• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think this is a stomp in Taiga's favor, because speed = rules, Ethan can't use speed amps, all Taiga has to do is teleport and Spatial Manipulate one shot I'd say

Why can't Ethan use his Speed Amps? If it's just dash type moves, I don't see why it wouldn't basically just work in practice as a sort of pseudo-teleportation/intangibility that would allow a quick reposition.

Ethan is initially slower, if speed is equalized his amps can just be "higher" in this situation and gain an immediate advantage, then it brings the question of why bothering to equalize it in the first place. But I guess I can argue if he can use those amps

First off, what are Taiga's main advantages here? How does Precognition work? Because any one could predict another's next move, Ethan makes sure he hides his next attack until the last moments due to his experience as a martial artist

Well, it's a bit of a conundrum in that Super Signal would make him a lot faster than Taiga even if we leave Speed Unequal, but if we do that then Taiga just teleports/Space Manip. swords Ethan in half with Mach ~1300 vs. Mach ~50 I think? before that happens, and Ethan just kinda dies. That said, if we equalize speed down, Ethan immediately becomes Mach ~8000 to Taiga's nerfed new speed of Mach ~50, which uhhhhhh

That's not exactly great either

Is Equalizing Speed upwards a thing? That might be the fairest this can be, I think, but I'd need to know more.

Regarding Precognition since I noticed at the last moment: It's literally just seeing a few seconds into the future. It's a power Taiga has since like, the first key, without a specific counter like being a Temporal Anomaly or apart from Fate itself or some similar tomfoolery there's no reason to assume it won't work.

If Ethan can fight a mind reader (Travis) this precognition won't be too bad, eventually Taiga would mess up and Ethan would catch her for it

I guess we can use speed amps where his speed just goes "higher"

Okay, so I already proved that Ethan can probably keep up with the Precognition, what other powerful things does Taiga have? Telekinesis probably won't help because of Class P Lifting Strength vs Class G

That Ethan can keep up with Travis doesn't automatically entail that the same holds true here, you know, especially if his pre-cognition isn't as good (what are Travis's Precog.'s best feats?) Without a specific counter, Taiga can still see a few seconds into the future to see anything Ethan does. It's pretty much the definitive counter to Out-boxer style martial arts, as far as the powers you'll see frequently in fiction goes.

If Ethan defeated Travis in spite of the precognition letting the latter see into the future, how'd he manage that? That's probably a better angle to drive at this from.

(Also, I'll come back with a more detailed analysis later.)

Ethan really just had to overwhelm with speed and put him into unfavorable position where he couldn't defend properly. When Travis attacks, Ethan initially had a disadvantage, but by creating more obstacles and hazards to block the way from a proper attack, he was able to get himself into situations where Travis couldn't attack despite knowing his defensive action.

If Taiga sees what happens, it's possible that even if she sees what will happen she wouldn't really understand what's going on. Nonetheless, it's quite a problem anyway, but eventually Taiga's gonna mess up in a way. I sometimes tend to think Precognition as just even better Reaction Speed

Ethan resists Soul Hax and plenty of other OHKO haxs in general

She has has Durability Negation and Spatial Manipulation with her blade and can summon multiple Glyphs and have them shoot out multube attacks and she telports around and summons a armry as strong as her that incudes her father who is now strong as she is in this form becuse of the rules of her summons

So uh...how is this not a stomp in Taiga's favor if it's a forkton of her versus one Ethan again?

Thankfully Spatial Manipulation has been dealt with, using Lightning Dash or ShockWind, he can probably avoid a teleport to OHKO slash combo. Glpyhs can be dealt with by the power of dodging out of them if they appear under him and if they shoot normal blasts, it's similar to Vanessa's normal blast attacks too

Okay, so let's start off with just the basic stats and such-

AP/Toughness: Ethan's 1.07 Teratons vs. Taiga's 1.64 Teratons makes that a slight Oof for the former, but probably won't severely limit what he can get good damage off with. A difference of ~1.5 times is hardly insurmountable, but it's worth noting. (T+)

Speed: Equalized, so lol.

Physical Strength: Ethan lifting an entire city + infrastructure >>> Taiga being comparable to someone who can only lift several buildings that make up a mere part of said city. (E+)

Agility/Mobility: Taiga having spammable Teleportation and Flight really sounds like she ought to take this handily, but Ethan having a Pseudo-Teleport in Lightning Dash in combination with all the minor, utility powers like Limited Vibration/Physics Manip. I imagine that even if he couldn't keep up, it wouldn't be by a large enough margin to really matter too terribly. (-)

Range: Ethan has potentially more range, but Taiga's is more consistent and doesn't require as much concentration, so I'm tempted to take this to be a slight edge for her. (T+)

Sustain: Absolutely Taiga. Being comparable to someone that can fight for weeks straight rather than for days is one thing, and for another she can more or less spam every power she has ad infinitum, as opposed to Ethan who has an EP cap he has to pay closer attention to. (T++)

Strategy: Goes to Ethan. I don't really doubt that Taiga is probably the more actually skilled/better trained fighter having gone to school specifically for fighting, but I don't see that as outweighing Ethan's more general intellect advantage (Extraordinary Genius vs. Gifted) in combination with a lot of the esoteric stunts he can pull with his powers. (E+)

So... not looking the best for Ethan, I suppose, probably, but it's my understanding he's managed to make it out of worse before. So what about the Special Techniques and Powers that seem pertinent here?

Ethan basically has an Ultra Instinct/pseudo-precog Mode in Super Signal, and helps overcome the range deficiency while also boosting his speed, though it requires he maintain perfect concentration and essentially go flawless. Ember Overdrive and a lot of his other amps can probably give him a really drastic advantage, too, but at the cost of his health. And finally, Sixth Sense should lend a hand as it pertains to sneak attacks, counters her Illusions and such. But...

Taiga is able to spam teleport to all hell in combination with a space-cutting blade that Ethan doesn't have a specific counter to, so the pressure is constantly at max to be on the defensive: a sword fight can't really happe with Ethan's Elemental Combat-form weapons all being/containing physical space that can be disrupted/severed in some way. On top of the Glyphs that are firing off their Unlimited Blade Works shenanigans, Black Ice in combination with her Aura meaning that basically any fire attack Ethan uses is useless at best (or kills him at worst, I can see Ember Blazing just turning into a Black Ice coffin), and then... Concept, Fear, Pain Manipulation? Cutting portals to other planes of existence with the blade? That just seems like... too much, all at once. Taiga has way more options that would actually win the match, since most of Ethan's "hax" is more just supplementary to his primary elemental combat style, and I don't see Ethan's amulet getting him out of jail free forever, so...

Basically, though I feel like Ethan probably can handle any one or few of these things at once, this being an opponent that can just unendingly dump an entire arsenal of powers both flashy and esoteric onto the battlefield ad infinitum makes his general approach to combat: calm, even, measured, piecing together the strategy over time: feels at odds with the sheer amount of pressure being placed on him to finish the fight before he's burnt out of juice, which leads me to believe that Taiga is likelier to win.

I agree, if this were to be a battle in ORW, the player controlling Ethan would have to be playing really well. This is essentially like a boss battle, where the enemy (Taiga) theoretically should win, but the player makes the unlikely happen. So Tagia wins

Not exactly an impossible battle, Super Signal and Lightning Dash would be able to get him out of the situations Taiga can put him in, and potentially sneak out a win with some big brain strategy with his versatile kit, but not super likely

Back