• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Exdeath vs the Nameless (Final Fantasy vs Anima: Beyond Fantasy)

The Nameless

Exdeath: 1 (@XXKINGXX69)

Rules:

Both 2-C (Base Exdeath used)

Speed Equalized (Nameless still has higher combat speed because of the new speed rules but then again they both have high godly regen and stuff)

Both combatants have knowledge of each other

Both Characters are in-Character

start 100 meters apart

Battle takes place near the Smith Residence from rick and morty

Victory Conditions: Incapacitation or death

not knowledgeable in either verse so apologize if it's a stomp

Edit: I forgot to put this

Note:

If the rules have any bias. feel free to point it out and i'll correct it to make things more fair. (Just in case) (i want to make sure the fight is fair and there isn't any bias to either side)

Last edited:
Exdeath 2-A AoE conceptual nuke go brrr!

Even if The Nameless could null Exdeath's magic (Exdeath already resists power null but let's entertain this) he lacks the range to fully stop all of it also Exdeath has the abilities of these which grant plenty of incon options but the most obvious is 2-A BFR/Sealing which The Nameless hasn't shown to resist that level of range/potency.

I feel like Exdeath stomps but if an ABF supporter can come with some arguments I'll be willing to listen.

Exdeath 2-A AoE conceptual nuke go brrr!

Even if The Nameless could null Exdeath's magic (Exdeath already resists power null but let's entertain this) he lacks the range to fully stop all of it also Exdeath has the abilities of these which grant plenty of incon options but the most obvious is 2-A BFR/Sealing which The Nameless hasn't shown to resist that level of range/potency.

I feel like Exdeath stomps but if an ABF supporter can come with some arguments I'll be willing to listen.

should i just change it to 2-C for exdeath too? or because of the new speed rules then no?

also i don't see resistance negation immunity for exdeath.

Ech, if you want a[n apparently] fair fight you would need to put both fighters as 2-C; little can do a 2-C character against a 2-A.

Ech, if you want a[n apparently] fair fight you would need to put both fighters as 2-C; little can do a 2-C character against a 2-A.

done

i just felt exdeath at his strong had better resistances and stuff like more resistances considering the nameless is quite broken a bit. also he doesn't have nonexistent physiology in his base form.

Well, if most of Exdeath's power are magic based then he may be heavily dampened due Nemesis. Nemesis does not quite negate magic, but it decreases the zeon (mana) levels of the spell, so that generally means that the spell will always be less effective, or if the zeon decreasing if high enough, the spell will be unable to materilize. The ability is passive albeit requires to be activated, covers a radius of 500 meters, and there's no resistance check possible, although Nameless can hold it by a maximum of 111 s (granted, it does not use other ability that also consumes his ki).

Well, if most of Exdeath's power are magic based then he may be heavily dampened due Nemesis. Nemesis does not quite negate magic, but it decreases the zeon (mana) levels of the spell, so that generally means that the spell will always be less effective, or if the zeon decreasing if high enough, the spell will be unable to materilize. The ability is passive albeit requires to be activated, covers a radius of 500 meters, and there's no resistance check possible, although Nameless can hold it by a maximum of 111 s (granted, it does not use other ability that also consumes his ki).

i did make exdeath 2-C but the reason i did 2-A was simply because i thought nameless was broken and exdeath needed his nonexistent physiology type 2 and being 2-A gives him better resistances cause i thought the nameless was quite broken.

Also i thought exdeath had resistance to resistance negation but after closer reading noticed he didn't.

if i had been aware then i probably wouldn't have made this in the first place (i just thought he had resistance to resistance negation but no)

if there is a way for victory then i'm fine with this match.

listen i don't think i intended to make this a stomp/spite thread but if it was. i deeply apologize okay.

but anyway is there any possible victory for either side?

NEP is currently being revisied, so that may nor not affect few verses, including these ones.

Nameless is not like it negate resistances, but it bypasses immunities to criticals and immortality with his arm (also elemental immunities, but he does not uses those), one still may "conventionally" resist, although how criticals hit works, the "check difficulty" is variable, directly depending f how much damage Nameless had caused in one strike.

His other power, Gate to the End of All Life, does not allow a resistance check unless the targets have enough Gnosis/Natura+; and Necrom causes Sacrifice damage, and negates regeneration (bt not necessary immortality). Other powers aren't really that haxed, although it may be pretty dampening and difficult to resist, such Aura of Emptiness and the other kind of energies cancellation (although I believe Exdeath only uses magic), mienwhile Aura of Combat is not really usefull against user's equals.

He may be pretty immortal (and is also virtually immune to basically everything that would not damage his vitals), but does not have a quick regeneration rate, once "dead", it may take a while to come back to life, may be minutes or hours, maybe more.

2-C Exdeath is fine. Magic reduction is good, but Exdeath has other hax that can help him

After taking damage, he would shapeshift into a splinter and hide, and transform back to sneak attack

He can power null and reduce the power of Crystals, which are 2-C

His telekinesis can sink a whole island. Nameless doesn't have good LS (Its 590 kilograms, about 0.6 tons. So he can push Nameless back

thanks but combat speed/reaction speed is a bit of a problem is it? (https://vsbattles.com/threads/a-modification-to-the-speed-page-standards-staff-only.121842/)

because

Sub-Relativistic Flight Speed with Massively FTL+ Reactions and Combat Speed (Has flown at such speeds before and is superior to Bahamut. Scales to the Party that can cast Meteor)

Subsonic Movement Speed (Can run at just over 50 m/s), FTL Combat Speed (Those who have achieved Zen are capable of riding beams of light)

That's another reason why picked 2-A Exdeath.

since if we equalize speed. at least we don't have to worry about reactions.

thanks but combat speed/reaction speed is a bit of a problem is it? (https://vsbattles.com/threads/a-modification-to-the-speed-page-standards-staff-only.121842/)

because

Sub-Relativistic Flight Speed with Massively FTL+ Reactions and Combat Speed (Has flown at such speeds before and is superior to Bahamut. Scales to the Party that can cast Meteor)

Subsonic Movement Speed (Can run at just over 50 m/s), FTL Combat Speed (Those who have achieved Zen are capable of riding beams of light)

That's another reason why picked 2-A Exdeath.

since if we equalize speed. at least we don't have to worry about reactions.
Yes, just equalise speed

Also check out this pokemon Beedrill CRT

I don't get Nameless' high-godly regen, unless it's worded pretty badly. Being able to regenerate your body and soul is mid-godly, not high-godly.
How good are his resistances? Pretty much all of Exdeath's magic is 4-D.

I don't get Nameless' high-godly regen, unless it's worded pretty badly. Being able to regenerate your body and soul is mid-godly, not high-godly.

though i didn't see exdeath have any resistances to resistance negation

It has to do with soul = concepts in ABF. As for his resistances, as several ttrpg it may resist a bunch of effects, but between layers and stuff I can't not guarantee if can or not resist a particular stuff except for few exceptions. There's a list here, I recall another one more complete made by Ed, but not sure where it is. Nameless has a magic, physical and psychic resistance of 135, 155 and 140 respectively (his sheets give him different values, but those are typos, as it does not consider the bonus granted by Nemesis).

also did anyone notice this in the OP

Note:

If the rules have any bias. feel free to point it out and i'll correct it to make things more fair. (Just in case) (i want to make sure the fight is fair and there isn't any bias to either side)

It has to do with soul = concepts in ABF. As for his resistances, as several ttrpg it may resist a bunch of effects, but between layers and stuff I can't not guarantee if can or not resist a particular stuff except for few exceptions. There's a list here, I recall another one more complete made by Ed, but not sure where it is. Nameless has a magic, physical and psychic resistance of 135, 155 and 140 respectively (his sheets give him different values, but those are typos, as it does not consider the bonus granted by Nemesis).

so what do you think of this matchup?

Well, I still do not have enough info to reach a conclusion.

Doubt turning into a splinter and sneak attack would work considering Nameless' enhanced senses and ki detection, and since Exdeath does not seems to have a way to avoid detection, Nameless is keeping an "eye" on him all the time.

The crystal descriotion didn't seems like powernull to me, is there a mire direct application? As for TK, guess Nameless does not have other way to avoid it beyond simply defending, although if that power work in the same way as the ABF psionic, it may be nullified as well.

Well, I still do not have enough info to reach a conclusion.

Doubt turning into a splinter and sneak attack would work considering Nameless' enhanced senses and ki detection, and since Exdeath does not seems to have a way to avoid detection, Nameless is keeping an "eye" on him all the time.

The crystal descriotion didn't seems like powernull to me, is there a mire direct application? As for TK, guess Nameless does not have other way to avoid it beyond simply defending, although if that power work in the same way as the ABF psionic, it may be nullified as well.

thanks for the info.

i'm just worried about the speed thing that dareaper brought up in a thread.

are we assuming if we equalize speed that exdeath's reaction and stuff speed will equal nameless's combat ftl speed?

cause the new speed rules say something like this

one character is subsonic

the other is subsonic too but has massively hypersonic reactions.

we equalize the speed but since the subsonic is equalized we apply that factor number to the massively hypersonic thing but he'll still have higher reactions.

(this is the new speed rule. I have no idea what happens if both characters have different reaction speeds and stuff. basically they both have two types of speeds)

If speed is equalized then no point in bringing up speed in the first place, you just assume they attack and defend at the same speed (or going by Anima standards, they have the same attack/defense ability). Although Nameless has a high quality weapon, that slightly increases its attack/parrying ability, so it may have an edge unkess Exdeath also possess sometjing that enhances its combat speed.

Well my vote is on exdeath for gravity manipulation halving nameless' HP and telekinesis. also teleporting away from attacks

How does gravity manip halves HP? Either FF interprete increasing gravity as causing damage or it straight up halves HP, in the last case it may be possible for Nameless to resist it. As for gravity, it varies, sometimes it can't be resisted in tye conventional way (is a Strength check) while in other it can be resisted, either decreasing damage or negating it (as the Gravity Crush spell).

Is not so much of game mechanic, but rather that, going by its description its a gravitational down force, making it more akin to to the Gravity Destruction spell (Lv 80), even tho its in-game effect is equal to the Wound spell (Lv 26).

If I take the spells difficulty as reference, Nameless would have 35% (45% as for base resistance, but he receives a bonus if +10 due his armor) chances to avoid damage by the gravity spell, mienwhile if we use Wound as reference, its probability vary between 5% to 45% (depending of the spell degree, although both basic and middle levels of the spell are simply ineffective). In the wiki, however, users assume, in a ttrpg game, the character always get half the maximum die value, 50 in this case, making him immune to both effects, but is not a rules that I agree with.

In case Demi work as the Wound effect, what happens once it reaches 0 HP? In ABF characters can still remain standing with negative LP (life points).

Last edited:
it's kinda weird that nameless can't negate high godly regen yet he has high godly regen.

also why only resistant to mid godly regen only?

Technically speaking, he is not resistent to reg negation, as Sacrifice damage works normally on him, but since he is pretty immortal just a selective amount of powers may put him down for good, what means that non-divine spells such Sever Existance (Lv 80) wouldn't permanently kill him. Mmm, I believe since is currently accepted that soul = concept here, he should have high-dogly in any case.

Still voting Exdeath over his telekinesis and demi spell working a little. Waiting for more anima supporters

Technically speaking, he is not resistent to reg negation, as Sacrifice damage works normally on him, but since he is pretty immortal just a selective amount of powers may put him down for good, what means that non-divine spells such Sever Existance (Lv 80) wouldn't permanently kill him. Mmm, I believe since is currently accepted that soul = concept here, he should have high-dogly in any case.
Can you call more anima supporters?

Back