• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Exaggerated martial arts.

Why are martial arts in anime is always exaggerated (Even if they don't have kamehamehas or hadoukens)? Not even the strongest martial artist in history would be able to perform such impossible feats!

because asian like to put super power into everything they make.

I've never seen an anime without super powers, supernatural and so on

Andytrenom said:
You aren't calling Monster a slice of life are you?
I do not even know what it means and im too lazy to search about it. But i bet its an anime that ruins people's lives

Its a psychological thriller involving a deadly cat and mouse game with a cult like secret organization. Its a really great anime for people who like stuff like that.

It also isn't particularly gory or explicit so I don't think it quite falls into a "ruins your life" kind of category

In Detective Conan there's Makoto Kyogoku who's inhumanely strong and fast that looks that he jumped from a Street Fighter universe to a detective drama anime/manga. It looks uncanny to me.

Detective Conan is a story about a teenager who got deaged into a little kid and uses superadvanced gadgets to solve crime. It wasn't the most grounded series to begin with.

Nisekoi is another anime that come to mind, when it comes to a seemingly normal series incorporating very abnormal characters in terms of power.

Btw what series inspired this thread? Baki, Fist of the North Star, Kenichi or something else?

Back