• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternatus Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
Does eternatus have some strange power null mechanic that necessitates listing everything its ever worked against anyways
I think the Power Nullification comes from the fact that prior to Zacian and Zamazenta showing up, you couldn't use any moves on it because "a mysterious power" was preventing you from doing so. Given that it would work on every move used (because that's how it happens in the games) besides when Zacian and Zamazenta show up, I think that's why it needs to list off everything besides them, but even then, that would just give Zacian and Zamazenta resistance to power nullification.

GyroNutz said:
It just nulls pretty much every Pokemon move, I don't think there's any "strange mechanic" behind it.
In that case, it should just have power nullification instead of listing off everything it nullifies (and when they get added, Zacian and Zamazenta should be given resistance to power nullification)

Eternamax-Eternatus and its infinite energy was wounded by a Pokemon which has a statement of "cutting the ocean in two" and another that can "bore straight through towering mountains", one of these feats doesn't even compare to Pupitar.

So accepting High 3-A based off the entry alone would be a tad inflated, especially when you realize this would make Zacian and Zazamenta High 3-A as well.

Abstractions said:
Eternamax-Eternatus and its infinite energy was wounded by a Pokemon which has a statement of "cutting the ocean in two" and another that can "bore straight through towering mountains", one of these feats doesn't even compare to Pupitar.
So accepting High 3-A based off the entry alone would be a tad inflated, especially when you realize this would make Zacian and Zazamenta High 3-A as well.
Even though Pokedex entries have typically been used for scaling before, making the statement not really inflated?

Yes, I'm aware that this would make Zacian and Zamazenta High 3-A as well for defeating Eternamax Eternatus, and I'm in support of that.

GyroNutz said:
Surely it'd only be Crowned Zacian and Zamazenta that scale?
They are the ones with the ocean cutting and mountain boring feats, so yes.

Still think regular Eternatus shouldn't be Low 6-B no matter the result.

I've should've been a bit more descriptive and say Macguffinns that claim to have infinite... blah blah blah etc but either get contradicted or it turns out to be hyperbole and while the pokédex is the primary source of canon info, having infinite power but finte range does still come off as a little strange.

Sure infinite range =/= infinite power and vice versa but I this still feels a little dubious to me.

GyroNutz said:
Surely it'd only be Crowned Zacian and Zamazenta that scale?
Yeah, I think Hero of Many Battles Zacian and Zamazenta would be at Low 6-B like other legendaries (Lugia, Moltres, etc.)

Question: Galar was going to have a power issue according to Chairman Rose who awakened Eternatus to fix this. If Eternatus was a contributor to Galar's energy ( as seen by Dynamax ) and has infinite energy then this creates an issue as even one millionth of infinity is still infinity and such Galar would never run out of power which contradicts the plot of Sword and Shield.

I believe that Eternatus should be at least 6-B going off the other Dynamax in which it's energy powers.

How does it contradict this? Eternatus was never used as a power source for Galar's energy, its only correlation was its role in allowing Pokemon to Dynamax. Only now was Eternatus going to be used as a source.

Also, Dynamax Pokemon were lowered from 6-B to High 7-A, so base Eternatus would stay as is.

6-B Dynamax got nuked, either way Josh brought the reason I was feeling uneasy; "how can you run out of energy if your energy source is infinite?".

EDiT; nvm my question got answered.

Wow, really? 6-B died? Well rip.

Another question: Eternatus's energy (which scattered into Galar through power leaking from it's body) is the reason for Dynamax and Giganntamax correct? So if Etern has infinite energy and causes Pokémon to Dynamax that would mean Dynamaxed Pokémon also have infinite energy which doesn't make sense.

Not necessarily, as the infinite energy is only applicable to its Eternamax state, and as seen with the Dex entries, the correlation between it and Dynamaxing is applicable to even its base form, implying that its base form could be what fuels Dynamaxing (with its core)

But according to what I am reading, it's energy started to leak due to it's damage done by the doggos which means that it started in it's Master Hand form.

JoshSSJGod said:
Another question: Eternatus's energy (which scattered into Galar through power leaking from it's body) is the reason for Dynamax and Giganntamax correct? So if Etern has infinite energy and causes Pokémon to Dynamax that would mean Dynamaxed Pokémon also have infinite energy which doesn't make sense.
Considering the fact that humans in Pokemon can be granted power by Arceus of all things and not be considered 2-B themselves, Dynamax Mon being infinite in power isn't neccessarily true.

Considering the fact that humans in Pokemon can be granted power by Arceus of all things and not be considered 2-B themselves, Dynamax Mon being infinite in power isn't neccessarily true.

I know it isn't true which is why I'm asking why if Etern has infinite energy why don't they? It doesn't make sense and goes against the idea of Eternatus having infinite energy.

But...it doesn't go against it. That was the purpose of my example.

Arceus giving humans of all things facets of it's power doesn't make them 2-B. Or Arceus less than 2-B. So why would Dynamax Mon not having infinite energy be an anti-feat against Eternatus?

Dynamax Pokémon exist due to Etern's energy flowing out of it correct?

Okay since ya asked I'll explain it again to try help clear it up, if Etern has infinite energy and that infinite energy flows out of it as per the PokeDex states that would mean that the stones used for Dynamaxing which have Etern's energy in them would have infinite energy and said stones power Dynamaxed Pokémon which in term would give them a High 3-A rating which is obviously not true.

As for the situation with Arceus, when has that happened and why should it have us ignore the fact that even one millionth of infinity is still infinity?

The reason it would, as you put it, "have us ignore this fact" is because Arceus is also a being with infinite power, but even when giving humans some of its power, they did not become 2-B. The same thing can be applied here: Part of Eternatus' power is used for Dynamaxing, but that doesn't put Dynamax Pokemon in High 3-A.

JoshSSJGod said:
As for the situation with Arceus, when has that happened and why should it have us ignore the fact that even one millionth of infinity is still infinity?
Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. One of the few things that, ironically, isn't PIS.

There's literally an entire clan of humans who can not only communicate with Arceus, but receive power in return from it. Mary, Barza and Ghris being 3 of these humans who can ultize facets of Arceus's power. Ghris mastered it and used it to seal away Hoopa in the Prison Bottle he created.

Unless we want to sit here and say these humans actually have 2-B power at their disposal, the point of my example should be clear. Having facets of someones power can just simply be them granting you an amount of power you yourself can handle.

May I ask what tier they became?

I can see your point however Etern never willingly gave nor ever granted it's energy to anyone, it's energy was pouring out by the damage done by the Doggos which lead to the situation I explained above.

Eternatus being Low 6-B isn't a problem unless we're saying Legendaries are barely stronger than Full Evos and implying something comparable to a box art legendary is somehow thousands of times weaker than the Legendary Birds.

I agree with the tier removal. Warping space-time on an unquantifiable scale doesn't grant a tier. High 3-A isn't legitimate either especially when infinite power statements are generally hyperbolic. I don't doubt the Pokédex being a valid source, but you honestly can't just give it a rating like that when their best feats are like Tier 6 tops. Either that or I guess calling something a bottomless pit must be literal and be High 3-A in size.

I am honestly iffy on files for Dynamax Trio for now as is. I personally think that it's best when New Legendaries are introduced that unless they have their own feats, that we should wait until they appear in other media to get a proper scale and tier.

Dragon speaks my mind. I think they were made faaaar too soon. I mean, look at the G7 profiles. They were made too soon and we had to stretch for their ratings until they had their own feats.

Yeah I've changed my mind, I agree with the above messages that the Gen 8 profiles were rushed and it led to all kinds of dubious scaling (look no further than the 6-B Dynamax scaling which was later debunked), like I already mentioned earlier and on top of what Dragon said until we see feats/scaling/statements from other media, its too soon to have the Galar mascots ranked tier 2/3 on minimum info unlike the Sinnoh mascots (who've got years of feats/lore across various media backing them up).

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am honestly iffy on files for Dynamax Trio for now as is. I personally think that it's best when New Legendaries are introduced that unless they have their own feats, that we should wait until they appear in other media to get a proper scale and tier.
I believe the files should be deleted and we should wait for them to appear in other media.

I mean, that implies that their feats aren't legit, which is being argued here.

Tbh I've just completed Pokémon shield (it's a fun albeit mediocre game imo, in a similar vein to Sonic forces but I digress) and aside from the pokédex entries (which are kinda vague), I honestly saw nothing in game or in the narrative that even implies universal feats/scaling.

Besides warping time/space (on a planetary level) and possessing an infinite amount of energy, I honestly saw nothing else that was impressive for Eternatus and I'm still 100% unconvinced about the tier 2/3 scaling just based on that.

Honestly, Eternatus shouldn't even have a file yet. The Gen 8 legends lack their own feats. I mean, let's be honest, the manga will have these guys scale to Mewtwo anyway...

Nah... gotta keep up the Gen 1 pandering (for some reason), either way Dragon makes sense and tbh the Gen 8 updates/profiles seemed rushed in general (such as, already scaling mons to other mons that don't even have profiles yet).

As much as I would've liked some tier 3 mons (to link between tier 2 Gen 4 and tier 4 Gen 7), its pretty evident we've jumped the gun in terms of scaling.

maybe we can even get a fight between gen4 and gen8 legendaries (anime or manga), because the next remake should be gen 4. And Eternamax warps space (Palkia) and time (Dialga)..

but if there is this battle, will we consider this an outlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back