• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Etrian Odyssey Untold cast vs Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold cast

Two Etrian Odyssey games, both with five playable characters. If they were to get into a battle, which side's teamwork would emerge victorious?

Untold 1 cast: Highlander, Frederica, Simo, Arthur, and Raquna.

Untold 2 cast: The Fafnir Knight, Arianna, Bertrand, Flavio, and Chloe.

Rules: The characters with only one form, naturally only use that form. The Fafnir Knight is only allowed access to his first transformation (to use as a force boost), while Highlander and Bertrand are both in base form. All the characters from the first Untold use the low end of their durability, which is scaled to Etreant rather than Primevil. Everybody is in character, but will kill if they have to. No interference for any reason whatsoever. Both sides are allowed Grimoire stones, and both sides have access to all their skills (assume everybody is level 99). Both sides can use items. Untold 1 cast has access to guildkeeper skills, and untold 2 cast has access to food skills. And that's all of the rules.

Votes:

Untold 1 - 0

Untold 2 - 1

Seeing as they'd have the same statistics regardless, it doesn't really matter what the current tier for them is. This is a fight purely based on strategy. What do you think the result is?

Well yeah I guess. Anyways, I'm rooting for Untold 2 solely because of Sovereign and Fafnir Knight. F.Knight can pick off the others as Sovereign puts on the buffs. Also, are we allowing Force Boost and Force Break skills to Untold 1 only or Untold 2? Because Force Boost and Break skills are OP and can pretty much devastate Untold 1 cast.

While I agree that Untold 2 wins, it is by no means an easy win. Untold 1 cast revolves a lot more heavily around teamwork, and can heal itself a lot better than Untold 2 can. Not to mention that some of the Guildkeeper skills are very powerful. One of them even summons Iwaropenelep to attack the enemies. This is going to be a lot harder than Artelinde and Wilhelm ever was.

All the same, I'll add your vote to Untold 2.

Yeah, Untold 1 has better healing ability. Simon and Raquna can cover that. Spear Assist together with Arthur and Ricky can create a devastating combo. Not to mention that for every recoil Highlander takes in using his HP draining skills, Simon is there to help him get back on his two feet.

Ricky and Arthur have great elemental synergy, and backed up by Raquna, the team is pretty solid. Honestly, they could win if it weren't for some deciding factors:

1. F. Knight transformation. Can use Accelerate to utterly demolish the enemy team by moving first and use an all-party hitting move 3 times. Tie that in with Sovereign, and you've got one hell of a wallbreaker.

2. Force Skills. Those skills are just too damn OP. Akashic Nova (Or its first form) can and WILL oneshot most of the Untold 1 cast, barring Raquna and maybe Highlander. To add insult to injury, Untold 1 doesn't have access to their respective Force skills.

Honestly, this battle is highly dependent on F.Knight, who pretty much destroys. I mean, instead of balancing the game for the F.Knight, they balanced the F.Knight for the game. I'm not an Etrian purist (In fact, I think Story Mode adds more depth to the lore of Etrian while still managing to maintain the "your own adventure" feel), but F.Knight just breaks the game.

If this was a battle of who has better characters, I'll be behind Highlander and Ricky all day (I ship them so hard). As for F.Knight and Arianna... Eh, hook up with Flavio instead, F.Knight. But I digress. Untold 2 should win this bout low to mid-diff, at best due to OP Force Skills.

Rules state that I'm not allowed to vote in my own fight, but I'll still argue back, because where's the fun if it doesn't turn into a little debate?

Fafnir can dish out tons of damage, but most of his damage comes from elemental attacks, which Untold 1 cast is well protected from, with Simon's Immunise skill and Raquna's Elemental Walls. Not to mention that if Simon can infect Fafnir with sleep or paralysis, he's out of the game until Chloe can rouse him. On the other hand, Untold 2 has less control over Ailments, with only Chloe's random desease (emphasis on random) and Flavio's arrows. This makes them rarely able to use binds, since Flavio can only bind legs and Chloe requires an Ailment or a Force Boost. Meanwhile, if Ricky can pull off a Head Snipe on many of the characters, they'll be out of commision. Not to mention that using Guildkeeper skills, they don't need to use the ailments themselves, with all of Kupala's skills providing Ailments (especially confuse; gotta love that one).

In all, if Untold 2 can stay out of trouble, they've got this, but if there's a head-snipe or ailment on Fafnir, Arianna, or Chloe, they're instantly at a disadvantage, which could cost them the match.

Also, I really don't get those "etrian purists". If anything, Story mode makes it better. It's like the canonical version of the story that the original games laid the foundations for (hence the name "Untold"). You're allowed to reclass, so I don't see the issue. Maybe they just hate long dialouge scenes?

And when it comes to which characters are better, I'd say that I like them all. Although, Bertrand and Chloe are my favourites. Chloe has the best character development, while Bertrand has really good development and also the best backstory and free-time events (yes, I'm using DR terms). Although, I'm not a huge fan of Arianna, so it rounds off. In Untold 1, I like all of them, though it's a shame that there aren't any free-time events like with Untold 2.

Hmm, you make a good point. So Untold 1 specializes in healing, defenses and status effects while Untold 2 capitalizes on sheer damage output and buffs. I guess it is more even than I thought.

I'm still standing by my vote though. Akashic Nova is immensely powerful. And so are the Force Skills.

I love Story Mode. Don't diss it, purists! Oh well, excited for both "pure" EOV and "unpure" EO3U.

I love Bertrand and Chloe too. Chloe is adorable, and yeah Bertrand is a cool old man you can rely on. Flavio is the funny straight man of the team, and I agree with you on Arianna. I hope EO3U will have interesting characters as well.

Fafnir only has his first transformation, so he only gets Ignition Ray, and no Akashic Nova. Also, if he wastes Ignition Ray, no more Fafnir Mode. That could be something to be mindful of. Seeing as Ignition Ray can only kill a maximum of one Untold member, that same member could be revived, either by Simon or with a Nectar (if Simon was the one killed).

While Force Boosts are powerful, don't forget that Untold 1 has Boost skills as well. They raise the level of a skill by 5, meaning level 15 skills. Untold 2 can't do that. In any case, both sides need to fill their gauges before either side can use a boost anyway.

In any case, I'm looking forward to EO3U as well. I never played the original because Atlus and Europe/Australia, but it's likely that the Untold version will come here. I wonder if they'll still allow us to use old classes, or if Highlander/Fafnir are DLC? Well, if the pattern holds, we should get a Story mode exclusive class, a Female Landsknecht (next game's mascot class), a Hoplite (tank character), a Monk (healer), and a Wilding (something to round the party off). That was the pattern for the first 2 Untolds, and it should be the same in Untold 3.

Also, did you know that in EOV you can go to space? SPACE! Imagine the upgrades once it gets localised... Other than that, all I know about the game is that the 1st stratum looks like the other 1st strata, and the 4th stratum is set in these weird crystal caves.

Ah sorry so it was Ignition Ray. I forgot the name.

Wait, are you actually voting that the Untold 1 would win? Or are you just providing info? Either way, I still think F.Knight is the trump card, as long as he plays his cards right. Extreme diff win for Untold 2, in my opinion. Bertrand's force skill which makes the party invincible for one turn could prove very useful. Summer Rain could oneshot anyone in Untold 1, barring Raquna maybe.

Whew. This fight seems to be intense. Very close and tight, I'll say.

Well I would prefer a Female Imperial because they are badass. The chances are low though, considering that's a secret class. And why not Ninja instead of Wildling? I tried a bit of EO3, and Ninjas are pretty cool. Though Farmer would be gimmicky.

Spoilers for EOV. ... .. .

Okay. The final boss name is "Star Eater", or so I've heard. Potential for upgrade indeed.

I'm not voting for Untold 1. I'm just providing info and arguing, because, well, that's kinda what the wiki is about. I also agree that Untold 2 wins, but it's going to be the hardest boss fight they've ever faced. Even harder than Ur-Devil. And considering the revives, even if people die, they could get revived, and the fight would continue.

The reason I suggested Wilding is because there'd already be two attack orientated classes. Not to mention that three of them would need to be on the Front line (unless MC is a backline, but that's unlikely). Plus, there'd need to be a way to inflict Ailments. Also, Landsknecht would make far more sense than Imperial. Both Gunner and Sovereign were the mascot classes of the games they were introduced in, and Landsknecht was the mascot of EOIV. Sure, Imperial is awesome (especially Logre), but Landsknecht is pretty cool as well. My Landy never left my party the entire game, and blitzed through the enemies like they were paper with the link skills (which I later rested into an all-out physical attacker once the Dancer was replaced by Logre). Even so, enough about my builds. Farmer wouldn't make sense because you can't swap out characters in story, and so you'd be stuck with them (unless you were to reclass). Granted, I never played EOIII (thanks to the localisation issues), so I'm not really sure.

It seems that EOV will provide quite the buffs. Let's hope it's released outside Japan (and hopefully America as well, since both II and III weren't).

(also, what's with the "esie" in Morse Code?)

So I did a bit of thinking, and this fight could probably go either way. It'll be over by turn 3 regardless of who wins, though.

Fafnir is very powerful, but most of his damage comes from elements. If Raquna can throw up the corresponding wall, they'll have no problem surviving. This applys to Ignition Ray as well, because it's technically all three elements, and so Raquna can block it. On the other hand, Bertrand can block Arthur's formulas, which is where a large potion of Untold 1's damage comes from.

However, if Ricky has max level Double Action, and can pull off a max level Vulcan Stance, followed by a max level Action Boost, and Simon uses Diagnosis, Untold 2 is doomed the next turn, because Ricky can then use a normal attack, hitting several times, each hit being a critical, and each hit hitting everybody in Untold 2. I don't think that even Fafnir could survive that onslaught. However, if Bertrand uses a perfect defence to block it, Untold 2 would still be able to win.

In all, this is actually a really close fight. Maybe I could make a fanon Death Battle of it and see where it leads.

Well yeah it is super close. Both sides have the advantage over the over.

Well I read a fanon Death battle of Ricky VS Lucina on dA, and the results are what I expected haha. The author also used your calc, it seems. Anyways, good luck on that Death battle fic!

I found the battle you were talking about, and it was amazing. Also, I never expected my calc to be used for anything other than for this wiki. It's kinda cool. I hope I can inspire some other EO related fights later on.

Yeah, the drawings were a nice touch. Haha, looks like somebody recognized your calcs. And he was pretty merciful in that ending, choosing to spare Lucina. Also, love the incorporation of the "own justice and beliefs" theme going on, and both "Id Purpose" and "Their Own Brand of Justice" really fitted in the fight.

Anyways, I guess this fight could be considered a stalemate or something, maybe? Inconclusive, since its pretty hard to tell who would actually win. But meh, I still think Untold 2 wins.

Yeah, TOBOJ is an amazing song. Although, I feel that the Super Arrange Version would probably have fitted better (go here to see for yourself) than Gmetal's cover. Just my opinion though.

In any case, Ultimately, Untold 2 would probably win, but it could go either way.

Actually, remember how I said that both sides are allowed Grimoires? Well, I just remembered the unbeatable combination that Highlander has. Use a Grimoire with Offering Robe, use that skill every turn, and Bloodlust will do the rest. He literally can't lose that way. It works on anything. Even Primevil. Just make sure that the Guildkeeper effect is the one that recovers TP every turn.

Back