• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure NPI is ideal, since clouds are made of water (Unless it's different in Equestria.) & sort of air, too? So maybe it's a Limited Negation of Elemental Intangibility?

But what a cloud is made of: Water & air, are physical. You can get crushed under a waterfall or knocked over by the air from an air gun, right?

But what a cloud is made of: Water & air, are physical. You can get crushed under a waterfall or knocked over by the air from an air gun, right?
But you can’t really manipulate it or touch it the way that Pegasi does.

It can still be NPI, just elemental only.
We can all touch water vapor, but we can't all grab it as if it was a solid.

It wasn’t created and placed on her face unattached. It was created and attached without any issue.
Creating a working mouth on someone's body could still function as Creation without Manipulating Pinkie's matter

Like oxygen to breathe in? Yes
She didn't seem to be suffering from oxygen deprivation you'd get with losing a nose or mouth, so I'm wondering about

I think that most of these examples are just advanced Transmutation and Biological Manipulation, and walking on clouds does not seem to fit as NPI, just as a form of air-walking. We have a current semi-active thread for freely moving in unnatural terrains that should work later.

The transmutations of Pinkie Pie, the apple, and the frog.

Elemental Manipulation seems fine though.

Isn’t transmutation is turning one thing into another? Twilight just poofed the mouth into existence. There wasn’t anything there that could be turned into another.
No. it includes partially changing other beings and objects as well.
Just realized that Pinkie should get Pain manipulation resistance for seemingly not feeling any pain from her mouth getting pulled out.
It was magic in a kids-friendly cartoon, not blood-spurting gore.

That seems fine for Celestia, yes, although she likely overpowered Twilight's magic with her own.

I think that most of these examples are just advanced Transmutation and Biological Manipulation, and walking on clouds does not seem to fit as NPI, just as a form of air-walking. We have a current semi-active thread for freely moving in unnatural terrains that should work later.
So does any of this need to be added to any profile pages, or do they already have those powers listed?

That seems fine for Celestia, yes, although she likely overpowered Twilight's magic with her own.
Yeah, but whenever Twilight went magic crazy Celestia would actively use her magic to counter it. Glowing horn, wave of magic that shuts it all down. Here she just walks up to Twilight, and calms her down, without bothering to light her horn up in response.
So does any of this need to be added to any profile pages, or do they already have those powers listed?
She already has biological manipulation and transfiguration.

Yeah, but whenever Twilight went magic crazy Celestia would actively use her magic to counter it. Glowing horn, wave of magic that shuts it all down. Here she just walks up to Twilight, and calms her down, without bothering to light her horn up in response.
Okay. Resistance is probably fine then.
She already has biological manipulation and transfiguration.
Okay. That does not need to be added then.

I think the only things accepted are air walking, elemental manipulation, and transfiguration resistance for Celestia.

However, I will defend a couple of the rejected things. For one, Dash doesn't just walk on clouds, she can outright grab them like you or I would grab a box or other object, and kick them to induce rain and lightning. Heck, in this scene, the cloud physically recoils and slightly deforms when she kicks at it. It clearly moved and reacted physically to her kick, which isn't something a cloud would normally do. Just say they have a highly specific form of NPI, limited strictly to clouds.

I also don't think what Trixie did to Pinkie counts as matter manipulation. The scene is very much a reference to deleting a file on your computer, hence the mouse clicker and trash can. Erasure or something else seems more appropriate than matter manipulation.

Okay, very limited NPI is probably fine then, but not existence erasure.

That does not seem to be existence erasure, but rather minor toon force style reality warping.

The point is that is if part of Pinkie Pie's face was truly erased from existence, she would die from the blood loss from the resulting gaping maw.

In this case her face was rather simply transmuted/rearranged so it seemed like it had never contained a mouth in the first place.

Can we just add this already? There's only one thing that got rejected by this point and it's been well over a month. I hate extended crts. But, small question, can we at least give Trixie minor reality warping based on this? We agreed on it when I brought up this exact subject a couple of years ago.

If not, then just ignore that last part so we can add everything else and close this.

Can we just add this already? There's only one thing that got rejected by this point and it's been well over a month. I hate extended crts.
That seems fine to me.
But, small question, can we at least give Trixie minor reality warping based on this? We agreed on it when I brought up this exact subject a couple of years ago.
Probably yes, but I don't remember the scene well, and have my YouTube disabled, so I am not sure.

Probably yes, but I don't remember the scene well, and have my YouTube disabled, so I am not sure.
169915.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back