• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, so we're all agreed, Esdeath is the more adorable of the two, but we should really get to decideing who's stronger. What is Lana's precog?

I will say right now Esdeath is the (Much) Smarter of the two, and has vastly more Ice constructs and versatility due to her ice.

Also, if she needs to make barriers to do, she risks getting time stopped

Btw, her barrier managed to block the Triforce disrupting time. So she can probably resist Esdeath's timestop is she has a raised barrier.

Alright, forgot this exsited. So Esdeath's advantage is Skill and Versitility. Lana's advantage is AP and possible Time Stop resistance. Hmmm...

If that's the case, I'm thinking Esdeath has this mid-difficulty. Lana's ability to tank blows and hit harder are just going to excite Esdeath and cause her to go all out. With ISCIC active she will likely be wearing Lana down too. For Esdeath, the fight will likely be fun and take a while. Lana will just be cold and dead.

On top of the reasons above, Esdeath also holds a solid range advantage. Voting her

I'll vote Esdeath as well. Range, versatility, skill while ISCIC is active are a huge leg up when Lana's sole advantage is just an AP lead. Esdeath's other advantages more than make up for it imo.

Eh, I wouldn't give Esdeath the versatility advantage. Everyone in Hyrule Warriors is versatile asf. Lana wields three different weapons, none of them being even remotely alike, and each with its own entirely different set of attacks, and that's not even counting her base magic as Cia's counterpart.

Also, given that Lana was able to beat Ganondorf (or at least a version of him), has killed literally thousands upon thousands of enemies, and has surveyed all the major fights of the Zelda series, skill may not be in Esdeath's favor either.

Three weapons doesn't seem as versatile as the numerous amounts of abilities Esdeath has with ice. Ice Calavary, Flight, Walls, Armor, Mech, Shields, Weapons, projectiles of different sizes, Tree that fires projectiles in every direction, Horses, ISCIC, Pillars, Flash Freeze, Regular Freeze and Giant ass blocks to drop on enemies.

For skill, defeating Ganondorf would be exceptional if Ganondorf has skill as well. I don't agree with the notion that time = skill.

Lana also has summons to counter Ice Calvary, Horses, and other summons, her barriers functions as walls, pillars, blocks to drop, and shields, plus the spear can turn into a shield, she can summon multiple trees that grant her water and ice powers, etc.

I'm just gonna quote the Zelda Wiki on her 3 weapons, as I haven't played HW in a couple years. Ignore some of the game mechanics.

Lana is primarily a spell-caster in battle. She is athletic, capable of bounding and leaping across the battlefield with ease. When using her Tome's barriers she can jump off them in acrobatic feats, traversing battlefields swiftly.

Her starting weapon is the Tome, a book of magic she carries to attack and to cast spells with. When used normally, Lana is able to manipulate the pages of her book to strike her enemies. Its most prominent skill is the conjuration of barriers which can take a variety of shapes. Lana can create walls that surround enemies, shove them away, or even create a cube-shaped barrier that she can roll to plow through hordes. These barriers shatter once they sustain sufficient damage, although Lana can also shatter them at will. Doing so causes damage to many enemies, though Lana can also be harmed. The weapon is of the Lightning Element.

Her second weapon is the Spear. It is primarily a tool for manipulating trees and plant life, allowing Lana to use water and ice spells. She can also conjure Deku Trees and sprouts with it. Alternatively, it can change form into a Deku Leaf, an over-sized Slingshot, and the Deku Shield. The Spear lacks significant speed, though the weapon itself is equipped with proper damage. It is associated with the Water Element.

Her third weapon is the Summoning Gate. Similar to the Spear, Lana uses it to summon creatures to fight for her. Her familiars are mostly enemies such as Dodongos, Gohmas, Manhandlas, and even Argoroks. Using her Strong Attack initially will summon a miniature boss monster and be stocked below her life bar. Should Lana use a combo that summons that particular enemy, the finisher will be powered up, such as when she summons Argorok and instead of it merely breathing fire, Lana will proceed to ride it. Overall, the Summoning Gate is a unique weapon with great crowd control, but due to its combos' unwieldy nature and overall low damage it can be difficult to utilize in a situation against a Captain enemy or a boss. Lana will dance and hum songs while using the Summoning Gate, creating gates for her creatures to appear. It is of the Fire Element.

In many cutscenes that feature the White Sorceress, she occasionally leaps a great distance after enforcing powerful electricity to strike the ground and destroying a huge amount of enemies. Lana has also displayed the powers to heal her allies at will. After Cia claimed the full Triforce and disrupted space and time, Lana creates a magical barrier that acts as a shield to prevent harm, showing one of her many magical powers once more. In "Darkness Falls", Lana reveals she can diminish dark barriers as being a sorceress of light.

Later on, it is seen that she and Cia share some of the same abilities, including, duplicating themselves or other creatures, and showcasing a ball of energy (lightning or darkness), among other abilities. Though it is not directly stated, Lana and her other half share the right to control the Gate of Souls one way or another—Cia preformed her act when forcing three other eras into the present time, while Lana herself carries the Gate of Souls as a level three weapon, and also creates multiple Gate of Souls in the Scenario "Enduring Resolve" to bring back the allies of the Hyrulean Forces.

Esdeath has killed 347,000 Soldiers within the span of a year, killing thousands of fodders isn't impressive under any circumstances.

Ganon, I mean I'm not sure why she doesn't fully scale if she somehow did less it was with help which is irrelevant.

Her main shitic is also Ice which Esdeath resists, and her RW apparently has to be active first meaning Time Stop GG

Thousands is within the span of a single battle, man...

Because it's this Gano

Time stop gets stopped if she put a barrier around herself, as her barriers stop spatiotemporal distortions. Wasn't that said in the beginning?

<Possibly High 6B

<Supposedly killed Ganon

K that's exactly my point

Yes, why would she though? She doesn't have Precog or the way to know she even has it

Idk. Like I said, I haven't played Hyrule Warriors in quite a long time. Given her position as the guardian of time, I'd assume it wouldn't be half bad.

Given Esdeath only uses it in a pinch, a second might be more useful than you'd think. Of course, if it is a second into the future, that's is.

A second is enough to react to bullets fired point blank dodge a strike while you're blinded and a couple dozen other things she reacted to

A second doesn't mean anything when your given a vague view of dying and you don't know what happened how it happened or going from attacking a person and about to take the victory to making a forcefield out of nowhere.

Back