeah. I forgot to change that when I updated his regen following High-Godly being changed a long-ass time ago. Additionally, I recall there being some WoG/errata that says he regains all of his health every turn, which would logically include Sacrifice Damage.

Also, the soul is equivalent to the concept in Anima. There's a lot of evidence for this but it doesn't seem to be a point of contention so I'll keep the explanation brief.

I know all of jack, ****, and shit about Final Fantasy but I will note that after skimming over Exdeath's page it doesn't seem like he has a way to keep John down, while John's attacks are beyond what Exdeath can regenerate from. For context on that, there is a form of damage less potent than Sacrifice Damage that I forget the name of but that directly harms the soul/concept/essence, as it is interchangeably named. Exdeath's resistance to High-Godly neg, on top of his own regen, seem to be baseline, while due to this John's are a layer above baseline.

Additionally, this shouldn't be affected by the NEP revisions. While John may end up not being nonexistent himself, there are other characters who are 100% conceptually nonexistent that he is explicitly able to harm through various means.

this is why i felt giving exdeath his 2-A Attack potency would be better since he has far more abilities/resistances if we use that.

also based on what you said i feel like incap only would be a better victory condition

well, for one I don't think it could be added to profiles in that case. Additionally Exdeath would probably stomp? John doesn't exactly have many non-lethal means of combat and I assume killing your opponent under these rules is a loss?

well, for one I don't think it could be added to profiles in that case. Additionally Exdeath would probably stomp? John doesn't exactly have many non-lethal means of combat and I assume killing your opponent under these rules is a loss?

should i just keep the OP as it is.

or what should i do to make it better?

Unless people want to debate about more specific issues, only thing left to do is voting.
Additionally, I recall there being some WoG/errata that says he regains all of his health every turn, which would logically include Sacrifice Damage.
I most say I don't recall such statement, John is immortal, but does not have a partculary fast regen; once he "dies" (being impaled in a vulnerable spot such head or heart is enough) it will take some time to wake up again.

well, again, that is not even close to enough to actually damage him if one actually reads the lore. He has no body nor vulnerable spots, even if in gameplay terms he does despite that making negative sense.

Well, twice has been the times that he was killed by being impaled in the chest (not counting the time he tried to self-terminate), so is clearly he keeps his vitals as vulnerable points. As for John's incorporeality, perhaps you can try to convince DontTalkDT to not remove it, as is currently questioned going by the NEP revision.
should i change it to incap only?
That does not really change anything tho, as incap is still in the table.

Btw, what is Exdeath's powers that aren't affected by magic null? And what is his range with those abilities.

well, thing is

I posted my rebuttals to that, and they have not been challenged. So if they have been removed anyways, that's a big ******* problem.

Well, twice has been the times that he was killed by being impaled in the chest (not counting the time he tried to self-terminate), so is clearly he keeps his vitals as vulnerable points. As for John's incorporeality, perhaps you can try to convince DontTalkDT to not remove it, as is currently questioned going by the NEP revision.

That does not really change anything tho, as incap is still in the table.

Btw, what is Exdeath's powers that aren't affected by magic null? And what is his range with those abilities.
well, thing is

I posted my rebuttals to that, and they have not been challenged. So if they have been removed anyways, that's a big ******* problem.

should i still go talk to DonttalkDT?

Better not, he wouldn't be interested in participating in a vsthread about two verses he is not interested about; and possible counter argument needs to be posted in the NEP thread.

Plus, given that NEP is not a factor here given that Exdeath habe NPI, it does not really change anything.

Better not, he wouldn't be interested in participating in a vsthread about two verses he is not interested about; and possible counter argument needs to be posted in the NEP thread.

Plus, given that NEP is not a factor here given that Exdeath habe NPI, it does not really change anything.

should we continue?

If any user wishes to, from the time being the NEP revision does not affect this match that much.

I most say I don't recall such statement, John is immortal, but does not have a partculary fast regen; once he "dies" (being impaled in a vulnerable spot such head or heart is enough) it will take some time to wake up again.
As I recall, John came back in a matter of seconds in GoM

It were around minutes considering the time Unknown lasts giving his plan exposition and then gain distance, yes. Although I'll say it may vary, as when he was killed in a battle during the Holy Wars, when he woke up the battle was long finished

Back