• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There are a couple 4-B feats; in which most of them came from various Green Lanterns and are baselinish. Though the best one comes from Wally; Superman also used to have a few more before some of them got recalculated to 4-C. Not to mention, when Post-Crisis Superman does the same 4-B attack Wally does, what happens to him is basically the same thing as Post-Flashpoint performing the Super Flare technique. And to be fair, even most of his 5-A feats are actually feats Superman struggled with to perform. So it's questionable if characters he holds back against are even 5-A let alone 4-B.
This seems to make sense to me, but I think that we can probably safely scale Superman from the Green Lanterns.
Anyway, the focus is on Etrigan given the title of the thread an OP. So might as well gather some Etrigan fight scenes and/or his own feats if he has any.
That would be useful, yes. Thank you for helping out.

There are a couple 4-B feats; in which most of them came from various Green Lanterns and are baselinish. Though the best one comes from Wally; Superman also used to have a few more before some of them got recalculated to 4-C. Not to mention, when Post-Crisis Superman does the same 4-B attack Wally does, what happens to him is basically the same thing as Post-Flashpoint performing the Super Flare technique. And to be fair, even most of his 5-A feats are actually feats Superman struggled with to perform. So it's questionable if characters he holds back against are even 5-A let alone 4-B.

Anyway, the focus is on Etrigan given the title of the thread an OP. So might as well gather some Etrigan fight scenes and/or his own feats if he has any.
Thing is, we can't be sure that Superman's Infinite Mass Punches are as strong as Flash's. If anything, it's probably much more powerful coming from him, considering Clark is consistently treated as far more powerful than Wally unless the latter uses the entirety of Speed Force or is at an emotional peak, clearly not the case when Wally performed IMP. Also, again, Eobard took it while standing still. This still applies to Etrigan, as his tier depends on it too

Can somebody remind us about the conclusions so far regarding what we should do here please?

Okay. That is unfortunate. Which members contributed in a knowledgeable manner here? I can call for them if you list them.

I think it was agreed that someone should try to gather some Etrigan fight scenes and/or statements comparing him to others including Superman or other DC heralds.

Okay, so what tiers seem appropriate then? I think that there was a Jeph Loeb or Joe Kelly Superman comic book in which Etrigan punched him to the Moon. Perhaps that feat could have its energy calculated?

I will give the sources if that's fine.

1/4: The Demon 1990 #17

2/3: Action Comics #762

5: Blood of the Demon #5

6: The Demon 1990 #13

7: Superman 1987 #55

Last edited:
Yes, I think that he was officially significantly upgraded during the (in my view pretty great) "Our Worlds at War" event in 2001.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the scaling is Etrigan to Lobo I don't have issues with, because Lobo doesn't have a vulnerability like Superman does.
Okay. That seems fine then. We currently rate Lobo as 4-B at his peak and a highly variable tier, though, so that could cause problems.

Etrigan fought Lobo in the early 90s,
at the time of the planet feat.

Should we wait for the early PC Superman key to be made first?

Well, I do not technically mind scaling Etrigan to the feat in question, but it seems inappropriate to make him the only DC Comics character with this particular tier. Also, again, Lobo varies a lot in power between different occasions.

I would appreciate further input from other members here.

Here are images of Etrigan punching Superman to Earth's Moon and other feats. Perhaps the Moon-punching feat can be calculated, in lack of better options?

Back