• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs Gray Fullbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drellix said:
Esdeath doesn't know he can and he has the advantage of ranged attacks as well.
Even if she doesn't, she'll use Ice and once she realizes he can eat it to power up, she won't use it again. That's the moment Gray is doomed. Her physical stats are ~10 times higher than Gray's. Even if he does eat some ice from her, the power up gained from it won't do anything, maybe prolong his inevitable death.

Dispite Gray's ability to eat ice he has never actually used it against any of his ice using opponents and if he did use it Esdeath would have an opening to attack. Additionally she could break his jaw so he couldn't use it again.

Delta3000 said:
Dispite Gray's ability to eat ice he has never actually used it against any of his ice using opponents and if he did use it Esdeath would have an opening to attack. Additionally she could break his jaw so he couldn't use it again.
Actually Silver was an Ice Devil Slayer and he was shown consuming exterior sources of ice and being immune to it. Since he passed down his powers to Gray, it's only logical Gray can do the same.

Also he doesn't really chomp on it like it's food, he mostly absorbs it using his mouth, so breaking his jaw won't do much.

Re read my comment; i never said Gray couldn't eat ice, i said he doesn't use the ability.

Silver was shown biting down to start the absoption, presumably Gray has to do the same. Breaking his jaw would make it alot harder to eat ice even if it didn't stop him from doing so; Would you want to put something in you mouth when you had a broken jaw?

@Delta. Again, You missed Scarlets point. Gray doesn't have literally chew the ice. So asking would you put something in your mouth when you had a broken jaw is irrlevant and he justs aborbs/sucks it in. And Silver doesn't have to bite down? He absorbs grays ice by just sucking it in?
Silver eats grays ice

In the manga he has been shown to actually bite a part of the ice and then suck it all in. The biting thing is for dramatic effect, if he had to bite and eat all of it, that'd take forever.

Even if we were to assume Gray needs his jaw to actually consume the ice, saying Esdeath can break his jaw isn't exactly an argument. By that logic she can break his arms to prevent him from doing Ice Make Magic. I could follow that logic and say Gray can just kill Esdeath, that prevents her from doing anything so Gray wins. That's not how it works.

Regardless, a slayers eating ability is useless unless they can get their element in their mouth.

Breaking his jaw and arms (or chopping them off) sounds a lot like something Esdeath would do to disable Gray after she saw his fighting style; after which she would vivisect him for her own amusement.

Delta3000 said:
Breaking his jaw and arms (or chopping them off) sounds a lot like something Esdeath would do to disable Gray after she saw his fighting style; after which she would vivisect him for her own amusement.
What I'm saying is that this argument is invalid as Gray's supposedly weak point (his arms) are essentially everyone's weak points. I can say the same thing in favor of Gray. He can just slice Esdeath's arms or legs severely crippling her combat effectiveness. The argument is flawed because it can also work against you.

You would have a point there but, if these two are at their strongest, Gray will have a hard time even harming Esdeath let alone crippling her.

I already mentioned that Gray has no chance of winning if we take 7-A Esdeath since the power gap is very large.

Well this is a stomp if we use 7-A Esdeath and the 7-B version has a physical, skill and strategic edge which, in my opinion, gives her the win.

Timestop of Esdeath shouldn't work on Gray due to he is a Ice Devil Slayer and has High resistance to Ice. Tatsumi was able to move in her timestop because he adapt to her shiver, not because he adapt to time manipulations. I don't see any problems for Gray win this with easy, because Esdeath has chances only in close fight, and IDS ice is still much powerfull than usual Ice Esdeath posses, so Gray just freeze her

Gray has been upgraded ever since thigs discussion happened. So right now, he takes it. Not only does he have small island level attacks in his Devil Slayer mode, but he is also immune to her attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back